LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help...PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help...PLEASE!

Alright guys. I did some horse trading and ended up with a 93 z28 with a 94 motor/trans. The car didn't run when I got it, the guy built a motor(scat crank, forged rods and slugs, cam, head work, and paperwork to prove) and did a full MSD ignition setup at the same time. Well, he was wiring challenged and couldn't get the MSD 6al box wired. I got the car, wired the MSD and it finally fired.

When I got it running it ran like sh*t on the low end. Once it was about 3k it ran alot better. Well I went out one day to fire the car and had nothing at the key. Turns out it wasn't sending power to the starter. it sat for a month before I could get a look at it.once I did I used a manual starter switch to see if it would turn over that way. Which it did, but won't start. It would try but not fire. I looked at fuel pressure and its super low. I can hear the fuel pump running, and it sounds fine. but I'm only getting 5-10 psi. All of this, the hard start and no fuel pressure appear to have happened at once.

Is there something simple I am missing?? Just seems ironic that I have no power to my starter and no fuel pressure..
Old 11-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuel regulator, check fuel pump, get another guage double check psi, check fuel lines front to back, double check the harness from started. Double check everything.
I had the same problems I just had to double check one by one every single plug, wires, fuses, fuel regulator, fuel filter ext. Finally is running good.

Quick Reply: Help...PLEASE!