LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

BG Trannie Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BG Trannie Service

I have seen no discussion of BG Products, here or elsewhere. http://www.bgfindashop.com/locator/index.php

Given the many complaints regarding the W body trannies and especially when linked with the 5.3 V8, I'm curious as to why nobody has tried it.

I phoned the nearest BG folks, 70 miles away at a Chevy dealer. He said 300 bucks for flush, filter, 18 qt. Dex 6, and the BG drinks.

The local Chevy dealer said 190 bucks for flush & filter.

BG says for 30,000 miles following their service they will pay up to $2,000 toward trannie repairs. Not exactly what the ads would have you believe, but lying ads are nothing new.

Local dealer says they don't even recommend the ATF&F until 50K. Sorry, I do maintenance sooner rather than later.
He also says the normal operating temp for the ATF should be 195 to 215.

Wacha think?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Teching In

I use BG products at work. Trans, brake, A/C, power steering, and coolant flushes. Never Had a problem.

I have used the MOA (more oil additivs) in my 1991 s10, and all my families cars and never had a problem.

My boss puts it in his car at every oil change.

I wouldn't put anything but Dexron VI in 4T65E-HD though.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trans filter and fluid every 30,000 for me!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ji22my
I use BG products at work. Trans, brake, A/C, power steering, and coolant flushes. Never Had a problem.

I have used the MOA (more oil additivs) in my 1991 s10, and all my families cars and never had a problem.

My boss puts it in his car at every oil change.

I wouldn't put anything but Dexron VI in 4T65E-HD though.
So no BG in the trannie, eh? What is the stuff, anyway?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Teching In

The BG trans fluid is a full synthetic Versi-trans fluid. Made for any transmission.

A guy I work with did a flush on on a Comp-G Grand Prix. He test drove it, came back and hooked it up to the flusher. Finished, backed it out, put it in drive, and it would not move. Had to rev it to about 3000-4000 rpm to get it to move. Everyone told him he flushed it wrong and blew the trans. Had to drop the pan, change the filter, then fill it with dexron VI, clean out the flush machine and fill it with dex VI. The first mix of dex and bg was flushed out, and filled with pure Dexron IV. After that it was better than ever.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

The BG trans fluid is a full synthetic Versi-trans fluid. Made for any transmission.

A guy I work with did a flush on on a Comp-G Grand Prix. He test drove it, came back and hooked it up to the flusher. Finished, backed it out, put it in drive, and it would not move. Had to rev it to about 3000-4000 rpm to get it to move. Everyone told him he flushed it wrong and blew the trans. Had to drop the pan, change the filter, then fill it with dexron VI, clean out the flush machine and fill it with dex VI. The first mix of dex and bg was flushed out, and filled with pure Dexron IV. After that it was better than ever.
Well that sounds like a load of fun. I may just take a pass on this...
Old 11-01-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this is an old posting but I dont believe this story for a second. I have done many of these & this never happened. If it was a BG machine theres a device that pops up when the fluid exchange is completed. Its best to shut off the car at that time or the trans will be low on fluid. Did the tech check the fluid level properly? I bet not. I have had times when I had to add some fluid after doing this service. These flush machines dont actually "flush" anything, they simply let the transmission pump exchange the old fluid out & the new fluid in. Now the BG brake flush machine does flush as it uses air pressure to push the fluid through the system & bleeders.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Launching!

My shop uses BG products and I've never had an issue. A BG trans flush is a maintenance service. It doesn't fix or correct pre existing problems. I did a BG trans flush with their chemicals and used my shops supplied dex 6 in my 07 MCSS and didnt have any problems. Bottom line, the BG trans flush isnt going to cause your transmission to fail. Just make sure the machine is used correctly and the right fluid is in it. Like I said though it won't fix your transmission if if has an underlying issue.

Quick Reply: BG Trannie Service