Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

anyone else got an slp installed?

Old 06-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
Launching!

Trader Rating: 0
Default anyone else got an slp installed?

I just bought one ha..i remember seeing a vid of a monte ss with one and loved the sound..magnaflow sounds nice but is too quiet..from my experience flowmasters always never really caught my eye so I got the slp..cheaper sounds good and is louder..im just wondering if anyones got one installed and if they happen to have any videos of it...i already got a hogan downpipe to pmpliment it - next is a hiflo cat and intake ha..im in predeployment training now so I can't even see my monte til my leave on late august ha but anyways if anyones got any vids or any words on the slp lemme know thanks!
Model16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5
Send a message via MSN to williamGT

Heres a GXP with the SLP exhaust.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUpmDyve8qU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efj0ppad-0A
2009 Pontiac G8 GT Panther metallic black, Onyx/Red interior. DT shorty headers, Catless, Solo Mach cat-back, sport metallic pedals, Roto-Fab intake, Powerbond underdrive pulley, GXP front bumper, GXP rear diffuser, Roto-Fab rad cover, Holden 6.0 V8 badges, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp and Battery gauges on center dash (Atari style) and DOD de-activated.

williamGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
TECH Enthusiast

Trader Rating: 4
Send a message via AIM to Nick_Nasty's_GXP

Kinda sounds like stock to me, maybe a tad throatier.

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP:
APPEARANCE: LS4 Badge (Doors), Custom 3rd Brake Light, Chrome DEPO Headlights, Self-Tinted Reverse Bar & Taillights, Painted Arrowhead & Grille, H/D Chin.
PERFORMANCE: Don Rome STB's, K&N Intake, Ported Intake Manifold, MagnaFlow Exhaust, PowerAid TBS, QTP Cutout, HSRK, Catch Can.
COMING SOON: Diablo Predator w/DiabLEW Tune, Window Tints, Catless DP, Shorter Dogbone, Poly MM.
Nick_Nasty's_GXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
TECH Enthusiast

I have it on mine, but I do not have mufflers!! And the SLP cat back exback WILL fit with NO PROBLEMS. It comes with a extra "hanger adapter" that bolts up to the frame no drilling and thats it, so everything's just purely bolt on!! ... I think I would pick these anyday over the quiet resy-equipped magnaflow exhaust system....

Poly Motor Mount, Heat Sheild Wrapped K&N Intake, AiRaid TB, DonRome & Flip STBs, Hogan DP with Hi-Flo Cat,
SLP Exhaust with good ol' straight pipe, 18 inch Black Exel Rims & Nexen N3000ZR Tires
07carlocrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
12 Second Club

Trader Rating: 14

Pre Deployment.. nice! I've got a little brother in the USMC stationed at Camp Pendleton, doing logistics for the USAF right now. He was loading ships. I'm in the Aren't ready MARINES yet branch (ARMY) lol.
Best of luck to you and your comrades!

Not a lot of LS4 owners have gone with this kit so I'm interested to hear how you like it. I have heard that makes gobs of torque, so be prepared!
DavidGXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
TECH Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SSCoop Send a message via Yahoo to SSCoop

carlocrusader whats the item number and etc for your exhaust because im going to go with that and add a 3 inch down pipe and of course delete the mufflers and resonator

06 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red Crystal Pearl-Mods: K&N CAI, Magnaflow exhaust w/ Mufflers and Resonator delete.
Future Mods: Tuner, tinted windows, tined tail lights, SRT8 hood, honey comb grille w/ black crosshair, Red R/T grille logo/ hockey stick charger decals, Torque Thrust wheels, Long Tube Headers, Cam, and much more.
SSCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #7
TECH Fanatic

dude is it just me or are you forever messing with that exhaust on your car. ^^^
Old 06-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #8
Teching In

im working on a b/s exhaust system...now i currently have 2 flowmaster 44's, with res delete...im tired of hearing the same exhaust around town.....im goin to cut those flows out and get a slp loudmouth 2 welded it where the old res use to be
stlsillest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #9
TECH Addict

