LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Predator Came In

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Predator Came In

May be redundant questions but bear with me.

Is there anything I need to know before I plug this in? I got it used for HALF price on eBay so IDK if it comes with manuals (haven't been home to open it yet).

Also what have your actual experiences been with going from bone stock (k&n filter only) to this?

To add to that what is your actual experience going from bone stock, to predator only, to predator + DiabLew Tune?

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In my experience, the "canned" tunes that come with the device are close to worthless. I strongly suggest you contact 06MonteSS and get hooked up with a DiabLew tune. I tried using the canned tunes, and even with the 91 octane tune, the car had tons of KR, had bad surging problems with the DoD turned on, and reduction in MPG.

In my opinion, if you have a DiabloSport, you need a DiabLew Tune to make the most of it.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

I plan on getting the DiabLew tune asap.

I just wanted to hear some good reviews on it. Since I am very excited to hook it up tomorrow when I get home.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Come on I know a bunch of u guys have one!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Resident

Well, the most important thing about the Diablo tuner is that if the person you bought it from did not re-install the factory tune into their car, you are SOL. The tuner only works with one car at a time. If they didn't re-install their factory tune (in other words... if they left the Diablo tune in their PCM) then you'll have to send it back to them to do this, otherwise you just bought an expensive paperweight. From what I remember, Diablosport will no longer reset tuners with this problem, so hopefully the seller knew what the hell they were doing when they sold you this.

As far as the manuals, you can get all that on the DS website.

As far as a difference, yes there is a good improvement over stock with just the canned tunes, but to really get the most out of it, you really need to talk to Lew. Even before he was doing the Diablew tunes, he would help me read my logs and make suggestions for tweaking the canned tunes that really helped alot. I haven't gotten one of his Diablew tunes, but I definitely plan to.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:16 AM
On The Tree

Oh yeah the place I bought it from on eBay sells a lot of tuners and had a guarantee it wouldn't be vin locked so if it were I could dispute it. Thanks a lot tho. I was talkin to lew before I even bought it lol. I was just hoping I would feel somethig before input together the hundred bucksn on his tune lol
Old 05-26-2010, 07:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Corny40
Well, the most important thing about the Diablo tuner is that if the person you bought it from did not re-install the factory tune into their car, you are SOL. The tuner only works with one car at a time. If they didn't re-install their factory tune (in other words... if they left the Diablo tune in their PCM) then you'll have to send it back to them to do this, otherwise you just bought an expensive paperweight. From what I remember, Diablosport will no longer reset tuners with this problem
yeah, they've been doing it for a while now... they'll do it, but it'll cost ya $129 to get it done... hehe...

Hurley, if you get it and it's locked, let me know... I can take care of it

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-26-2010, 07:19 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hurley_21_07
Oh yeah the place I bought it from on eBay sells a lot of tuners and had a guarantee it wouldn't be vin locked so if it were I could dispute it. Thanks a lot tho. I was talkin to lew before I even bought it lol. I was just hoping I would feel somethig before input together the hundred bucksn on his tune lol
here are some "reviews"....

http://www.dslogredux.com/DiabLew_Tu...timonials.html

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

Default Just do it...

I am in the middle of my Diab-Lew tune as we speak and plan to get more logs as I rack up the miles. We uploaded the first tune this weekend (Lew was working on it on a Sunday) and the more I drive the car the faster it gets. It's flat out mean. Honestly, I wasn't real impressed with the Diablo tuner until we put the custom tune on. Now, I'm really excited to see where we end up once we are complete. Lew is great to work with and this investment will truly be worth every cent.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 05-26-2010, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you are looking for the people on here to rave about the basic tune or the DiabloSport company, you are in the wrong place! The company has allowed their employee's (Mike) to make conflicting and proven false statements (lies) for year after year after year on updating the unit to control the transmission. I installed the original Diablo tune on my '06 and it was SLOWER in the quarter mile. The culprit seemed to be the shifting, they remove TM and it caused long, shuddering shifts which are terrible for the transmission and equally as bad for e.t. It is essentially an overpriced code reader in our application. Lew can improve it and I suggest you go that route as long as you already spent the funds, but it is not the product that their vague, disclaimer-in-small-print, deliberately obtuse description implies. There are a lot of people who 'misunderstood' the capabilities of the product and then foolishly believed when told that transmission adjustability would be available for an update in the near future.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

No I wasn't looking for raves about the canned tunes. I was looking for reviews.

Have any of you guys done any track comparisons as far as stock vs DiabLew? From what I hear the SOTP is night and day but was just wondering if anyone had dyno or track numbers as well.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Well I pit in the 91 no DOD tune and it is so nice not having dod. Also feels peppier especially mid range on the 1-2 shift. It doesnt lag now. I know the shift is the same but the power is there now.

I tried to 93 tune but didnt really feel any difference since I get 92 here cuz 93 is 48 cents more per gallon but I will switch to 93 when I get my DiabLew tune.

Anyway it feels better even though its hot here this week.

Can't wait for my DiabLew tune!