LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New opti Already?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New opti Already?

Well my fears are back, I don't know weather to be mad at the jegs opti or the guy i had install it. It was only 8 months or so old, well can anyone give me that website to the cheap gm direct replacement ones. I work all weekend but am off monday thru friday. I've never dont an opti change, but i'll have 5whole days to do it. Can anyone give me exact instructions on how to do it. I don't wanna have to take somewhere again labor is outrageous on those things. Anybody think if i bitch at jegs i can get my money back
Old 03-27-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kmaroman
Well my fears are back, I don't know weather to be mad at the jegs opti or the guy i had install it. It was only 8 months or so old, well can anyone give me that website to the cheap gm direct replacement ones. I work all weekend but am off monday thru friday. I've never dont an opti change, but i'll have 5whole days to do it. Can anyone give me exact instructions on how to do it. I don't wanna have to take somewhere again labor is outrageous on those things. Anybody think if i bitch at jegs i can get my money back
Jegs won't give you your money back for a used 8-month old optispark.

Do a search on eBay for "thepartsladi" for OEM optis.

Changing the optispark is not difficult at all. It's a matter of draining the coolant, removing the fans, removing the intake ducting, remove the water pump, pull off the pulley, then the optispark. I suggest you pick up a Haynes/Chilton's manual for easy R&R.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey i know im talking to you already about my opti, but dont evver go with anything other than delco, delphi or anyhting that has a mitsubishi pickup....like accel and msd are junk...they will give out on you...anything accel is actually junk
Old 03-28-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i ******* learned the hard god dam those jegs distributers, I'm just afraid after ireplace it with this one it'll be something else you know?
Old 03-28-2009, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well thats how cars work lol....you replace something and something else goes wrong..lol
Old 03-28-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The factory AC Delco optisparks use Mitsubishi optical pickups.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:13 AM
12 Second Club

I had the MSD for about 7 months until it dropped on me. I just got a remanned GM opti and had it for 9 now with no issues.......cross your fingers
Old 03-31-2009, 01:12 AM
On The Tree

an accel was put on my formula after it went bad. How long do they last before going bad.

Originally Posted by jarretthise
hey i know im talking to you already about my opti, but dont evver go with anything other than delco, delphi or anyhting that has a mitsubishi pickup....like accel and msd are junk...they will give out on you...anything accel is actually junk
Old 03-31-2009, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kmaroman
I work all weekend but am off monday thru friday. I've never dont an opti change
You helped me take mine off you should be able to do it easy.

Quick Reply: New opti Already?