LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Wheel decision. Pics of My Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wheel decision. Pics of My Trans Am

I'm trying to decide which wheel setup looks best and would be more attractive to potential buyers(since its for sale). I have the 15" prostars on the car and I have a chance to get a good deal on a Z06 17/18 setup. I don't have any pics of it wih the Z06s but I do have the 17" ws6 wheels. Whats the general thoughts on the two looks.

Also while we are at it I'm pretty sure I'm going to change the converter to sell the car. It has a Yank 4800 non lockup in it right now. Its scaring off all the little girls that say its too much..lol I have a 2800 Vig that I can throw in it. Problem I have is that the car will def. slow down. I think the 4800 is too big for the new motor but the 2800 is too small. It would do best with a 3500ish converter in it. Since the vigs. flash higher than rated it should flash to 3200 or so. Sure wish I had a 3200 to put in it. Anyway, thats just rambling. People can weight in on this too if you want.

So which looks best? The racer in me likes the prostars..lol.

Last edited by 95 Formula; 07-25-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the bottem pix, cause it look stock, since buyer will alway want to buy a stock car. the first pix where you have looking drag tire, look like you been beat the hell out the car. that my 2 cent.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I prefer the WS6 ones. i was never a fan of drag wheels on fbodies.

why does almost every fbody i see have paint missing from the front part of the inner wheel wells? mine has paint there but most i see don't. is this due to people rubbing? i've never ran anything larger/wider than a 275/40/17 on a 9.5 wheel on the rear so maybe thats why mine is still clean
Old 07-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Launching!

both looks good
Old 07-25-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by killagt
I like the bottem pix, cause it look stock, since buyer will alway want to buy a stock car. the first pix where you have looking drag tire, look like you been beat the hell out the car. that my 2 cent.
^ I agree... Drag wheels give the impression the car has been beat on. I think the stock wheels look good and will help with the sale!

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
I prefer the WS6 ones. i was never a fan of drag wheels on fbodies.

why does almost every fbody i see have paint missing from the front part of the inner wheel wells? mine has paint there but most i see don't. is this due to people rubbing? i've never ran anything larger/wider than a 275/40/17 on a 9.5 wheel on the rear so maybe thats why mine is still clean
What you are seeing at the front of the inner back wheel well is the factory undercoating that has greyed out over the years. They masked off a consistent lip of the fenderwell and the protruding parts got sprayed.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

WS6 hands down plus if you put drag wheels then they know you beat the **** out of it.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by killagt
I understand but it is OH SO FAR FROM STOCK..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...-trans-am.html

sad thing is this car hasn't been beat on. Its a fresh build with 50 miles on a very potent motor. I'm thinking the other rims and smaller stall..and putting the A/C back on next week will def. open up the market for potential buyers.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Apparently racer in me is showing through as well....

the car with prostars = as sexy as Jessica Biel.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Launching!

For wheels, anything chrome and people will buy it. I agree with street tires. i know in my area anyways, not many around here would be interested in a car with drag tires.

If your mostly selling it on the net on car forums though, the drag tires would make it sell better imo.

I just have to ask, whats the point in having a V8 if you cant beat it? Putt around going as fast as 4 cylinders?
Old 07-26-2009, 08:53 AM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WS6 would be better for 2 reasons, easier to drive around street in any weather, and people that are buying it wont think you raced the hell out of it. Sometimes if they think you raced it chances are they will low ball you and ask for much less.

I also recommend going to stock stall converter, and tell them what converter they should get for best results.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Ws6 wheels, smaller lockup converter and the A/C back on. POTENT streetcar.

How much would you take with it like that?

And how much for the Vig converter if you swap it? Reckon that converter would handle my car? Mine is a good bit too small.

BTW that car sits ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. If that bitch had a six speed in it I would be ALL OVER IT.

