LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Inferno Hood For G/Prix

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inferno Hood For G/Prix

Seen this hood in pics a few times but actually saw one in person yesterday and thought it looks fantastic. Anyone on this forum familiar with the hood at all? What is the good, the bad and the ugly on it? I heard something pertaining to the hook shock.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2013, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

i had one when I had my 06 a couple of years ago. Best exterior mod I did, well worth the money. The hood shock kept the hood up on the side so I just went to the junk yard and took a prop rod off a junker and problem solved. Fit well with no issues. I can't upload the picture for some reason but I do have one if you want me to email it to you
Old 08-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ohyeahjay
i had one when I had my 06 a couple of years ago. Best exterior mod I did, well worth the money. The hood shock kept the hood up on the side so I just went to the junk yard and took a prop rod off a junker and problem solved. Fit well with no issues. I can't upload the picture for some reason but I do have one if you want me to email it to you
fubar569@verizon.net if you would. I wanna see it too.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohyeahjay
Thanks. Incoming PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Teching In

For those unaware, I just found out that the proper thing to do pertaining to the struts is to only use one (from a 2004 G/Prix) due to the hood being lighter than the factory piece.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Huh? Mine from the dealer has always had one hood strut on the driver side....never had one on the passenger
Old 08-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Huh? Mine from the dealer has always had one hood strut on the driver side....never had one on the passenger
PFYC says that the Inferno hood is lighter than factory and that dual struts is not recommended because of it. The say to use only 1 off the 2004 cars because they came with 2 and half the pressure is all that we require with the hood.

I guess the other model year struts since they are singles are causing the hoods to warp over time.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

if you don't care it doesn't stick up that much with the stock gxp shock I left mine on
Old 08-16-2013, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just removed the strut. The factory setup had ball joints for a second, but the inferno only had one. I used a prop bar, until someone pulled my pins out and the hood came up, then I saved the corners off and it folded back to the windshield (not recommended).
Old 08-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Teching In

I ordered an 04 strut for the hood just in case. I'll see how my factory one does first.

Any comments on water getting in? I have an open K&N Aircharger unit on the car and see what looks to be a hole on the right side above where the air the K&N would be. This is my winter car and the car I drive when it rains in the summer. Is this an issue?
Old 08-22-2013, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No issues and I had this also. Never got to run with that new filter, the one I had was WORE out.

And my "air dump" was actually a foot away from my filter.

Quick Reply: Inferno Hood For G/Prix