LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Changing lanes

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Changing lanes

Hey LT1 alums

I just wanted to say that it has been great being a member, contributing to discussions and learning from all of you. I have owned my 1997 Formula for over 6 years now and have owned several firebirds before hand but I believe I will be exiting the game shortly.

I have begun riding motorcycles and have fallen in love with it. That said I will be putting my modified formula up for sale soon, so if anyone is looking for a Cam, full bolt ons, full exhaust, 6spd car let me know.

I'm picking up my new Ducati in a few weeks and look forward to enjoying my new hobby. I won't forget you guys and hope to be on here periodically, maybe in an LSX sooner or later.

Its been real guys! Keep the hobby alive.

Sincerely,

Dan Mondello
Old 04-21-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

awesome man! What model ducati? please say 848 and please say its white! 1098 would work too.

I went the same route your about to go, got into motorcycles with a 600$ yamaha seca II, moved to a yamaha yzf600, then to a 2000 gsxr 750 (classic white and blue). I had the gsxr 750 for awhile but then i grew tired of it. It was quite uncomfortable after awhile and it takes a true motorcycle fanatic to like the pain. I traded it for the trans am i have now, i plan to be back on a late 90's early 2000's yamaha R1 sometime soon, an R1-7 is my goal (r1 with an R7 fairing kit). Currently i have a Suzuki Gs1000, it gets the job done but its just not a "in your face" sport bike.

Good luck with the new hobby, have fun paying for the termi exhaust. Im pretty sure its mandatory that if you have a duc you get termi's on it.

Wear your gear and ride smart.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:55 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not keep the car and get a bike? You will definitely regret getting rid of the car. Trust me I know. I had a 90 and got rid of it and then got a bike and now have my 93. There's no way in he!! I'd get rid of either unless I get a liter bike. Keep the car and buy a less expensive bike (the GSXR's are great bikes and easy to work on and modify). My 750 is stock, but if I choose to, I have an extra engine that I may start modifying. If I do that it'll be a 750 with a small turbo just to say I can. But I wouldn't give up my car to get any bike, even a Ducati.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

^ if you have a gsxr 750, a few easy mods if you havent done them is a titanium gsxr 1000 header. Also the GSXR 1000 intake camshaft can put you around 135-140whp.

I miss mine, that thing got more love then ive given to humans.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah I got a bike and thought I was done with modifying cars.

Nope. You'll need a car to play with soon. The bike is a different type of fun. You can't replace one with the other.

You'll be back.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have fallen in love my '86 VFR500, but I would never part with my T/A.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:31 PM
TECH Addict

bikes are like only being able to watch **** on tv....cars give you a few other channels to choose from with the occasional pay per view....but sometimes you just gotta watch **** all day, which is why you need both.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't be able to live without my cars and bike. I even need more cars and bikes! Just like pokemon, gotta have em all..
Old 04-21-2011, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by trilkb
bikes are like only being able to watch **** on tv....cars give you a few other channels to choose from with the occasional pay per view....but sometimes you just gotta watch **** all day, which is why you need both.
LMAO..thats one hell of an analogy.

Good luck and be safe on the Bike OP. But if you owned your F-Body that long there is a good chance you'll be back soon.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:11 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trilkb
^ if you have a gsxr 750, a few easy mods if you havent done them is a titanium gsxr 1000 header. Also the GSXR 1000 intake camshaft can put you around 135-140whp.

I miss mine, that thing got more love then ive given to humans.
I've left it stock, only cause I have a heavy hand and heavy foot, so it kinda keeps me from killing myself. That and I plan on upgrading to a Liter bike soon and the wife is gonna inherit the 750 as her first. So for now it's stock with some Pirelli dual compound tires for having fun leaning it! There's nothing that beats cornering at speeds upwards of triple what the yellow signs say
Old 04-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Into bikes and cars. Just picked this up a few weeks ago:

Only thing I don't like about it are the pipes. Will be changing those soon.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by duh
I've left it stock, only cause I have a heavy hand and heavy foot, so it kinda keeps me from killing myself. That and I plan on upgrading to a Liter bike soon and the wife is gonna inherit the 750 as her first. So for now it's stock with some Pirelli dual compound tires for having fun leaning it! There's nothing that beats cornering at speeds upwards of triple what the yellow signs say

Just my suggestion, do some mods to your 750. preferably a full exhaust (header and all not just slip on), air Filters, and some sprocket work a -1 front will wake it way up. The way you started that paragraph says you dont need a 1000...so why spend the money on one? and 10-15hp jump on a 750 is very noticeable! plus the sprocket work will make it feel alot quicker from a dig. Id say get the wife a fz6 or something like that to start on, but im kind of mr safety when it comes to sport bikes/new riders
Old 04-22-2011, 06:55 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

My heavy handedness is controlled by remembering the 2 girls at home. I personally think she will do just fine on the 750, mostly because it is stock and it's plenty light for her and really easy to throw around. Plus I already have it and don't have to get her a new one. My bike is well worn (2001 with 18K miles), and has been beaten, abused, and rebuilt. I've done my fair share with it and it keeps on going. Kinda like my LT1. Infact I like the ride so much when I do get a 1K, I plan on getting an 01-03. Biggest change is the difference in weight, which really isn't much.

Forgive me if this all sounds retarded, but I am an Adrenaline junkie. Weather in the car or on the bike, I always take some un-necessary risk. But the difference is situational awareness. Picking the right time to explore limits as opposed to just blindly ripping the throttle. There is a difference in those who can handle a vehicle at it's limit and those that think they can. Certainly it belongs at the track, but sometimes I personally just don't have the patience of time to get there. So a quick little 30 sec. blast here or there does wonders for the soul. I don't condone it or think it's necessarily right but I do it, but again it's all about timing and knowing whats going on around you and what the other cars on the road are going to do.

Sorry for the ramble.

Back on point.

Don't get rid of the car, you'll just end up buying a more expensive one in the future.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LSWHO
Yeah I got a bike and thought I was done with modifying cars.

Nope. You'll need a car to play with soon. The bike is a different type of fun. You can't replace one with the other.

You'll be back.
Well said. Gotta have both, trust me.

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Into bikes and cars. Just picked this up a few weeks ago:

Only thing I don't like about it are the pipes. Will be changing those soon.
Can't believe it took them so long to bring the z1000 back to the states. What an amazing machine, it truly does everything well.

Quick Reply: Changing lanes