LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Battery was out of car for 4 days.. put in new one..limited power but no start

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Battery was out of car for 4 days.. put in new one..limited power but no start

The car has limited power brake lights back up lights dash all the interior lights work. radio cd player works, DIC keeps flashing through service TC, service ABS, service like 5 or 6 things while the car chimes. None of the buttons below the DIC work, windows or door locks dont work,, but u hear a click when you push the buttons. I read something about when the battery is out of the car for a few days or longer something needs resetting. Nothing in my factory manual?? Im completely stumped. Been banging my head on this for almost an hour. Someone has had to have the same ordeal.

Thanks to anyone!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Dammit I dont wanna tow it to the stealership.. What happened to the good old days. You replace a battery. Car has power, fires up and you drive it.. This is a BS security thing i know it.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:34 PM
Launching!

almost got it going. I forgot to screw the fuse box 4 screws (that don't come out) to the back of the four fuse acceptors. Now everything works except I have a CEL, motor turns over very quick but wont fire. I plugged in my scanner and got a P1682 code... so ??? I also get reduced engine power message on DiC. that's it..
Old 04-06-2014, 08:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

either clear the code or unhook the battery overnight
Old 04-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 91parkave
either clear the code or unhook the battery overnight

Hey. Code wont clear on my little reader. It does clear codes usually. So weird and dumb these cars electrics are... Everything works except the CEL stays on and car turns over forever and wont catch. I can unlock and lock the doors/alarm it. buttons for DIC work now.Could a fuse maybe blown. Check the net and they talk about faulty ECM or connection(BS). So in your experience disconnecting the negative overnight may reset everything? I disconnected the negative for 30 seconds and that didnt change anything... but 12 hours could?

Thanks

Shipping the HID's back tmrw. thanks for that. you saved me lots of time and money.... But damn this car. lol
Old 04-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Launching!

When you say unhook. Do you mean positive and negative or is just the negative with the ground strap is good enough?

Thanks
Old 04-06-2014, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by need4z
When you say unhook. Do you mean positive and negative or is just the negative with the ground strap is good enough?

Thanks
Yea dude unhook the neg term for atleast 30min if that dont work it should try what 91 park said overnight (12 hours)
Old 04-06-2014, 10:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 08 pimpala ss
Yea dude unhook the neg term for atleast 30min if that dont work it should try what 91 park said overnight (12 hours)
Thanks man. I already unhooked both pos and neg. I hope that doesn't affect anything.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Launching!

Well unfortunately I'm towing the GXp to my dealership where I bought my new cruze last summer. From what I have been reading , probably need the ecm reflashed with a Tech II. sigh

Quick Reply: Battery was out of car for 4 days.. put in new one..limited power but no start