Trader Rating: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsillest View Post
im working on a b/s exhaust system...now i currently have 2 flowmaster 44's, with res delete...im tired of hearing the same exhaust around town.....im goin to cut those flows out and get a slp loudmouth 2 welded it where the old res use to be
should sound really good
2012 Mustang GTWhite M6, Brembo, 3.73, Bama tune, Lethal o/r X, Corsa 2006 TBSS - 219/227 .606/.613 112+2, SW long tubes, LS2 Portworks, IeatSRT CAI, FMS Tune, Nitrous Works 150shot, stg 6 4l70, MidwestLSX 3200 stall, Kbees Coilovers. SOLD . .2008 G8 GT White- SOLD. . .1997 Camaro Z28/SS Clone -M6, Kooks, Cammed, Milled, Ported, Polished, Geared, etc.SOLD . . 2006 Grand Prix GXP[/COLOR] - HPtuned, Magnaflow. . .
94ss06gxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #10
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp View Post
should sound really good
i hope so, ill get them on as soon as i get sme free time and post a vid....
Old 06-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #11
TECH Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Count of Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07carlocrusader View Post
I have it on mine, but I do not have mufflers!! And the SLP cat back exback WILL fit with NO PROBLEMS. It comes with a extra "hanger adapter" that bolts up to the frame no drilling and thats it, so everything's just purely bolt on!! ... I think I would pick these anyday over the quiet resy-equipped magnaflow exhaust system....
Very impressed with your setup.

'10 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 "Blue Whale"

'92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34M5 "Red Lobster"
Count of Monte Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #12
TECH Enthusiast

monte man i am forever messing with it. i just hate the backfire from the straightpipe, plus i always loved slp loudmouth exhausts. they sound mean as hell

06 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red Crystal Pearl-Mods: K&N CAI, Magnaflow exhaust w/ Mufflers and Resonator delete.
Future Mods: Tuner, tinted windows, tined tail lights, SRT8 hood, honey comb grille w/ black crosshair, Red R/T grille logo/ hockey stick charger decals, Torque Thrust wheels, Long Tube Headers, Cam, and much more.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #13
TECH Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCoop View Post
monte man i am forever messing with it. i just hate the backfire from the straightpipe, plus i always loved slp loudmouth exhausts. they sound mean as hell
SLP LM exhausts are usually straight pipe with small resnoators
Old 06-21-2010, 09:14 AM   #14
TECH Enthusiast

gotta love slp loudmouth

Old 06-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #15
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho SS View Post
SLP LM exhausts are usually straight pipe with small resnoators
my thoughts exactly. if anything buy an slp loudmouth resonator in your diameter and it should sound very similar.
http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...IG=310013919-1
Old 06-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #16
Staging Lane

so hold up the cat-back exhaust for the 2000-2008 monte/ss will fit the 2008 impala ss with just mounting an extra hanger, everything else just bolts right up?
chevySS08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #17
Launching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07carlocrusader View Post
there you go..lol

my exhaust arrived last week..my step dad and grandpa put it on for me in our "shop"..said it went on no problem..can't really say much else cause im like 3000 miles away from my car lol..but i got alot of pics and it looks great
Model16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #18
Teching In

ok guys, no more flow 44's. SLP it is! got the lodmouth 2 resonator installed yesterday morning. i have no muffles and the resonator went in right behind the cat! First start up.....very low rumble...instead of the flowmaster high pitch gargle. rev: deep,loud, with some rasp which sounds good to me. i would NEVER go with flowmaster again! the differernce between the lm1 and the lm2 is that the lm2 has material packed inside and the lm1 is straight through with nothing inside. Both resonators are straight through design. i love it! still have to break it in...
Old 06-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #19
TECH Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Nick_Nasty's_GXP

I was thinking bout deleting the res on my magnaflow exhaust, but I was wondering (for those who have the res delete), does it sound like or does it sound decent??

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP:
APPEARANCE: LS4 Badge (Doors), Custom 3rd Brake Light, Chrome DEPO Headlights, Self-Tinted Reverse Bar & Taillights, Painted Arrowhead & Grille, H/D Chin.
PERFORMANCE: Don Rome STB's, K&N Intake, Ported Intake Manifold, MagnaFlow Exhaust, PowerAid TBS, QTP Cutout, HSRK, Catch Can.
COMING SOON: Diablo Predator w/DiabLEW Tune, Window Tints, Catless DP, Shorter Dogbone, Poly MM.
Nick_Nasty's_GXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #20
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Nasty's_GXP View Post
I was thinking bout deleting the res on my magnaflow exhaust, but I was wondering (for those who have the res delete), does it sound like or does it sound decent??
i personally wouldnt do it. its not worth the time or money.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:02 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
04, 06, backfire, carlo, exhaust, headers, impala, loudmouth, ls4, monte, muffler, predator, slp, stock, tune, work, ws6