LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

12.8.06 RESOLVED: TTP Sent me cracked heads, will not refund money...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12.8.06 RESOLVED: TTP Sent me cracked heads, will not refund money...

A few weeks back TTP posted a thread in the classifieds for a pair of #241 casting stage 2 heads. I paid them vial paypal within minutes of getting there info, the heads arrived and were #853 castings not the #241's the advertised in the thread, on top of that there is a VERY obvious crack along with other damage to one of the combustion chambers. I was told I would have a refund last Tuesday, then came wedsday, thursday still nothing, so finally after calling everyday that week they "pended" a refund via paypal. I called paypal and was told they didn't have any money in their account and it was being funded by there bank, it stayed in pending status from last friday until today when for some reason TTP CANCELLED my refund and now they won't answer my calls. WTF Matt@TTP?? My car is torn down to the shortblock in my garage and you send me junk heads then refuse a refund? You are a real $hitbag and as far as I'm concerned should be banned if you don't make this right. I have been a member of this site since day one and have had nothing but smooth transactions with other members, you however are nothing but a con-artist........
Old 12-07-2006, 02:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Please post a link to the for sale ad, and the price you paid. The more details, the better.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Regular

Default Link

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/601594-t-r-stage-2-cnc-ported-241-cylinder-heads.html

I paid $500....
Old 12-07-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Regular

Paypal suggested I file a complaint through them so I did, seems someone from TTP pulled my refund just before it was to be funded.....
Old 12-07-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Veteran

that was fast...
Old 12-07-2006, 03:34 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I PM'd Matt Sorian this thread.

ADMIN
Old 12-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Banned

The heads left my shop perfectly fine. The 853 casting was a mistake and I admit it. This is why from day one I said no problem getting a refund but I want to assure I have the heads coming back to my possession or UPS.

Jake from my shop talked to Steve. Here is the scenario:

I told him I am glad to refund his sale but I need the heads to be picked up by UPS. So on December 1, I filed the refund. I did not have a balance in paypal so it had to come from my bank account. As of today the funds cleared and were going to be sent to him. He lodged a complaint and paypal put my account on limited access because of the complaint. I have been back and forth with Paypal today to get this matter complete.

I am not denying anything with the refund, it was going through fine and then a complaint was lodged. I have nothing to hide, here is the direct copy from paypal:

Currency Help Available Balance Help
U.S. Dollar: $488.05 USD <-- the amount of refund was $500 - the fees paypal covers that is why you see $485.20 comes from us and $14.80 refunds from paypal for a complete $500.00

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
Nov. 20, 2006 Payment From james hicks Completed Details $500.00 USD -$14.80 USD $485.20 USD

Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
Nov. 20, 2006 Payment Received Completed Details $500.00 USD -$14.80 USD $485.20 USD
Dec. 1, 2006 Refund Removed ... -$500.00 USD $0.00 USD -$500.00 USD
Dec. 1, 2006 Add Funds from a Bank Account Completed Details $485.20 USD $0.00 USD $485.20 USD
Dec. 7, 2006 Update to Add Funds from a Bank Account Completed Details $485.20 USD $0.00 USD $485.20 USD

-- > The refund shows as removed because due to my account being limited it will not let me send back the money.

I should have a resolution on this matter from Paypal tonight.

This is why I ask customers to please contact me direct, as we have been on the phone numerous times on this matter and it will get resolved. Because of impatience now the money is in limbo.

Last edited by TTPMatt; 12-07-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Banned

TTP CANCELLED my refund and now they won't answer my calls.
I call BS on this one. You called and your phone call was returned in less than 10 minutes. Every other time you have been able to reach me via phone or PM.

Steve, I am trying to take care of this and you call me names. Customer service is a two-way street, you have been updated the entire time and then you file a complaint when the refund is about to go through?!?

You claimed you called numerous times this morning, there is a guy in my office all the time now for that reason. I see one missed call at 3:04pm EST that was returned immediately.

Your attitude towards me on the phone is reprehensible and I don't appreciate being hung up on.

Last edited by GEARHED; 12-07-2006 at 05:33 PM. Reason: sticky rules here, no name calling (or repeat of name calling)
Old 12-07-2006, 04:07 PM
TECH Regular

I filed a complaint because you cancelled my refund, not after you refunded me. Why would i refuse a refund I have been waiting on for 10 days? When i logged on to paypal today the status of my refund was "removed", I called cust. service they suggested I file a claim otherwise I wasn't goint to get my money so I did, its that simple.....and let me remind you of some indusputable facts you sent me 853 heads not 241's, they are cracked anyone with better that 40/60 vision can see that, 10 days is how long this has been dragging along, I paid you within minutes....

