LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

2011 LTX Shootout Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 03:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 LTX Shootout Conversion

So I have to give Tony Shepard and crew a big hats off. Because of there extremly organized show, non-clickish atmosphere, and all out welcomeing demener, you guys have converted my sales manager Jeremy(aka Sideburns) from a diehard mustang guy to a hard core lt1 guy. No **** he's selling his 25.2 caged roller and his dart blocked 408 bullit to by a 94-97 Camaro this guy has been on the net searching every day for a decent car and his brand x stuff is up forsale. So again Tony, Darren, And crew thanks for an awsome event and makeing him see the opti-light....
Old 09-09-2011, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Tell him to get a b-body instead.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Tell him to get a b-body instead.
He wants to go fast why do that

Good deal man!
Old 09-09-2011, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

That is awesome! Sounds like a wicked build might be in the works! Keep us posted and thank you very much for the kind words about the shootout. Hope to see y'all soon.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a few car that would make great race cars for pretty cheap. Pm me
Old 09-09-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's awesome! Can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Also can't wait to make it to one of the shootouts, wish they were closer. Even if my car would have been done on time I wouldn't have been able to afford the trip from way down in FL.

Hopefully next year! (Deja vu...)
Old 09-09-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Puck next year come with us bro.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:18 PM
FormerVendor

Yes hes thinkin 13.1 na and since we already have our GTO for the ls side we are gonna put up an lt1 side also. If you guys need anything call him and we will see if we can give you guys smokin deals. We offer strange, afco etc... so call and ask Jeremy or Sideburns as some of you know him from the shoot out and we will see what we can do......
Old 09-09-2011, 04:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice. i talked to him some sat night. seemed like a cool guy
Old 09-09-2011, 04:51 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gforce Engineering
So I have to give Tony Shepard and crew a big hats off. Because of there extremly organized show, non-clickish atmosphere, and all out welcomeing demener, you guys have converted my sales manager Jeremy(aka Sideburns) from a diehard mustang guy to a hard core lt1 guy. No **** he's selling his 25.2 caged roller and his dart blocked 408 bullit to by a 94-97 Camaro this guy has been on the net searching every day for a decent car and his brand x stuff is up forsale. So again Tony, Darren, And crew thanks for an awsome event and makeing him see the opti-light....
Thank you for the nice words! Jeremy was a delight to meet. I noticed he was helping everyone he could during the show. Very nice guy. Glad he will part of the LTX family!

This is what sets us apart from the other events. You have to experience it to believe it.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Thank you for the nice words! Jeremy was a delight to meet. I noticed he was helping everyone he could during the show. Very nice guy. Glad he will part of the LTX family!

This is what sets us apart from the other events. You have to experience it to believe it.
Bolded part x100

If my car breaks next year, i'm still going to make the drive and bring my tools and beer and have a blast. The atmosphere is so good. Even though it's a competition you never see any heated rivalries. Everyone wants to see everyone else do good. If you have a problem with your car, there's a crowd of people waiting to jump in to help. The venue is perfect, the hotel is very nice and accomodating, and there's greta food walking distance away. Plus you have the Corvette museum and plant right there.

Does anyone have a group shot of all of us partying saturday night? I remember some tall guy taking pictures when there was like 30 or 40 of us all facing the hotel raising our cups.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:02 PM
TECH Resident

Jeremy (Sideburns) has been one of my best friends for many years. And as long as I've known him, he has always been a mustang guy. We invited him to go with us to the LTxshootout knowing he would have a blast...little did we know that the exerience would convert him to the opti-side! He couldn't speak enough about how great that race was and what a breath of fresh air the LTx community is compared to the events that he is used to. We will find him a nice LTx powered ride to start with, and hopefully us Kansas boys will be bringin yet another car to next years event!
Old 09-09-2011, 07:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's not too often a group of people having a competition will still be there to not only wish their opponents good luck, but physically help them make their cars as good as they can be...even knowing that they can be lined up against them later in the day.

Let's face it - we're all underdogs here, and any publicity and goals an LTx guy gets is good for ALL of us .
Old 09-09-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gforce Engineering
......... extremly organized show, non-clickish atmosphere, and all out welcomeing demener, ...........thanks for an awsome event ...........
Gforce, you couldn't have picked better words to describe this year's event. I was already impressed by how well it went there last year, and noticed how lessons were learned to make it even better this year.
Huge thanks to Tony, Kyle, Daren, and everybody else behind the scenes, including Mrs. Tony for guiding all the confused ones in the staging lanes and class callouts
Old 09-10-2011, 09:10 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear it!
Old 09-10-2011, 10:11 AM
11 Second Club

jermey is the an awesome guy! we were up the latest sat night talking me him and skizzy. guy was very cool! im glad to hear he wants into the ltx world. he should drop a lt1 into a mustang with a boat load of spray and go after tony in outlaw!

pat gish which impala guy were you? i thought all the impala guys were the coolest! i was the only a$$hole parked in that corner with you guys at the hotel and then we were pitted near eachother at the track
Old 09-10-2011, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12

pat gish which impala guy were you? i thought all the impala guys were the coolest! i was the only a$$hole parked in that corner with you guys at the hotel and then we were pitted near eachother at the track
Thanks! I was the only DGGM (Gray Green) one, behind a 98 Green Chevy pickup. Plate on car is "10 Sec SS". I'm the one with the little peashooter 350 motor among all the strokers.
You're from Boston, right?
Old 09-10-2011, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bowtienut
Thanks! I was the only DGGM (Gray Green) one, behind a 98 Green Chevy pickup. Plate on car is "10 Sec SS". I'm the one with the little peashooter 350 motor among all the strokers.
You're from Boston, right?
yep i was the only guy from massachusetts we had the uhaul trailer with the black bolt on car with the rksports rear hatch i spoke with one of the impala guys a few times at the hotel parking lot and the track. cool guy he had a white enclosed trailer i think. i was towing my car with a blue f-150 4 door
Old 09-11-2011, 02:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow that's awesome! Jeremy was great to talk to and was ready to help everyone. He seemed pretty excited about his Mustang build other than the hours of work still needed to get it done! Hopefully that's one more car for next year and maybe a new class sponsor! (hint, hint!!)
Old 09-11-2011, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool to hear! I once had a LS1 car and the only way I will have another is if its parked next to my LTX car.