LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Question about fuel rails....

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Question about fuel rails....

I noticed this a long time ago, but it really hasnt been an issue for me.

I'd like to clean up underhood a bit, and my fuel lines are literally all over the damn place. Heres the best pic I can get for now:

and another one:

Please dont mind the dirt... LOL

Its never sat well with me that the lines are hovering right above the drivers side header.... I'm paranoid about them melting.

Are there differences in the fuel rails on LT1 cars? My Camaro is a 1994. It was a frankensteined 383 stroker before it was rebuilt RIGHT this last year (broken crank, f'd pistons, ect ect) and I really would like to take care of this issue asap. I'm not sure what year the intake and fuel rails are from to be completely honest. I would like eventually to buy the speed inc relocation nkit, but for now I'd just like the lines to route where they should be from the factory, and NOT over my header.

any help?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quazz
I noticed this a long time ago, but it really hasnt been an issue for me.

I'd like to clean up underhood a bit, and my fuel lines are literally all over the damn place. Heres the best pic I can get for now:

and another one:

Please dont mind the dirt... LOL

Its never sat well with me that the lines are hovering right above the drivers side header.... I'm paranoid about them melting.

Are there differences in the fuel rails on LT1 cars? My Camaro is a 1994. It was a frankensteined 383 stroker before it was rebuilt RIGHT this last year (broken crank, f'd pistons, ect ect) and I really would like to take care of this issue asap. I'm not sure what year the intake and fuel rails are from to be completely honest. I would like eventually to buy the speed inc relocation nkit, but for now I'd just like the lines to route where they should be from the factory, and NOT over my header.

any help?
Maybe try some type of heat resistance wrap for it that way it isnt taking on alot of heat. Thats IMO
Old 02-18-2013, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search, There are ways to re rout them plus it cleans up the space with less wires
Old 02-18-2013, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

http://speedinc.com/cont.cfm?cid=C0001018
Old 02-18-2013, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, the speed inc kit was what I'm going to eventually. I have wrapped some dei heat sheild tape around it for the time being. It just looks like my fuel rail is different from most other I see in Camaros.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Quazz
Yeah, the speed inc kit was what I'm going to eventually. I have wrapped some dei heat sheild tape around it for the time being. It just looks like my fuel rail is different from most other I see in Camaros.
Cause it is.

Just drill a hole behind the brake booster area, and route the lines up there along the fire wall.

Or, leave it alone and clean your engine.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a 93 intake manifold but the fuel rail should not have the connections up front like that. The intake for 94 and up had a fuel line crossover up front. But they all had the return and feed lines in the back. Looks like the lines have been frankensteined.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:42 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah, its definitely a 93 intake, but the fuel rail looks like the very bottom of the 4 fuel rails pictured in the link below:

http://www.nookandtranny.com/Info_LT1.html

I'm not sure what one it is. The bigger question is this..... can I just get a 93 fuel rail and route the lines normally at this point?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

from the looks of it, yes you should just be able to get the 93 rails and you can just route the lines like factory and connect at the rear of the intake.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 AM
TECH Addict

Looks like i lied! Haha after more research I guess the 93's all connected up front like that. I was under the impression that f bodies in general all had connection at the rear of the intake. I'm now with everyone else, just cut a hole and route behind the brake booster.

Quick Reply: Question about fuel rails....