LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Questions

Ok, heres some background. I have a 1995 Trans Am with 13600 miles it has a ram air hood and air box. I plan on lowering it with strano springs and using KYB shocks. I have a set of black TTMs for it too. I want to do alot of suspension work to it like LCAs TA Panhard rod etc. I know I will need lca relocation brackets but is there anything else i will need> What is the best stuff to use? This is in no way a race car its a cruiser.
On the performance side I am looking into a ORY for the stock manifolds and a QTP cutout. ALso a throttle body. My question here is who makes a ORY and what size throttle body should I use? If you see any mods you think I should do post them up. I am gearing away from headers and any internal engine work because of the miles Thanks in advance
Old 11-15-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 95_transam_lt1
Ok, heres some background. I have a 1995 Trans Am with 13600 miles it has a ram air hood and air box. I plan on lowering it with strano springs and using KYB shocks. I have a set of black TTMs for it too. I want to do alot of suspension work to it like LCAs TA Panhard rod etc. I know I will need lca relocation brackets but is there anything else i will need> What is the best stuff to use? This is in no way a race car its a cruiser.
On the performance side I am looking into a ORY for the stock manifolds and a QTP cutout. ALso a throttle body. My question here is who makes a ORY and what size throttle body should I use? If you see any mods you think I should do post them up. I am gearing away from headers and any internal engine work because of the miles Thanks in advance
Drop the throttlebody, no reason for a near stock camaro to have an aftermarket one. No idea on the ORY, normally when people get ORY they have headers, which are indeed the main restriction.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you're definately going in the right direction. You don't need cats right? I say remove the cat and put the cutout in its place. Also don't waste the $ on a aftermarket TB, but if you feel inclined, you will need a 52mm.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Launching!

i was thinking cut out and I have every stock part for it so i want to have one thats aftermarket
Old 11-15-2008, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Yea like said no need for the TB. I wouldn't stear away from internal work or headers just because the mileage is low, I put LT's on mine when it had 9,000 miles and I slapped a cam in there at 10,000 and heads and another cam at 15,000 and could not be happier. I am not aware of an ORY for stock manifolds, I say you pick up some LT's with an ORY and not only the power gains but the sound difference will make you very satisfied.

For suspension you are very well on track, I have the Stranos and love them. I would suggest UMI performance for all your suspension components, their products are amazing quality, they work awesome and their service is great.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Launching!

my only thing is am i hurting value? I do have every single stock part off the car like the hood, catback, airbox etc this is my only dilema
Old 11-16-2008, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had my y-pipe custom made. It is 2.5" right off the manifolds. I don't know if anyone makes them or not but it is an improvement in breathing. My manifolds and y-pipe will probably be for sale next spring.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

my only thing is am i hurting value? I do have every single stock part off the car like the hood, catback, airbox etc this is my only dilema
I see what you mean but if you mod the car tastefully I wouldn't worry about it. Some people will even pay more for a modded car but yes some will not. I actually sold my '95 3 years after I bought it for more than I paid for it and it basically had full boltons. I would just keep all the stock parts and if need be one day convert it back to stock. I never plan to sell my car so its value means nothing to me but I have all the stock parts ready to go back on if I had to for some reason.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Launching!

3D- If you are serious shoot me some pics i am interested.
Stealth- I dont plan on selling this either, Its been in my family since new. Ive been offered 20k for it and turned it down. Kind of stupid of me but what ever. Ill look into headers. The other thing is do the fender wells have to come out? The car came undercoated and the wheel wells are stuck on
Old 11-16-2008, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

3D- If you are serious shoot me some pics i am interested.
Stealth- I dont plan on selling this either, Its been in my family since new. Ive been offered 20k for it and turned it down. Kind of stupid of me but what ever. Ill look into headers. The other thing is do the fender wells have to come out? The car came undercoated and the wheel wells are stuck on
Nope they don't need to come out. In the long run you will probaly be happy you turned that person down.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Launching!

thats good ill look into a set of lts see what i come up with