LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*

So instead of getting covers for my lights, I decided to spray tint them. I watched a couple videos online and went from there. Bought everything I needed to, and thought I should paint the engine cover as well. Here's some pics.

I had some help, did all the steps. Tinted everything, painted the cover and waited 24 hours to put everything back on.

I still need to put the cover on, I'm going to hand paint the lettering black.

I used two coats on the headlights, three coats on the tail lights, one or two on the turn signals.

If you do this, you will most def need brighter bulbs. If it wasn't for my fog lights I wouldn't have been able to see. It's really dark. I'm getting an HID kit ASAP.

I'm happy with the outcome, haven't been pulled over, YET!
Attached Thumbnails Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize.jpg   Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize-1-.jpg   Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize-2-.jpg   Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize-3-.jpg   Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize-4-.jpg  

Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-0904111506.jpg   Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize-5-.jpg   Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize-15-.jpg   Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize-6-.jpg   Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize-8-.jpg  

Old 09-06-2011, 03:07 AM
Teching In

here's the rest of the pics. enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize-9-.jpg   Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize-14-.jpg   Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize-10-.jpg   Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize-12-.jpg   Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize-11-.jpg  

Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-downsize-13-.jpg  
Old 09-07-2011, 12:36 AM
TECH Resident

The tails look good, need to do the reverse and third brake lens. Don't care much for the heads, I think they are too dark maybe one coat would have done it. Have any pics with the headlights on.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the tint heads and tails looks boss!! I like the color of this GXP as well,......
Old 09-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Teching In

thanks fellas!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks good I like the turn signals might have to steal that idea
Old 09-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Launching!

If your gonna do that, I think you should black out the chrome on the grill, as well as the border on the Pontiac Symbol...It would look good then
Old 09-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Teching In

ya idk why i didn't think of the third brake light/reverse light. whoops. I want to darken everything up except the wheels. I like them chrome

i need to pick up an inferno hood, have the ram air portion carbon fiber.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:20 AM
Teching In

got an HID kit for $30. here's a look, a little better. I might find GP headlights at a junkyard or something and get the Auto Ventshade Projektorz Headlight Covers from PFYC.com. What ya think?
Attached Thumbnails Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-lights-1.jpg   Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-0914110238.jpg   Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*-0916110534.jpg  

Quick Reply: Spray tinted head/tail/turn signals, painted engine cover. Lots of pics*