LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

huge power steering leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default huge power steering leak

hello all, i have a huge power steering leak, like a hose broke, but its coming from the front of the car near the driver side radiator? does anyone know of any diagrams showing the hose locations, plz and thank you
Old 01-20-2015, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the return/ PS cooler line. The pressure side only travels at the rear of the engine.

The portion near the bottom of the screen installs along the rear of the engine , the right side portion travels along the passenger side up to the front and the top portion runs across the front of the cradle.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

While we're at it, what's that metal wire brush-looking piece under the vehicle near the center splash guard. Mine seems to hang and the "fins" got a little damaged when I ran over something in the road. I have tried to unbend what I could but there are areas on the back and side that were completely flattened.

Is it serviceable or would I have to replace whatever else it's connected to?

Old 01-20-2015, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The return line/ cooler line in my above pic is PN 1917771 it is the standard cooler line, now GXP25 has shown the Police package cooler line PN 19177770 which actually has a cooler for extreme conditions. Both come as complete assemblies.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

awesome , got it guys, got the part ordered. thanks for the help. and apparetnly mine has the police package because i have that fin cooler lol. cool little amount of info i didnt know
Old 01-20-2015, 05:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Why bother with that stock garbage cooler. I don't know how you'd call that a police package deal when all gxps have that stupid "Cooler". I cut the lines and usedan swagelock fittings to a little tube fin cooler
Old 01-20-2015, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

wasn't there a power steering recall ? Pretty sure they sent me one. Not sure if it covered the GXP though
Old 01-20-2015, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by impala06ss
wasn't there a power steering recall ? Pretty sure they sent me one. Not sure if it covered the GXP though
Yea there was , i had the repair done on my MC. While they removed my subframe they cracked it and i got a whole new one.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GXP25
While we're at it, what's that metal wire brush-looking piece under the vehicle near the center splash guard. Mine seems to hang and the "fins" got a little damaged when I ran over something in the road. I have tried to unbend what I could but there are areas on the back and side that were completely flattened.

Is it serviceable or would I have to replace whatever else it's connected to?
The purpose of the fins is to increase Surface area. Just because they are a little bent does not mean the surface area has changed. It would be different if they where all mashed flat but that looks fine to me.

Quick Reply: huge power steering leak