LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Some Cleaning Up

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Cleaning Up

I hate to start a thread with no pics, but I can supply a couple before shots.

First off I sold my Moroso CAI and Aluminum Elbow in favor for a custom front mount filter (which I will have pics of soon) and since I had to pull the splash shield on the drivers side to get the old filter out I decided I am going to do the "Fuel Line Mod" and mabye the "Wire Tuck" since I have everything apart for the LS1 brakes that are slowly making their way on. I also have 4300K HIDs to get installed (ebay kit I picked up for cheap) that will be going in the stock headlight housings. I also ordered gloss black 3D inserts for the CAMARO lettering on the berger panel (which is now flat black)

I think that I may do away with the EVAP stuff since I don't have any emmisions anyway, but I have a few questions about the little black box on the passengers side of the intake and the wires that clip into it. Can I remove that too and just plug the hole in the TB? I plan on loosing alot of the wires that were orginally in the engine compartment since my car is missing most of the factory components LOL. But can I remove the thing on the intake with no ill effects?

But anyway heres the before shots, and I will hopefully be taking some progress shots if I can ever remember the damn camera

Before Berger

Moroso CAI & Mostly Stock (and dirty) Engine Compartment

Stay Tuned For More Updates
Old 06-04-2009, 02:26 AM

looks nice cant wait to see final shots
Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

Also forgot to mention that I modified the stock alternator bracket and mounted the alternator in the A/C compressor location and kept the power steering. Cost me $40 total, $13 for an idler pulley and $27 for a gatorback belt. I'll be sure to take some pics of that too. And this winter when the car goes back into storage (mabye sooner I don't know how ambishious I'll be) I'm doing to delete the engine side air box , but still keep the heat side. All of my interior is out right now and I need to replace my heater core, so I just might do the heater box delete too and mabye mount the PCM inside the car
Old 06-04-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Ordered my silicone couplers that I'll need for the new CAI...

1-4" to 3.5" reducer (intake tube to TB) in red because I couldn't find a black one anywhere
2-3.5" to 3.5" for the MAF to intake tube

I need to find a cheap set of valve covers to replace my stockers, but that can wait a little while and I'm thinking about getting some FRCs to help hide alot of the wiring, but I have plans for a victor jr, so I'd kinda be wasting my money.

But can anyone chime in on the EVAP vacum line that goes to the black box and then into the TB and has the red/blue wire clip? I want to know if I can remove that without throwing an SES light
Old 06-04-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Its called the EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Valve and the opti connector sits right next to it
Old 06-04-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
Its called the EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Valve and the opti connector sits right next to it
I think you will throw a code for deleting the EVAP. You can either tune it out or I think you can wire in a resistor to get rid of the code.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I think you will throw a code for deleting the EVAP. You can either tune it out or I think you can wire in a resistor to get rid of the code.
hmmm I just sent my computer back for a retune last year and I can't remember if he did away with the EVAP codes, but a buddy of mine has LT1edit, can you remove the codes with that?
Old 06-06-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Well I got some more parts yesturday.....

Passengers side caliper and bracket
4x7x7" K&N filter
60* 3.5" pipe

I may get started tomorrow, but I need to do some work on my DD tahoe, so it may have to wait until later this week

Quick Reply: Some Cleaning Up