LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

noob exhaust quiestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noob exhaust quiestions

i recently bought pacesetter long tube quick trips for my 94 formula and im trying to figure out the easiest way to finish off the rest of the exhaust. im in iraq right now and i cant really see the car to figure out how to do it. i would like a true dual set up but i dont know of many two in two out mufflers. im also wondering what size pipes i should get on the car due to clearance.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2.5" through an X pipe either dumped before the axles with bullets or out the back with a much more intricate set up magnaflow i believe makes a 2 in 2 out 2.5" muffler there are afew people here with similar set ups

http://www.lt1engine.com/?level=album&id=7

you could browse through there to get some good ideas.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey:

Here is a pic from another post, when do you return from the sand box?
I just got back from the other place and may be going back to Iraq just waiting on the contract to see what is on the agenda. I used the Ft Bragg hobby shop to put mine in. I went with LPPs, they installed with very few issues, but I changed motor mounts as my car had 227,000 miles on it back then . They were shot. So if you got any miles on do that as well.

Dub

When In Doubt Do Without
Attached Thumbnails noob exhaust quiestions-001-4.jpg  
Old 05-22-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you are asking this question then 2.5" will more than likely flow plenty for your set-up.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by spikester7878
i recently bought pacesetter long tube quick trips for my 94 formula and im trying to figure out the easiest way to finish off the rest of the exhaust. im in iraq right now and i cant really see the car to figure out how to do it. i would like a true dual set up but i dont know of many two in two out mufflers. im also wondering what size pipes i should get on the car due to clearance.
I ran two stright pipes into 2 dynomax bullets but I didnt run the exhust over the rear axels. Sounds great though and I ran 2 1/2 inch pipes into the mufflers followed by 2inch turn downs to add some back pressure.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1993 z28 f1
Hey:

Here is a pic from another post, when do you return from the sand box?
I just got back from the other place and may be going back to Iraq just waiting on the contract to see what is on the agenda. I used the Ft Bragg hobby shop to put mine in. I went with LPPs, they installed with very few issues, but I changed motor mounts as my car had 227,000 miles on it back then . They were shot. So if you got any miles on do that as well.

Dub

When In Doubt Do Without

I will be back in a few more months.I was thinking about useing the hobby shop as well when I get back to Bragg

Quick Reply: noob exhaust quiestions