LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Sponsors should post prices too.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Sponsors should post prices too...

In the member For Sale section, we have to post prices...why shouldn't the vendors be required to do so as well?

I hate it when I see "Great deal on etc etc....please call or PM for pricing." (Speed Eng. )

It would be much easier and quicker to just have prices in the posts.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99ssleeper
In the member For Sale section, we have to post prices...why shouldn't the vendors be required to do so as well?

I hate it when I see "Great deal on etc etc....please call or PM for pricing." (Speed Eng. )

It would be much easier and quicker to just have prices in the posts.
because us sponsors have requirements to meet from our vendors about advertised pricing. most will yank our dealership if they see us post a price for a particular amount below retail price. some wont even let you run Group purchases on there product such as afr and flp.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

It would be much easier for everyone but vendors have guidelines that we have to follow. Here is a breif rundown of what we have to deal with -

Some manufacturers don't care what we sell/advertise for. That makes it easy for everyone.

Some (alot) of manufacturers have what is called MAP (minimum advertised pricing). That is the lowest price that a vendor is allowed to advertise. Go to low once and you'll probably get a call. Keep doing it and you can be cut off from that company. Lower pricing can be given over the phone or through e-mail but not advertised.

Then there are prices that can't be put in writing if they are to low. The only way those can be given is over the phone.

And finally there are some manufacturers that won't allow vendors to sell products below a certain price (period). No low pricing through e-mail, over the phone, whispered through a crack in the back door... nothing! Vendors that don't follow that rule can also be cut off.

Hope this helps,
Tom
Old 08-11-2005, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I see.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Don't be lazy. Pick up the phone and call or PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

That's a tough position.

So the vendor wants me to take on inventory on an item but there is NO REASON for Joe LS1Owner to buy from me rather than the other guy that also bought inventory. So I may be left with the stuff on the shelf gathering dust because the "market" and "supply & demand" have been taken out.

Personally, I would let the "Other guy" take the risk.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Banned

speed engineering's prices that i have gotten (fast and bmr stuff) havn't been even close to the deals i can get those parts for...so why would they be affraid to post them up?
Old 08-12-2005, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like they said above? They can't post a Lower price than is possible.

Added to Sticky on the top of this page/
Old 08-12-2005, 01:22 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks for clearing that up sponsors. I've been wondering that for awhile.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kbreck
That's a tough position.

So the vendor wants me to take on inventory on an item but there is NO REASON for Joe LS1Owner to buy from me rather than the other guy that also bought inventory. So I may be left with the stuff on the shelf gathering dust because the "market" and "supply & demand" have been taken out.

Personally, I would let the "Other guy" take the risk.
It's no different than tons of things that you can buy. But, like they said, it's a manufacturers decision.

A few examples of products with MAP pricing.... Maytag front loading washers. Weber Grills. Swiss Army watches. Bose stereo systems. Tempurpedic mattresses.

Buy from the company with the best service. Also free delivery is nice.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:19 AM
Teching In

I understand what 99ssleeper is talking about. It's the vender who overdoes it and expects us to e-mail them for every GP item that they have on sale. As it turns out like it has been said, these guys who claim to be cheap are only""posers and wanna be's." I don't waste my time or energy on them! Of course there are those sponsors who do really have good prices> for these guys I will take my time and e-mail them and determine if the price is right for me. Thanks for letting me vent! Alooooha.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

good thread.. i think its all hype. whats the difference between advertising a low price in a thread and having a manufacture log into ls1tech and PM the vendor in question and ask for the price? if there is a good price, it will spread around.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:32 AM
On The Tree

You would think that when a manufacturer sets a price that a vendor cannot go below it would be considered price fixing. It seems like that would not be legal. I know they do it alot and the vendors do what they can do give us a good price but why is this not considered price fixing....That's exactly what it is.....The is America.....A vendor should be able to sell a product for what ever they want...If they want to sell 1000 for $3 profit or 10 for $100 profit....It should be up to the vendor....Of coarse the manuf can sell for whatever they want as well.....I dont get it.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by My'98-Z
You would think that when a manufacturer sets a price that a vendor cannot go below it would be considered price fixing. It seems like that would not be legal. I know they do it alot and the vendors do what they can do give us a good price but why is this not considered price fixing....That's exactly what it is.....The is America.....A vendor should be able to sell a product for what ever they want...If they want to sell 1000 for $3 profit or 10 for $100 profit....It should be up to the vendor....Of coarse the manuf can sell for whatever they want as well.....I dont get it.
That keeps a bigger company from just dumping items on the market for next to nothing wipeing out the smaller guys, then jacking up their prices when no one else is around to sell the item anymore. Monopoly!
Old 08-24-2005, 09:47 AM
12 Second Club

yeah everytime I pm a sponsor I dont get that good of a deal I usally find it at another site for the same price and alot of times cheaper.. whats up with that?
Old 08-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RoysTransAm
That keeps a bigger company from just dumping items on the market for next to nothing wipeing out the smaller guys, then jacking up their prices when no one else is around to sell the item anymore. Monopoly!
thats when the anti-trust laws would come into effect. No monopoly.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

There are still monopolies today. Look at electrical companies and cable companies. Yes there may be more than one in an area. But it is likely they have exclusive rights in that area.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by My'98-Z
We can sell items for what ever we want. MAP stands for minimim advertised pricing. We just cannot advertise an item below a certian price. This helps hold up the prices so different kinds of dealers can stay in business
Mike
Old 08-24-2005, 02:26 PM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

We manufacture all of the items we offer for sale If I was a reseller and I was told by a supplier that I could not sell a item for less than XXXX amount That is call price fixing and best I remeber that is againt Federal Law . I might be wrong but I would not bet on it. Rex
Old 08-24-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

how hard is it to send a PM to a company? remember they don't have to offer GPs or specials to us, they could keep the extra profit. they also don't want to take a chance, since that may cause them to lose even more profit if they can no longer sell a product

Quick Reply: Sponsors should post prices too.