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 07-26-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:37 AM
12 Second Club

That is a beautiful car. If you just want a quick sell put the WS6 wheels on, smaller converter and A/C and that thing will be gone quick. PM me on what you plan on doing with the pro stars. I am needing some. Great looking car man either way
Old 07-26-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I say WS6 wheels look better. Drag wheels/tires have their purpose and are great if your selling it as a track only car. Sounds like your wanting to appeal to the masses so, in that case, keep the street wheels and tires on it.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cruzer23
For wheels, anything chrome and people will buy it. I agree with street tires. i know in my area anyways, not many around here would be interested in a car with drag tires.

If your mostly selling it on the net on car forums though, the drag tires would make it sell better imo.

I just have to ask, whats the point in having a V8 if you cant beat it? Putt around going as fast as 4 cylinders?
I like to run my cars. Some people call that beating on them. I call it using them for what they are built for. I don't rag em out though. There is a difference.

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Ws6 wheels, smaller lockup converter and the A/C back on. POTENT streetcar.

How much would you take with it like that?

And how much for the Vig converter if you swap it? Reckon that converter would handle my car? Mine is a good bit too small.

BTW that car sits ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. If that bitch had a six speed in it I would be ALL OVER IT.
I'm thinking the same thing. Probably will be swaping them this week. Its not a Vig in there its a yank 4800 UT non lockup. It would love your car and honestly it doesn't drive bad with 4th gear with the 4L60E. It is non lock up though. This thing hits hard. With the ws6s on the car I can do a half throttle role in at 30, drop it to 2nd and it will hang the rear out. Thanks for the stance comment. It turned out nice. I would probably take about the same with the a/c,converter change and wheels. What I'm asking and what I'm taking are two seperate things. You know how that is. Asking 9500
Old 07-26-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
I like to run my cars. Some people call that beating on them. I call it using them for what they are built for. I don't rag em out though. There is a difference.

I'm thinking the same thing. Probably will be swaping them this week. Its not a Vig in there its a yank 4800 UT non lockup. It would love your car and honestly it doesn't drive bad with 4th gear with the 4L60E. It is non lock up though. This thing hits hard. With the ws6s on the car I can do a half throttle role in at 30, drop it to 2nd and it will hang the rear out. Thanks for the stance comment. It turned out nice. I would probably take about the same with the a/c,converter change and wheels. What I'm asking and what I'm taking are two seperate things. You know how that is. Asking 9500
How much for the converter? Or do you have or know of where there is a used 4500 ish lockup converter for a 4L60E in a LT1?

I really just want to try it and see how the car responds to a converter like that, mine only stalls 2900 ish and flashes to 3400 ish, too small. My torque peak is 4300.

And BTW how much RWHP did the red car make when it ran the 10.38? It was on a FAST system wasnt it?
Old 07-26-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

corvette wheels just dont look right on Trans Ams, imo...if ur not drag racing then just go with the WS6 wheels
Old 07-26-2009, 03:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
And BTW how much RWHP did the red car make when it ran the 10.38? It was on a FAST system wasnt it?
I did 476 on the rollers. Car weighted in at 3350 race weight. It was on the DFI gen 7 setup when I ran that. Crossed the line at 7500.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
I agree, i mean these things came with v8s, so use the power you have. I have never drag raced, and im lucky to hit it once per trip but its just to much fun to not use the power.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

with all the "looks like you rag it"...."i drive them how they're supposed to be driven..but dont rag em" talk..i'm just curious..whats the diff?? if you round the street corner and romp it to 90 every other day...is that driving it like it should be driven? or is that ragging it? or does it just depend if you're the buyer or the seller?
Old 07-26-2009, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

I consider ragging on a car beating the hell out of it...bounching off the limiter, no maintenance, nutral drops, power slides around every corner, you know..generally acting an *** on the street. Non of that happens to any of my cars. I may do a quick accelerating form a stop...rairly at full throttle. But I will run the rpms up. And I will take them to the track and run them. We build them for a reason and thats to have fun. I consider driving them the way they are suppose to be driven having fun with the car...but not beating the hell out of it. If anything the big/little wheel setup makes you drive the thing slower on the street...lol.

Quick Reply: Wheel decision. Pics of My Trans Am