LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Does anyone know of any good shops in.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know of any good shops in.

Does anyone know of any good shops in or around the rochester or canadaguia area of new york. Im sick of my car sitting in the garage. I would like to find a local shop and pay them to have my car turned back to street legal. Thank you for your help.

Micah
Old 05-07-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 96SCTA
Does anyone know of any good shops in or around the rochester or canadaguia area of new york. Im sick of my car sitting in the garage. I would like to find a local shop and pay them to have my car turned back to street legal. Thank you for your help.

Micah
Try your regional section...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-members-56/
Old 05-07-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
ty sir. i forgot about that section. i have not been on this site in a long *** time..
Old 05-07-2009, 11:23 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Micah, what work do you need done? I do everything LT1 related

Jason
Old 05-08-2009, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well thats the problem. Im not 100pct sure of everything i need done . I need my car to pass inspection. I have not even botherd trying to take it to any inspection places because i know its far from passing. I will list what i know is wrong and maybe u can give me some advice jason

No cats
No emmisions crap(the stuff that came stock on the car on top the motor) i tore it all out long long ago)
Stock computer has about 60 wires cut and spliced into my 2nd aftermarket computer that runs the beast. So every error code is thrown and light is on
No muffler only a turbo for an exhaust ( i think this is legal but not sure)
And last but not least i think i roasted another optispark last weekend while doing launches in my drive way lol

My days of free inspection stickers ended 3 years ago, and the car has sat since then
Old 05-10-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Isnt their a performance shop in rochester/henretta?
Old 05-10-2009, 09:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

New Era is in Rochester. With your car being a '96 it is OBDII it WILL get plugged into the NYS DMV computer during the inspection process. If it throws some error codes for readiness states (emissions) you are basically fucked. They only way to get it to pass, would be to go into the computer with a reflash and set all of the parameters to not throw a code. I am not sure if New Era has LT1edit software for OBDII vehicles. I am pretty sure that you can buy them but they are vin specific when it comes to '96 and up. It is also highly illegal to do something like this. "For off-road use only!" You will have to distract the inspection place when it comes time for the visual though, lol.

Another option would be to buy a roached out '93-'95 shell with a good vin. Swap vins and then you can get they old lick-and-stick to pass inspection. That's why when I went out to buy my cars I specifically went for OBDI cars.

You will also not be able to re-register your car if it has plates on it. When your registration is up and you try to re-register it, the DMV computer will check to see if your car has had a valid inspection within the past 18 months. If it hasn't you will not be able to get it re-registered. You also cannot turn the plates in, and then go ahead and register it again as the same registrant.

Welcome to the police state we call NY.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:01 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Joel basically summed it up. 96-97 LT1 cars are tough here in NY. All my stuff is 94-95 so that it's MUCH easier to get it through inspection. I'd probably just buy a 93-95 roller and swap your stuff over onto it. Plugging your car into the state computer would be brutal.

New Era Performance is in Rochester, but they don't do work on LT1's.....unless I come in and do it.

Micah, drop me a PM if you would like to talk more about it.

Jason

Quick Reply: Does anyone know of any good shops in.