LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

urgent ltcc help needed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default urgent ltcc help needed...

im making a new thread because this is urgent and i am trying to get a response by tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday)... i have the whole ltcc harness hooked up except the loose pink and white wires... i looked at the instructions and it tells me to hook those up to wires off of the old coil wires.... only the colors of the factory wires arent what they say they are... this is what i got...

ICM - orange - yellow - green - black
coil - pink - green

they want me to hook the wires up as follows inthe directions...

white ltcc wire to white wires on the coil (not there)
pink ltcc wire to 2 pink/black wires ( i have 1 pink wire and 1 black wire)

I cant see hooking up the pink and black wires from the coil connector into the single pink wire on the ltcc.... that doesnt make sense to me.... can anybody clear this up so i can finally fire my motor up!!! haha thanks in advance for any help... car is a 97 lt1
Old 11-18-2009, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

I will get a pic of mine. I have the 97 motor also but a custom harness. I will get a pic of the pin location in the connector you need to connect to. I am currently at work and will not be able to get these until tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully someone can answer this before then.

I beleive the pink wires get connected to the pink wire at the coil (switched 12v power). I beleive the orange wire at the ICM will have power only when the switch is on. You can check this with a meter or test light.The pink wire from the coil connects to the pink wire from the ICM inside the harness so you only need one pink wire connection.

The white wire connects to the yellow(which could be discolored white) wire at the ICM . I compared your available wires to the wiring diagrams for the f-body. the green wire is a conection between the coil and the icm. the blk is ground, pink or orange in your case connects to the pink wire before it connects to the coil. the wht wire connects from the icm(B terminal) to the pcm

Last edited by illusions; 11-18-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so i hook the pink ltcc wire to the pink wire from the coil harness... and the white ltcc wire to the yellow wire on the ICM harness... or do i hook the pink ltcc wire up to both pink wires (1 on icm and 1 on coil)..... this is confusing the hell out of me... thanks for the help though... anybody else care to chime in?
Old 11-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Your car is going to explode. Give up now.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

connect the pink wires (2) from the ltcc to the pink wire at the coil and connect the white wire to the yellow wire( which I beleive is just a discolored white wire) from the icm.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can also contact Bob Bailey Engineering.com and ask him, I notice you have a 93.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no 97 i just made this name when i had a 93 t/a way back when... ok i think i got this figured out.. my ltcc only has one pink wire...
Old 11-18-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 97Z28SS
You can also contact Bob Bailey Engineering.com and ask him, I notice you have a 93.
he has a 97. his screen name makes no sense

there are two pinks wires that are part of the icm/coil harness. you are saying to connect those two together and to the one pink wire off of the ltcc box? the yellow to white is clear just this isn't.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Your car is going to explode. Give up now.
Well thats the best advice I've heard in a long time took a lot of knowledge to come up with that one
Old 11-19-2009, 07:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
he has a 97. his screen name makes no sense

there are two pinks wires that are part of the icm/coil harness. you are saying to connect those two together and to the one pink wire off of the ltcc box? the yellow to white is clear just this isn't.
The two pink wires connect to each other inside the harness. One feeds 12v switched power to the icm and one feeds the coil. It doesn't matter which pink wire you connect it to but just to be consistent with the directions connect it to the one at the coil.

Here's the wiring diagram of the ignition courtesy of Shbox[/url]

ignition
Old 11-19-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

ok, thanks!!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

is the car running yet?
Old 11-23-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got it started but it wont idle... it idles around 500 when it should be set around 900... i have a lot of stuff to try and check to get this thing to run alittle smoother... up past 2000 it doesnt seem to run to bad... but i dont think the ltcc is the problem... thanks for all the help though guys.. wouldnt have gotten it connected right without it

Quick Reply: urgent ltcc help needed...