LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Decisions decisions....

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Decisions decisions....

Decided it's time to retire my Trailblazer and have been looking at some LS4 cars. Found these two, and can't decide. The black one has more miles but is less money. The white one has less miles but more money. I feel like both are fair prices.

http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/4910610883.html

or

http://www.kirksvillemotorco.com/Veh...-MO/2446562673

Without physically seeing them they both seem fairly clean. My only concern is the white one looks like the *** end is sagging a little? Or is that just me?

Thanks guys, hoping to be a regular here soon
Old 03-17-2015, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems like they are about right with the current pricing but you could talk them down a bit. I would try the private owner and see if he wants to play ball. Maybe you could get a good deal if he wants to move it quick.

The black one does appear to sit a little lower or it could be that the tire is blending in with the shadow and black paint. Once you get a good look of them in person maybe you will be able to tell a little better.

And Welcome

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 03-17-2015 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
seems like they are about right with the current pricing but you could talk them down a bit. I would try the private owner and see if he wants to play ball. Maybe you could get a good deal if he wants to move it quick.

The black one does appear to sit a little lower or it could be that the tire is blending in with the shadow and black paint. Once you get a good look of them in person maybe you will be able to tell a little better.

And Welcome

Thanks for the input. I am gonna work on the black one first, not real wild about the intake and exhaust add ons but take the good with the bad I suppose. I am excited to finally get one of these but don't want to rush into it and end up with buyers remorse.

the white one was the one I was referring to with the sag in the rear. Wasn't sure if that was normal or maybe a bit low.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LSX Freak
Thanks for the input. I am gonna work on the black one first, not real wild about the intake and exhaust add ons but take the good with the bad I suppose. I am excited to finally get one of these but don't want to rush into it and end up with buyers remorse.

the white one was the one I was referring to with the sag in the rear. Wasn't sure if that was normal or maybe a bit low.

at least both of those mods are easily reversible if that is the route you choose to go. Yeah take your time I think the private party is the one to look at first I think you will end up getting a better deal on that one.

Oh oops I must have got them mixed up. I don't think it looks bad could just be the picture too.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

I had planned on doing a CAI and resonator and cat delete to whatever car I decide to go with. The mufflers may put a damper on that though. I live in a pretty quiet neighborhood and work all hours of the day and night so I don't really wanna wake everyone up every time I go to work. We shall see. Never know, he may have hung onto the stock mufflers too.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

Keep the resonator, delete the cat. Without the resonator, it'll get raspy (especially in DoD mode). Also, if you're deleting the cat, get in touch with LS1Racing on here. He had great luck with a DiabLew tune post-cat and his fuel economy went through the roof (he kept DoD because of how many miles his LS4 is driven). Can't go wrong either way, just make sure to baby the trans.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

If it were me and there were no major problems with either car like transmission problems, I would probably go with the black one. My gxp has 152000 miles on it and I got it with 140000 and it runs great except for the trans is acting up... Just did a muffler delete 2 days ago and it is quite loud. The magnaflow might be perfect for you since you don't want to be too loud. It is usually a couple tones lower than stock and a bit louder under throttle. If it still isn't enough you could do a resonator and/or cat delete and it still shouldn't be too loud. I would test drive both just to be sure and if you feel the price for the lower mile one is worth it then go for it
Old 03-18-2015, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

