LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

the what to do next woes HAHA

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the what to do next woes HAHA

So ive done the cold air intake, the borla catback, and i just recieved my shorty headers(have to pass sniffer test) and now I dunno what to do next. I was thinking doing a cam swap but its super expensive and out of my range right now, then i thought gear swap but same thing. Any other performance mods i can do that wont break the bank???
Old 04-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Port/polish TB is a common one, fairly easy to do with a dremel.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

whats the advantages to doing that? I was also thinking maybe to start piecing together my suspension. Ive already got sub frames sitting in my closet that i picked up for 80 bucks
Old 04-13-2011, 05:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by colinpd137
Port/polish TB is a common one, fairly easy to do with a dremel.
It is not common to do because it has been proven time and time again that it's not worth anything on a bolt-on car. Not to mention porting it yourself with a Dremel is a great way to destroy the throttle body. Porting the front and back won't do a thing if you leave the stock diameter blades. Overall not a good idea.

Originally Posted by EliteCamaro94
whats the advantages to doing that? I was also thinking maybe to start piecing together my suspension. Ive already got sub frames sitting in my closet that i picked up for 80 bucks
Suspension, stall, gears, converter, tune. You're out of the realm of piddly-poo mods now - start saving your $!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do suspension! Pick up a set of LCAs and relocation brackets, it helped cut my 60' down noticeably.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:11 PM
TECH Resident

the car is my daily driver and i drive a good bit during the day so would it be a good idea to just do upgraded shocks on stock springs?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the car is my daily driver and i drive a good bit during the day so would it be a good idea to just do upgraded shocks on stock springs?
Nothing wrong with that. Good start.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

So ive done the cold air intake, the borla catback, and i just recieved my shorty headers(have to pass sniffer test) Any other performance mods i can do that wont break the bank???
You can find a used electric water pump for <$150 or a new one for ~$200and relieve some hp. Also, look into roller rockers to open the engine up a little. A stall on an auto LT1 is a great investment as well. An engine that peaks torque at 3K and stock stall is ~1600 will pick up greatly. I've seen vast improvements with just a stall alone. Gears will wake it up too. But then you have an install kit and pcm program or hpp. But, you can pick up some decent power and ET if you do the right combination in the correct sequence.

Quick Reply: the what to do next woes HAHA