LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Futral Motorsports *Sigh*

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Futral Motorsports *Sigh*

I'm sure some of you saw the F13 cam that had chewed up my lifters...if not the picture is below. I tore my car apart on March 5th, and had the cam in the mail back to Futral on the 6th. They received the cam on Friday the 10th...I called them Monday the 13th to make sure they received the cam and they did. I was told by David that they had to wait for the cams to come in from Cam Motion, then mine would be in the mail and would have in by the end of this week or mid next week.

So I called in today to see if they had recieved the F13 cams in stock from Cam Motion...guess what, nope. Now they are telling me 3 more weeks because they are using a new core or something and they have to wait for those to get done.

It drives me up the wall when one person tells me one thing, and another person tells me something different, especially when its a 3-week difference in time. I appreciate the fact that Futral is replacing the cam at no charge, but when this car is my daily driver and it has to sit apart for over a month is what really gets to me.

And to top it all off you have to call them over a dozen times just to get someone on the phone. So to anyone wanting to order a cam from FMS, be prepared to wait 3 weeks or more for it.

Old 03-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If yoy had paid attention to what is going on and what we are telling you.

Yes we told you 1 week to replace the cam. Last week we decided not to ship out any cams that were grinded on the current cores from camshaft machine and to make our own new cores. We have explained to everybody that the NEW cores were going to be ready to ship for another 2 weeks. We are doing this to give our customers the best product we can and take take care of all the issues.

NOW if you want we can ship you a cam now on the current core and we cannot gurranty what will happen. The choice is yours

Also everybody needs to understand we are a small company and only have a part time in thr front answering the phone. Me and one back person do answer the phone when we can. Iam in process of getting a full time sales person to get things going.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Futral Motorsports
Also everybody needs to understand we are a small company and only have a part time in thr front answering the phone. Me and one back person do answer the phone when we can. Iam in process of getting a full time sales person to get things going.
I will give Alan credit for something I have never seen before with a performance shop. I towed my car over 500 miles to have Alan tune it. I could only give him two full days because I had to get back to work. The whole time I was there, he was busy focusing his attention on my car. He occasionally stopped to answer the phone, but did not talk for any length of time. My car had a few problems on the dyno that were not tuning related, and Alan offered any help I needed to get it right so he could get back to work on it. I was impressed by his dedication of time to my car while it was in his hands. After all, I was paying him for his time, and I did not expect to pay him for time he was on the phone with other customers.

I am sure a lot of you feel the same way, knowing that his attention is on your car, your pride and joy, and not trying to answer all the phone calls he gets. You also have to consider the people that show up unannounced and take up his time asking him questions. Like he said, he has a small shop, but the small shop is usually the one trying to keep your business and will go the extra mile.

I have always had the best success getting in touch with him via email.

I will definitely do business with Futral Motorsports in the future.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Futral Motorsports
If yoy had paid attention to what is going on and what we are telling you.

Yes we told you 1 week to replace the cam. Last week we decided not to ship out any cams that were grinded on the current cores from camshaft machine and to make our own new cores. We have explained to everybody that the NEW cores were going to be ready to ship for another 2 weeks. We are doing this to give our customers the best product we can and take take care of all the issues.

NOW if you want we can ship you a cam now on the current core and we cannot gurranty what will happen. The choice is yours

I am paying attention to whats going on, evidently your employees are not as I was told 2 different things 3 days apart...I just want a straight answer....thats all. So is it 2 weeks or 3 weeks or are you not sure when they will be ready? Just wanting to know when I'll be able to put it back together. Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:01 PM
11 Second Club

Josh, when i spoke with you we were waiting on another batch of cams to come in. AFTER i spoke with you we decided not to send ANY cams that were ground on the old cores out in hopes that it would save you from having to possibly tear your car down in the future for the same reason. As of right now we are telling everyone that it will be ~3 weeks before you recieve your new camshaft. Im sorry for your inconvenience...

David
Old 03-20-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I understand now, I'm sure everyone knows the frustration of having a daily driver apart for weeks on end. Are you expecting them at FMS in 3 weeks or at our doorstep in 3 weeks?
Old 03-20-2006, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

ideally at your doorstep in 3 weeks, but that will depend on just how many cams they have to grind for us and this is all assuming that they dont run into any delays. and i can deffinatly relate to having your daily driver down, heck i just got a beater a few months back so i have been doing the daily driver/racer for several years now
Old 03-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I learned a long time ago dont mod your daily driver. In the parts industry you are just begging for issues. Wait time sucks for everyone. Futral Motorsports will get you situated. It's just sometimes they also have to wait on things from other companies that support them. I am sure when I drop my car off in September to freshen up my motor and possibly upgrade heads I will have to wait a long time as well, but I am planning on it. That is why I have more cars to choose from..
Old 03-28-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VINCE
I learned a long time ago dont mod your daily driver. In the parts industry you are just begging for issues. Wait time sucks for everyone. Futral Motorsports will get you situated. It's just sometimes they also have to wait on things from other companies that support them. I am sure when I drop my car off in September to freshen up my motor and possibly upgrade heads I will have to wait a long time as well, but I am planning on it. That is why I have more cars to choose from..
Unfortunatly some of us arent as financially stable enough to own more than 1 car...hell it took me a year to get enough money for the cam install...I'm glad I have a freind that loaned me a car during all this.

Besides, who can own a LS1 and not mod it?
Old 03-29-2006, 04:45 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joshp14
Unfortunatly some of us arent as financially stable enough to own more than 1 car...hell it took me a year to get enough money for the cam install...I'm glad I have a freind that loaned me a car during all this.

Besides, who can own a LS1 and not mod it?
I totally agree with you. I dont have money. I have credit and no way to pay them all back
Old 04-06-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW, i returned my cam a month ago, and just received mine today. if you havnt gotten yours, id expect it soon.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just got it today as well...