I had planned on doing a CAI and resonator and cat delete to whatever car I decide to go with. The mufflers may put a damper on that though. I live in a pretty quiet neighborhood and work all hours of the day and night so I don't really wanna wake everyone up every time I go to work. We shall see. Never know, he may have hung onto the stock mufflers too.
He probably has the magnaflow catback exhaust and not just mufflers. It is like a $800 system.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 05GXPjake
Keep the resonator, delete the cat. Without the resonator, it'll get raspy (especially in DoD mode). Also, if you're deleting the cat, get in touch with LS1Racing on here. He had great luck with a DiabLew tune post-cat and his fuel economy went through the roof (he kept DoD because of how many miles his LS4 is driven). Can't go wrong either way, just make sure to baby the trans.
My main thought process behind the cat and resonator delete were more flow. I have a friend who did this to his G8 and it seemed to wake the car up quite a bit but he deleted his mufflers at the same time and I just can't do that to it with my current work and neighborhood situation. I figured CAI, cat and resonator delete, and a DOD delete and I'd call it good for a while. I don't wanna get too outta hand with it since it's going to be my DD.
Originally Posted by CrimsonGXP
If it were me and there were no major problems with either car like transmission problems, I would probably go with the black one. My gxp has 152000 miles on it and I got it with 140000 and it runs great except for the trans is acting up... Just did a muffler delete 2 days ago and it is quite loud. The magnaflow might be perfect for you since you don't want to be too loud. It is usually a couple tones lower than stock and a bit louder under throttle. If it still isn't enough you could do a resonator and/or cat delete and it still shouldn't be too loud. I would test drive both just to be sure and if you feel the price for the lower mile one is worth it then go for it
Good info here. Thanks! I had planned on driving both unless I can get the black one for a price I can't pass up.
He probably has the magnaflow catback exhaust and not just mufflers. It is like a $800 system.
Not sure, I meant to ask him and forgot. I will definitely check into that.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

at least both of those mods are easily reversible if that is the route you choose to go. Yeah take your time I think the private party is the one to look at first I think you will end up getting a better deal on that one.

Oh oops I must have got them mixed up. I don't think it looks bad could just be the picture too.
I just got to looking at your sig and realized I was subscribed to you YT channel before I found it in your sig haha
Old 03-18-2015, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got to looking at your sig and realized I was subscribed to you YT channel before I found it in your sig haha
haha nice.

Also if you plan on doing a cat and res delete keep the magnaflow mufflers. I had that setup once before and it was still pretty mellow. It had a rasp up over 4k but tolerable.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

haha nice.

Also if you plan on doing a cat and res delete keep the magnaflow mufflers. I had that setup once before and it was still pretty mellow. It had a rasp up over 4k but tolerable.
If I go with the black one I will definitely try them for a while and see how I feel about them. Thanks for the advice!
Old 03-18-2015, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If I go with the black one I will definitely try them for a while and see how I feel about them. Thanks for the advice!
no problem here was mine with that setup.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

no problem here was mine with that setup.

2007 Monte Carlo SS with Hogan downpipe. Revs. - YouTube
Sounds really nice. Ive heard your other vids on youtube and you car is super nice!
Old 03-19-2015, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Well, guy with the black one went cold. I have a ball tournament this weekend, so I won't be able to go look at the white one until Monday. Hopefully it's still there!
Old 03-19-2015, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Well, guy with the black one went cold. I have a ball tournament this weekend, so I won't be able to go look at the white one until Monday. Hopefully it's still there!
Thats a bummer... On the bright side the white one has less miles and from what it looks like, its bone stock so you will be able to start from scratch and do to the car what you want.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds really nice. Ive heard your other vids on youtube and you car is super nice!
thanks man. That was my old setup I went with headers and a cutout shortly after that.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Thats a bummer... On the bright side the white one has less miles and from what it looks like, its bone stock so you will be able to start from scratch and do to the car what you want.
That's a big upside for me. I like knowing what I'm dealing with. Not that the car was heavily modded but it was things I wanted nothing to do with I'm sure. Made the mistake of buying a heavily modified car a couple years ago and got so frustrated with it I parted it out for a huge loss just to be done with it lol. Just don't wanna run into that nightmare again
Old 03-20-2015, 09:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That's a big upside for me. I like knowing what I'm dealing with. Not that the car was heavily modded but it was things I wanted nothing to do with I'm sure. Made the mistake of buying a heavily modified car a couple years ago and got so frustrated with it I parted it out for a huge loss just to be done with it lol. Just don't wanna run into that nightmare again
Those really aren't mods you have to worry about messing the car up or anything like that. There the most mildest mods you can make to be honest. You will want to have a tune done ASAP On these cars if you want it to last anyway.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Those really aren't mods you have to worry about messing the car up or anything like that. There the most mildest mods you can make to be honest. You will want to have a tune done ASAP On these cars if you want it to last anyway.
It's just an OCD thing I guess. It's piddly stuff. I guess I shouldn't be so picky. My first and foremost mod was going to be a DOD delete.

Will a shift kit help or hurt transmission longevity? Considered that too if it'll help.

Quick Reply: Decisions decisions....