LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

let the nickle and dimes dispense!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default let the nickle and dimes dispense!

Get in the car tonight, navigation isnt working, first the loud buzzing behind the head unit, navi is saying please insert disc. I hit the button to bring the face down, and it wont retract -_-. Restarted the car finally got the nav to come back up, and none of the nav buttons would respond. Radio worked fine, just the navigation. Been having issues with it for a month where when you go eject the cd the face plate would come down half way and then go back. Anyone have any issues with this before?
Old 11-20-2015, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would've loved to have had that option
Old 11-20-2015, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

found one on eBay 400 I'm gonna ck with my buddy at salvage yard but the one on eBay has no disc where would u get them?the dealer?
Old 11-20-2015, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://gmnavdisc.navigation.com/home/en_US/GMNA/USD
Old 11-21-2015, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by superglide9375
found one on eBay 400 I'm gonna ck with my buddy at salvage yard but the one on eBay has no disc where would u get them?the dealer?
While nice when new these are too old of technology to even consider unless a total factory look is a must. They don't even have Bluetooth. An inexpensive aftermarket double din would give far more features for half the cost in my opinion.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rottonj
While nice when new these are too old of technology to even consider unless a total factory look is a must. They don't even have Bluetooth. An inexpensive aftermarket double din would give far more features for half the cost in my opinion.
I agree, and the navigation system blows, just my situation is A) i dont want to spend the money to convert to an aftermarket navi setup B) dont want to pay to replace this one C) really would rather keep the stock integrated nav hud and voice command, even though that as a selling feature is probably mute at this point. lol
Old 11-21-2015, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

It should be able to be repaired . I would hit up some Corvette forums and do some searches as these things you are seeing most likely have happened before. Maybe there is a work around, or maybe some info where to send the unit. Nav on the HUD is this units best feature , something my aftermarket radio will not do .Love the HUD lol. Its defiantly worth fixing, if the cost is reasonable.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Your aware that pretty much all the aftermarket head units have navigation, up to date with Google maps, or can utilize your phone with screen mirroring. Usb , sd cards, So many options so many features.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:45 AM

Old 11-21-2015, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Your aware that pretty much all the aftermarket head units have navigation, up to date with Google maps, or can utilize your phone with screen mirroring. Usb , sd cards, So many options so many features.
Well, not really. Nav is an option on the aftermarket head units, and it really pushes the price up on the better models. Screen mirroring is a work around from your phone, and while it does work it is definitely not the same as a unit with Nav. A cheap double din can be had with every feature, but really you get what you pay for. Unless you do a ton of research or have options to try out the cheaper models in my opinion its better to stick with a brand name unit and pay more.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:35 PM

I have a pioneer unit that has a app for my phone. Cost me 380. I installed myself. But the app brings the news current events and things to do along with navigation. Or you can opt for the modules for a hard wired gps to plug in. Plays my music displays my text messages. And I can watch movies if I choose. Plus Bluetooth. I mean I don't see why the resistance to the aftermarket compared to the almost 10 yrs old head units you guys are wantin to utilize
Old 11-21-2015, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

My Kenwood has Nav and a ton of options, and also the phone app. You are right, the new units are packed with features and are a better option but I wouldn't rule out fixing the factory to save some money. I still havn't figured how to receive texts on mine, it is supposed to be able to but really isnt that important to me.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i see u guys point with 179 for the disc its getting up there,so when i switch ill be going with one of the aftermarket with nav
Old 11-27-2015, 08:05 PM
Teching In

91parkave,
So does your app also let you use your phone's nav? If so this will work for me. I'd rather have a Kenwood or Sony but Pioneer has been around too.
Thanks.
Mike
Old 11-28-2015, 12:10 AM

Sure does. Imo any one of the headnunits that allows hdmi input or screen mirroring is a good buy.

Quick Reply: let the nickle and dimes dispense!