Last edited by Steve98Z; 12-07-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Banned

I have contacted Paypal spoke a representative. He is forwarding Steve an email stating exactly that this is a Paypal error and no refund was put through from my end. We are working towards getting his money right back to him now. (Still on phone with paypal)

Gotcha Steve. I do apologize again but as stated above this was an error from Paypal. I am waiting to speak to a supervisor now about this lady. Do you have her employee ID # or a last name by chance?
Old 12-07-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
I have contacted Paypal spoke a representative. He is forwarding Steve an email stating exactly that this is a Paypal error and no refund was put through from my end. We are working towards getting his money right back to him now. (Still on phone with paypal)

Gotcha Steve. I do apologize again but as stated above this was an error from Paypal. I am waiting to speak to a supervisor now about this lady. Do you have her employee ID # or a last name by chance?
Her name is not ann that was the first time I called, her intialls are H.N., thats all I have, I also spoke to a Chelsey, no $hit a refund wasn't put through,why do you think I'm raising so much hell I already told you the refund was cancelled....
Old 12-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Banned

Ah Steve I misunderstood you on the name part. If you have her full name please send to me. Paypal will be emailing you direct and releasing the funds. I am going to stay on top of this, but when you receive the email from Paypal if you could please share this with the community that would be great. The gentleman I spoke to said it will state that paypal made the error not us.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Now the little shoe steps in:

It is obvious from the outset the refund was trying to be resolved asap.

Phone calls were made and returned, account issues are figured out for the refund.

What is not addressed is the possiblity the heads could have been damaged in shipping. Steve, do you still have the box and packing it came in for pictures so a claim can be made if necessary? That would be helpful to you both. (See sticky at top of "Holiday Shipping". Yes. UPS *can* crack headers, blocks and tranny's in shipping this time of year).

Please keep updates sans name calling or less than 24 hour time spans - that can be taken up in pm or by phone.

Thank you,
The Crabby Sponsor Feedback Moderator
Old 12-07-2006, 06:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Now the little shoe steps in:

It is obvious from the outset the refund was trying to be resolved asap.

Phone calls were made and returned, account issues are figured out for the refund.

What is not addressed is the possiblity the heads could have been damaged in shipping. Steve, do you still have the box and packing it came in for pictures so a claim can be made if necessary? That would be helpful to you both. (See sticky at top of "Holiday Shipping". Yes. UPS *can* crack headers, blocks and tranny's in shipping this time of year).

Please keep updates sans name calling or less than 24 hour time spans - that can be taken up in pm or by phone.

Thank you,
The Crabby Sponsor Feedback Moderator
I have everything as I recieved it......
Old 12-07-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Great, can you get some pictures of the box (all sides) and packing? Even if it doesn't have a tear or hole on the outside, it could have been dropped doing the damage.
I'd like to address that now in case it is part of the overall issue.

Thank you
Old 12-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Banned

I sent a claim to UPS for the box I dont know if they ever showed up at Steve's door with the sticker though! We talked to paypal a bit further so everything is in motion I have been in contact with Steve again about hour ago. This all seems to be a big misunderstanding I believe Steve is happy we just both want him to have his own money back ! LOL.

- Matt
Old 12-08-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Regular

I sent a claim to UPS for the box I dont know if they ever showed up at Steve's door with the sticker though! We talked to paypal a bit further so everything is in motion I have been in contact with Steve again about hour ago. This all seems to be a big misunderstanding I believe Steve is happy we just both want him to have his own money back ! LOL.

- Matt
Matt, still no money in my account, check your Resolution Center at Paypal this morning, the status is "Waiting for response from seller", let me know what happens....

Steve
Old 12-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Banned

Reversal To james hicks Dec. 8, 2006 Completed Details -$500.00 USD $14.80 USD

Finally! frigging paypal.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:55 AM
TECH Regular

Reversal To james hicks Dec. 8, 2006 Completed Details -$500.00 USD $14.80 USD

Finally! frigging paypal.
I got it! Paypal never emailed me that apology letter, if they ever do I will post it up, thanks for getting this resolved, I have your heads packaged up waiting for UPS, I hope you can excuse my impatience but when Paypal screwed up and cancelled my refund after waiting on it so long I went off the chains, everything is cool on my end with TTP....

Steve
Old 12-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Banned

Cool Steve. I will call the gentleman again, he said its going to the email address you provided with paypal.

I will have UPS pick the heads up this coming week.

- Matt

Quick Reply: 12.8.06 RESOLVED: TTP Sent me cracked heads, will not refund money...