LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Got My New MTI Airlid

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got My New MTI Airlid

I don't know if MTI is a sponsor or not, but I have to say this anyway.

I ordered an MTI Carbon Fiber Airlid almost a month ago directly from them! I called up Monday to ask why I had not recieved it yet. They gave me a story of how they had been on back-order and they had just gotten some ready that day (I don't necessarily believe this...but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt).

They never told me that they were on backorder (especially for a month). I'm not sure they would have even shipped it out right away if I hadn't called. I made them ship it priority so I could get it.

WAIT....It gets Better!!! I just go my CF Airlid. It's ALL SCRATCHED UP TO HELL and has a NICE GOUGE in it!!!!!

I'm calling in the morning to get my money back and ordering a Whisper CF Airlid. Anyone have a suggestion for a good sponsor to order this from?
Old 03-15-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats f@cked up what they did to you. I would return it and tell them to give you a full refund + shipping. Try ls1speed.com thats where I got my lid from. Got it fast and no problems with the shipping either.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that sucks, definately demand a refund
Old 03-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Possible Scammer - Buyer Beware - Issues Unresolved

i have always had good FAST complaint free service for texas speed and performance (sponsor)----------->
Old 03-16-2006, 10:36 AM
12 Second Club

TSP is good but www.ls1speed.com is the best in my opinion best prices good service..
Old 03-16-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
TSP is good but www.ls1speed.com is the best in my opinion best prices good service..

I just ordered a Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid from ls1speed.com. Yes....I did let them know I was a member from ls1tech and you guys had referred me.

As for MTI.....I did call them up.....they offered to send me another one (another 2-3 weeks backorder.....at least they told me this time). I told them I needed my money back so they took my card # to refund me and he's supposed to give me a call back. I'll hold my breath until I actually get the refund.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

Report this to the administators on this site. Ask them to give MTI some hell for you.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

well, if it makes you feel any better; i ordered my mti clear lid back in DEC 05, called basically weekly until the 2nd week of january b/c everytime they said "oh the shipment will be in tomorrow and we'll get it out in the next couple of days". after hearing that for nearly 6 weeks, i gave up, and what do you know, i still don't have it, havent heard anything from them and they never debited my account. i think mti needs new/better management
Old 03-16-2006, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

MTI will make things right with you.
I've noticed lids seem to be hard to come by lately, mti/tsp seem to be out of stock frequently??
Old 03-16-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been hearing that a lot lately from a lot of people! they say they have in stock but 2 weeks go by and they never call, then you call and they say oh they are on back order. WTF? up with some of the places
Old 03-16-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hmmm. I can relate to Mr. RedWS6. I ordered an MTI clear lid , I can't remember when, but it was my 1st mod and they gave me the same "back order referral. It took a month to finally get but I got it. Nice product too.

That WS6 is nice, it is different MrRedWS6. I like that. Where did you get those headlight covers from?
Old 03-16-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

i ordered my clear lid in from mti and i got it within a week, no problems at all
Old 03-16-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry to hear guys. I ordered my clear MTI lid a while back and it came to the door within a week in perfect condition.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was talking about a bunch of different parts and different places
Old 03-16-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dealth with MTI they did fine with me I knew it was back ordered and I gave them 2 calls just to make sure things were ok and they were.

Looks and works great I'm sorry to see you had a snag but they treated me very well.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is there really a difference in the performance benefits between TSP, MTI and SLP lids?
Old 03-16-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by sills1
Is there really a difference in the performance benefits between TSP, MTI and SLP lids?
PERFORMANCE--I doubt it.....FITMENT--they all seem to be different for some reason...my SLP fits fine, but others have said they have had issues with them.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sills1
Nothing worth getting one over the other.

go with fitmint and looks.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by parbreak
Report this to the administators on this site. Ask them to give MTI some hell for you.
If there are any admins that read this....please do give them hell!!!

I don't appear to be alone with this problem. I let them know when I ordered it that I was from LS1Tech.com.

To put it in perspective....some people here have had a good experience with them....and that's great. They do make a nice product....and the service for you was good.

HOWEVER, what they've done to me and apparently many other people is NOT ACCEPTABLE....PERIOD! An admin needs to have a serious talk with them or we need to drop them from the sponsor list.

I'm not one to stur up trouble...and I am reasonable and usually resolve things without raising a big fuss if the other party is working in good faith. It just seems to me that MTI isn't working in good faith....good company....they just have some major problems. Unfortunately those problems mean we get screwed while they just continue on.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RedWS601
Hmmm. I can relate to Mr. RedWS6. I ordered an MTI clear lid , I can't remember when, but it was my 1st mod and they gave me the same "back order referral. It took a month to finally get but I got it. Nice product too.

That WS6 is nice, it is different MrRedWS6. I like that. Where did you get those headlight covers from?
I assume you're talking to me "MrWS6Speed". The headlight covers are actually Carbon Fiber. They were done by Titus here on LS1Tech....he had them on his black T/A and then sold them to me.

Not perfect....but not bad. They give the car a unique look. They will tie in better when I get the rest of the mods done.