LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

FAST TOYS LS1 LID, FTRA, JAAM for LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default FAST TOYS LS1 LID, FTRA, JAAM for LT1?

hey guys i got a 93 trans am im doing 94 up engine harness swap so it will have MAF. but anyways the car has the 98-02 front end swap and an oem ws6 hood, so doing the swap should be easy. all of these pics are from fast toys and the lid is 98 mm , the FTRA (the lower ram air assembly) and the JAAM assembly (the plate that covers around your hood latch which brings in more air) i want to be able to install all of this without much modding if any( keep in mind my front end swap) i dont want to do any type of cutting on my core support, neither do i want to cut the ws6 hood, which im pretty sure i shouldnt have to cut anything..cuz i dont want to. i will take the baffles out of my hood like the pic of the underside of the hood in the pics below also. sound like a good setup i thinks so. i could either do this or the slp kit in the last pic, so what do yall think?
Attached Thumbnails FAST TOYS LS1 LID, FTRA, JAAM for LT1?-lid7.jpg   FAST TOYS LS1 LID, FTRA, JAAM for LT1?-clear852.jpg   FAST TOYS LS1 LID, FTRA, JAAM for LT1?-ftrabottowarrows.jpg   FAST TOYS LS1 LID, FTRA, JAAM for LT1?-ftratopviewarrows.jpg   FAST TOYS LS1 LID, FTRA, JAAM for LT1?-jaam2.jpg  

FAST TOYS LS1 LID, FTRA, JAAM for LT1?-jaam3.jpg   FAST TOYS LS1 LID, FTRA, JAAM for LT1?-jaam1.jpg   FAST TOYS LS1 LID, FTRA, JAAM for LT1?-21047.jpg  

Last edited by badfbodyz; 10-26-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those are like 3 different types of intakes and cannot all be installed at the same time. What exactly are you trying to do?

If you want to use the hoods ram air ports, then you will need the raised lower air box, and not the FTRA setup since it will have true ram air from the hood and not need the backwash air pushed up from in front of the rad.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might want to stay away from the clear lid, when it gets scratched it shows it
Old 10-27-2009, 07:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Puck
Those are like 3 different types of intakes and cannot all be installed at the same time. What exactly are you trying to do?

If you want to use the hoods ram air ports, then you will need the raised lower air box, and not the FTRA setup since it will have true ram air from the hood and not need the backwash air pushed up from in front of the rad.
no i wasnt saying i wanted all 3 of those lids just showing the different ones they have like the clear and the black, but if u were talking about the lid, ftra, and the jaam together wont work, then im pretty sure that all 3 should work together fine?

Last edited by badfbodyz; 10-27-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 19mike84
you might want to stay away from the clear lid, when it gets scratched it shows it
thanks
Old 10-27-2009, 08:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by badfbodyz
thanks
If you have true ram air from the hood

You do not need the underlid FTRA

because the lower airbox for the true ram air is raised to seal against the hood

...and the FTRA uses the plain lid's lower airbox

Old 10-27-2009, 12:20 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can still use the FTRA, but it is mostly a waste of money. You will be drawing in cold air straight from the hood, so you don't NEED to draw from the bottom of the radiator. If you choose to install it it won't hurt anything, but I don't think it will necessarily help anything either..
Old 10-27-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Regular

ok well sorry for the confusion puck. so i also dont need to do any cutting right?
Old 10-28-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a fast toy lid and the FTRA it fits but you have to bend up the FTRA a little to get to fit the diffrent core support of the LT1 car's. You will also have to mod the plastic radiator support(lower airbox) to fit the core support.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

ok thanks for the info on the rad. support. so does anybody have any pics or part numbers of the bellows or boots to go from the MAF to the throttle body? i want the smooth type bellow like in the slp lid kit.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Teching In

New here hi everyone.....i have a 94 formula lt-1 so witch one can i get that requires less mods for installing?
Old 02-14-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duh
You can still use the FTRA, but it is mostly a waste of money. You will be drawing in cold air straight from the hood, so you don't NEED to draw from the bottom of the radiator. If you choose to install it it won't hurt anything, but I don't think it will necessarily help anything either..
i disagree with this, the original designer of the FTRA kit proved how much more effective the bottom feeding setup was with pressure sensors, and it was due to the volume of air it is capable of drawing in as opposed to a little inlet in the hood.

I plan on making a bottom feeding setup for my newly installed LS1 lid eventually, they are supposed to be worth a couple tenths.

Quick Reply: FAST TOYS LS1 LID, FTRA, JAAM for LT1?