LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

24X Conversion Gurus: FI and MAF choices (Need Help)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 24X Conversion Gurus: FI and MAF choices (Need Help)

Trying to order the new LT1 harness for the 24x conversion. I'm ordering from PSI and I missed the telephone cutoff... and there's a screen in the ordering process that asks which MAF, giving several choices:

-3 pin Camaro/Firebird
-5 pin Corvette/Truck
-5 Pin LS3 and 5 pin LY6.

Which one? Is one better than the other using the 411 LS PCM? I'm using the Granitelli LT1 MAF.

There is also a drop down for Fuel Injectors choices:

- EV1 LS1/LS6
- EV6 LS2/LS3

Which is right/best? And why?

FWIW: I'm running green top 42 lb injectors.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure you know this, but just wanted to throw it out there. That harness will have to be manually wired in if you have an fbody.

If you are running the stock maf for your car it will be a 3 wire. The best maf choice will depend on the mods you have.

Sounds like you have EV1 connectors.

We offer and plug and play harness for the fbody, which includes a new factory firewall grommet.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BP Automotive
I'm sure you know this, but just wanted to throw it out there. That harness will have to be manually wired in if you have an fbody.

If you are running the stock maf for your car it will be a 3 wire. The best maf choice will depend on the mods you have.

Sounds like you have EV1 connectors.

We offer and plug and play harness for the fbody, which includes a new factory firewall grommet.
Manually wired?
Old 08-30-2014, 12:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

By manually wired I mean it will lot be plug and play, you will have to cut connectors off of your factory harness and wire the stand alone harness into those connectors and them connect them to your car.

Our plug and play harnesses require NOTHING, not a single connection to be made by you. All connectors are labeled. Just plug the harness in, and turn the key.

Best part is, we have cut the lead time to two weeks for most applications. We actually have some harnesses in stock.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:18 AM
11 Second Club

By manually wired I mean it will lot be plug and play, you will have to cut connectors off of your factory harness and wire the stand alone harness into those connectors and them connect them to your car.

Our plug and play harnesses require NOTHING, not a single connection to be made by you. All connectors are labeled. Just plug the harness in, and turn the key.

Best part is, we have cut the lead time to two weeks for most applications. We actually have some harnesses in stock.
Wow...

I hope not, because when I called them, they told me flat out that it was plug and play and that it would take 3 days to ship...

Plus, the website says:

" These harnesses are designed to be used with EFI Connection 24X Engine system and drive by cable throttle body. These harnesses include the correct EV1 injector connectors and provisions for low mount knock sensors and front mounted cam and crank sensor, making a plug and play solution with the EFI Connection hardware.

They are completely plug and play with four wire hookup (switched power, constant power and ground connections required). Harnesses are designed with a sliding grommet seal and 4 - 5 feet of length from the rear of the cylinder head to the PCM mounting position under the vehicle dashboard. A sliding grommet seal allows for professional, leak proof installation."

I'm not sayin' you're incorrect, but I am sayin' I hope ya are... because I just parted with an ***-load of coin that is countin' on it.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:10 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by OVA1
Wow...

I hope not, because when I called them, they told me flat out that it was plug and play and that it would take 3 days to ship...

Plus, the website says:

" These harnesses are designed to be used with EFI Connection 24X Engine system and drive by cable throttle body. These harnesses include the correct EV1 injector connectors and provisions for low mount knock sensors and front mounted cam and crank sensor, making a plug and play solution with the EFI Connection hardware.

They are completely plug and play with four wire hookup (switched power, constant power and ground connections required). Harnesses are designed with a sliding grommet seal and 4 - 5 feet of length from the rear of the cylinder head to the PCM mounting position under the vehicle dashboard. A sliding grommet seal allows for professional, leak proof installation."

I'm not sayin' you're incorrect, but I am sayin' I hope ya are... because I just parted with an ***-load of coin that is countin' on it.
They are saying it will be plug and play with the engine, not the chassis. There are only two companies in the world that make a true plug and play replacement harness for the 1993 to 1997 Camaros and Firebirds. Us and EFI Connection.

