LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

BMR trailing arms

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Yea, it doesn't take away from any structure. I just made the cut and hit it with hammer till that section folded out the way.

The sway bar does not seem to be correct for a wbody. Be careful Summit has massive catalog errors as well.

This place is even cheaper than Summit, confirms it fits 2000 thru 2012 Impala so I would think it should work? Never heard of them though.

http://www.neverenoughauto.com/i-192...lizer-kit.html
Old 08-15-2015, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if u do front sway bar u got to get different a-arms so links will attach right,out links go to strut as the front addco goes to a-arms,they got the a-arms at bmr pimpala08 i think did that mod
Old 08-15-2015, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, already posted I will be getting the correct Moog control arms. The ZZP arms that others have used are too much money for me, and salt would **** them up if driven in bad weather.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 91parkave
I went through the trouble cause I don't like non tension adjusting strut tower braces. This ****** is thick to and probably complete overkill. But that's how I built my suspension.

To the right you can see where I had to slightly enlarge the flange to fit around and clear the lip area.

You'll see the 2 lines here that needed to be cut back to clear the bracket area for the BMR stb to clear. After all that your all set. Took me about 30 minutes to figure it out and test fit and execute.

Can you let me know the part number that you ordered for the rear bar. The bar on the BMR site doesnt look the same.This bar looks to have a strut nut hole on the inside of the bracket, yours looks outside?I am contemplating between this , a used SLP rear bar that would probably need the same mods or the factory with Don Rome. Thanks

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...&productid=218
Old 08-17-2015, 11:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rottonj
Can you let me know the part number that you ordered for the rear bar. The bar on the BMR site doesnt look the same.This bar looks to have a strut nut hole on the inside of the bracket, yours looks outside?I am contemplating between this , a used SLP rear bar that would probably need the same mods or the factory with Don Rome. Thanks

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...&productid=218
yes sir that's the correct bar I have
Old 08-18-2015, 06:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

So just the BMR picture is wrong? that picture isn't the same as the one you have, the bolt holes for the strut towers are different? Do you see what I am referring to by comparing your picture with that picture? Thanks
Old 08-18-2015, 11:57 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rottonj
So just the BMR picture is wrong? that picture isn't the same as the one you have, the bolt holes for the strut towers are different? Do you see what I am referring to by comparing your picture with that picture? Thanks
Nah the picture is the same I just snapped another pic hopefully you see it better. FYI to my knowledge I don't think SLP ever made a strut tower brace for wbodies.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got it. Thank you for this. I don't know, the guy says they are SLP braces. He is local to me so I may have a look at them. They are black, and adjustable.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dragging up this older thread as I am contemplating this as a winter project as the GXP is off the road for the winter. Hey Parkave do you think something like this could be fabricated using parts thrown together from different sources? I would rather not cut the seat support unless needed. I was thinking just trying to piece something together and weld some brackets to the rear tower.
This looks beefy!

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedw...Kit,59078.html

Then some brackets, these bolt on but could be welded for sure. These are just an idea , not sure if the size or fitment is correct yet.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/bolt-o...e-bracket.html

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: BMR trailing arms