LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My TruDual setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My TruDual setup

well i jumped on the trudual band wagon .I've been running around wit an open ORY for nearly a year and liked the race car sound to a point but, at times it was really annoying as it has a raspy raggedy sound at certain RPM's under load that just sounds like a ragged out mud truck.
so i bought a couple of Thrush Turbo mufflers from Advanced for $60. took it to a local Custom exhaust shop they cut the Y outta my ORY and ran two 2 1/2" pipes bent as needed to fit for $125 I decided not to do an H or X pipe outta curiosity of how it would sound ..
.in hindsight i should have bought these --> http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...te%2BMarketing or knock off versions on ebay
..I'll will prob switch to em' only because they would help with ground clearance a bit and provide more sound.
I cant complain though ..it has low bass and rumble sound at an idle ,sounds quiet but solid while cruising and has this mean powerful low grunt under WOT instead of just loud and raspy ....the sound is Solid it doesn't sound uneven or raspy nor does it have drone ..it is a touch quiet from what I'm accustomed to and it really makes the car a Sleeper... ..like i said i've drove around for nearly a year open ORY and know what my car felt like....the TruDuals really are a different beast ..it feels like it has better pull/tork down low now
I dont have anything to take video with sound or i would ...I like it,I like the old skool look of em at the axel too!
Attached Thumbnails My TruDual setup-truduals-rear-pic.jpg   My TruDual setup-truduals-front-pic.jpg  
Old 11-02-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

not a bad way to go, an X pipe will help you out though, not only with sound but it will also help exhaust scavenging and help it flow better.

not a bad price tho! Im thinking about doing duals with dumps over the winter when i do long tubes.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

An x-pipe will help you out quite a bit as it will equalize out your exhaust allowing for a more natural flow.

I love my car being quite until a want it to be loud. This is why i went with a magnaflow catback. If I want to louder I just open up my DMH e-cutout! Best of both worlds in my opinion!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

It sucks for me though. I wanna do true duals but id have to have 2 cats and no cutouts cause of inspections here in missouri
Old 11-03-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks great man, i personally like no crossover, it sounds the best IMO and all that X and H **** your talking like 3-4 hp, i noticed 0 difference in my old LS1 adding a crossover.

im in the same boat as you with the cutout, it sounds horrible driving around, only sounds good at idle and WOT.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to do TDs so bad, but im not giving up my CME nor am I paying extra to run the pipes to the back lol
Old 11-03-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lgoldtop
It sucks for me though. I wanna do true duals but id have to have 2 cats and no cutouts cause of inspections here in missouri
i live in missouri and i dont have any cats, gotta hunt around for a shop man
Old 11-03-2010, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

I just put LTs on my 93 along with a 2.5" X-pipe kit from Summit and Dynomax Bullet mufflers. Sounds great and the kit was pretty easy to install, just felt like I needed extra hands to hold it all in place while I got things aligned properly.

It's got a killer rumble at idle and when you really nail it people notice. I currently have some turn-downs dumped right in front of the rear axle and it gives a pretty bad echo in the car at certain rpms, I'm probably gonna pull the turn-downs and see how it sounds like that, otherwise it was cheap and easy to do, can't ask for much more.