We are.also the only ones that have the FACTORY firewall grommet for these cars.

That is a Stand Alone universal harness for a lt1 that is swapped into something like a 69 camaro.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

They are saying it will be plug and play with the engine, not the chassis. There are only two companies in the world that make a true plug and play replacement harness for the 1993 to 1997 Camaros and Firebirds. Us and EFI Connection.

We are.also the only ones that have the FACTORY firewall grommet for these cars.

That is a Stand Alone universal harness for a lt1 that is swapped into something like a 69 camaro.
Here is a picture of a plug and play harness. It has the EWP wiring integrated so that's the only reason for the relay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-1997-LT1-FBody-Camaro-Firebird-24x-Conversion-Plug-and-Play-NEW-harness-/170920029070?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cba0ab8e&vxp=mtr

Last edited by BP Automotive; 08-30-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:43 AM
11 Second Club

PM sent....
Old 08-30-2014, 02:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

PSI harness is plug and play, but standalone. It is what I am looking at for my car, but mine is no longer a daily driver so I just want the basics.

It has all the connectors and stuff to get an LT1 motor running with 24x, but notice that it is not listed as vehicle specific - therefore does not have all the body side connectors. Up to you if its worth the extra 100-150 bucks to not half to splice into your old harness on the body side.

Sorry if I confused you over PM by mentioning it. BP from LTXtech does a full vehicle specific harness that costs a bit more, but is better quality and an easier install for those looking to keep more then just basic engine/tranny control.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Puck
PSI harness is plug and play, but standalone. It is what I am looking at for my car, but mine is no longer a daily driver so I just want the basics.

It has all the connectors and stuff to get an LT1 motor running with 24x, but notice that it is not listed as vehicle specific - therefore does not have all the body side connectors. Up to you if its worth the extra 100-150 bucks to not half to splice into your old harness on the body side.

Sorry if I confused you over PM by mentioning it. BP from LTXtech does a full vehicle specific harness that costs a bit more, but is better quality and an easier install for those looking to keep more then just basic engine/tranny control.
FWIW we also build 24x stand alone harnesses and LT1 stand alone harnesses.

Our base series 24x stand alone harness that comes with the same options as the competition is $550. From there you can add fan relays with the 12ga wire and A/C also!

Thats where we try to separate ourselves, we offer OPTIONS. Not just one harness.

We also build PLUG and PLAY LSx swap harnesses and Factory replacement harnesses for both the LTx and the LSx 4th Gen F-Body.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 08-30-2014, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

It's all good Puck.

I've canceled the order with PSI and going with BP.

I am definitely looking for the more comprehensive harness.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

FWIW we also build 24x stand alone harnesses and LT1 stand alone harnesses.

Our base series 24x stand alone harness that comes with the same options as the competition is $550. From there you can add fan relays with the 12ga wire and A/C also!

Thats where we try to separate ourselves, we offer OPTIONS. Not just one harness.

We also build PLUG and PLAY LSx swap harnesses and Factory replacement harnesses for both the LTx and the LSx 4th Gen F-Body.
Very cool, sounds like you would be the better option then - I can ditch my current EWP relay/harness and have it built integrated, along with not having to chop off AC and emissions crap and splice my own chassis side.

OVA, glad to see you found out now then when you unbox it.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:30 PM
11 Second Club

Ended up going with BP Auto, in order to get a true plug and play harness...

Ordered it up tonight. Gotta say the guys at PSI were very nice and when asked to cancel the order, issued an immediate refund. Good on 'em.

Got the harness ordered from Bill @ BP. He's going to set it up for an LS2 5 wire MAF. Moe Bailey should have the PCM by now... and the coils and EFI Conversion came in today.

Quick Reply: 24X Conversion Gurus: FI and MAF choices (Need Help)