LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

ProSport 60mm Premium EVO Wideband Digital AFR Gauge Install Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ProSport 60mm Premium EVO Wideband Digital AFR Gauge Install Thread

So I finally decided, its time for a permanent wideband install. Got tired of having to get under the car and hook up my handheld everytime I had to go back and make a tuning adjustment. I wanted something clean that fit into one of the vent pods, not to mention I wanted it to match the rest of the gauges. I finally settled on the prosport EVO digital wideband kit. Not only because of the gauge setup, but because it utilizes an LSU 4.9 sensor this time around, instead of the old LSU 4.2 sensor that innovate is still selling as "state of the art". It's faster, and more accurate then the old 4.2 which is what im all about. Great thing about this is that its COMPACT! the controller is litterally like 1" x 2" and can fit anywhere behind the dash. Going to be documenting the setup briefly with a few pics for everyone, this is a pain free install and very easy to do.

Here's a small blurb about why the LSU 4.9 is superior.

http://www.ecotrons.com/technology/b...su_42_sensors/

heres a video of the operation, it does display in red too!

Very easy to install, you pull the side panel and remove the screws that hold the vent pod assembly onto the dash, you can drop the lower ever so slightly and the whole thing will slide out. The actual vents are held in an assembly that is clipped in, unclip it, and remove the top vent. Use the bracket to mount the gauge securely in the plastic dash piece, some modification may be needed to make it mount well against the back of the plastic. Then carefully slide the vent holder back over the gauge and into the clips and snap it in. Drill a small hole large enough to get the harness through in the air duct, and run the wires through.

more to come...
Old 06-30-2016, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that looks clean...what's it for lol
Old 06-30-2016, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Koren
Damn that looks clean...what's it for lol
wideband air fuel ratio gauge, helps me with my tuning situation. Plus i want to constantly monitor AFR.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Hmm I see... I see...you still working on your ls2 install I'm assuming?
Old 06-30-2016, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Koren
Hmm I see... I see...you still working on your ls2 install I'm assuming?
LS2 setup is installed and running, working on putting a dynomax header back system and I have a vmax CNC ported LS3 throttle body on the way.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:50 PM
Launching!

That throttle body you running now? You still using the ls7 maf right?
Old 06-30-2016, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS7 maf, LS3 throttle body

Old 07-01-2016, 07:41 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine sits in the cubby. Since this is my daily I do not want my afr in my line of sight 24/7 but when I need to see it during wot and such it's still visible

Old 07-01-2016, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by spawne32
So I finally decided, its time for a permanent wideband install. Got tired of having to get under the car and hook up my handheld everytime I had to go back and make a tuning adjustment. I wanted something clean that fit into one of the vent pods, not to mention I wanted it to match the rest of the gauges. I finally settled on the prosport EVO digital wideband kit. Not only because of the gauge setup, but because it utilizes an LSU 4.9 sensor this time around, instead of the old LSU 4.2 sensor that innovate is still selling as "state of the art". It's faster, and more accurate then the old 4.2 which is what im all about. Great thing about this is that its COMPACT! the controller is litterally like 1" x 2" and can fit anywhere behind the dash. Going to be documenting the setup briefly with a few pics for everyone, this is a pain free install and very easy to do.

Here's a small blurb about why the LSU 4.9 is superior.

http://www.ecotrons.com/technology/b...su_42_sensors/

heres a video of the operation, it does display in red too!

Prosport AFR Wideband Air Fuel Ratio kit gauge 60mm Evo Series LCD Display 4 Colors Peak & Warning - YouTube

Very easy to install, you pull the side panel and remove the screws that hold the vent pod assembly onto the dash, you can drop the lower ever so slightly and the whole thing will slide out. The actual vents are held in an assembly that is clipped in, unclip it, and remove the top vent. Use the bracket to mount the gauge securely in the plastic dash piece, some modification may be needed to make it mount well against the back of the plastic. Then carefully slide the vent holder back over the gauge and into the clips and snap it in. Drill a small hole large enough to get the harness through in the air duct, and run the wires through.

more to come...
Nice and clean , as always. Good job. Get going on that exhaust now.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Mine sits in the cubby. Since this is my daily I do not want my afr in my line of sight 24/7 but when I need to see it during wot and such it's still visible

That steering wheel looks comfortable. I assume its a cover. Do you like it and who makes it?
Old 07-01-2016, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Right where I put mine. I have my module tucked underneath my carpet in the middle under the dash and have the wires running through the grommet on the passenger side.

Last edited by lVloses; 07-01-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol exactly how I was going to route mine, Love the PLX multigage too btw, I just insisted on color matching gauges. lol
Old 07-01-2016, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

I hear you on matching stuff. I put my gauge in to half of the ball though so I can swivel it around and it works quite nice. I meant to do a write-up on it and have some pictures of it but never got around to it lol.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

ah yeh, never thought to do that, thats awesome for sure. Mine is a 60mm gauge so fitting it in the ball wouldnt work I dont think. PLX i think is a 58 which is like damn near a perfect fit if i recall.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:53 PM
Launching!

I wonder how I can do this for my Monte...lol. I want gadget thingies in my car too !
Old 07-03-2016, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Since this is mounted in a heating/cooling duct could running the heat on high setting or a/c on cold affect the readings in any way or cause any damage to the unit itself?
Old 07-04-2016, 08:43 AM
TECH Regular

Had mine like that for almost 2 years without a problem. The gauge is the only thing mounted in the vent. The actual module sits under the carpet in my car.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lVloses
Had mine like that for almost 2 years without a problem. The gauge is the only thing mounted in the vent. The actual module sits under the carpet in my car.
Good to know. Thanks

Quick Reply: ProSport 60mm Premium EVO Wideband Digital AFR Gauge Install Thread