cammaro z28 1994 v8 5.7 L Not Sparking problem please read my problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cammaro z28 1994 v8 5.7 L Not Sparking problem please read my problem

i have a chevy cammaro z28 1994 v8 5.7 L

Not Sparking problem

this is the entire history of this prob/solus EXPLANATION (my point of view)

its getting fuel i had an injector un pluged from engine to make shure, the engine turns over but wont start for 1.no spark 2 i have changed the folowing parts:

Spark Plugs, Spark Plug Wires, ICM Modual, ICM Coil, PCM (Computer), Starter, Fuses in side car and under hood, Fuel Pump,

a feand turns the key while i look at the meater conected to ground and the the wire i am checking

i have checked power in the wires every time the key is turned to start the car.....

i check power in coil wire ( pink ) that goes to the fuse that has 10 watts in the fuse box under the hood 12 volts... and i check power in the red wires from the coil to the ICM ignition Module 0 volts ... and i check the power in the WHITE wire that goes from the Module to the PCM (COMPUTER) 0.250 Volts ITS SUPOSED TO HAVE 12 OR SO VOLTS RIGHT? So i changed the PCM and transfered the KNOCK MODULE to the new PCM. THE WHITE WITE still has only 0.250 volts when the key is turned. so i found pictures of the PCM CONNECTOR "A" (RED) "B" (BLACK) "C" (GRAY/CLEAR) "D" (BLUE) these are the Documents: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=igj0o3&s=8#.VBpY80Ca9hI
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=23wr911&s=8
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dha6ar&s=8
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2yuna89&s=8

I HAVE USE THESE SHEETS TO FOLLOW WIRES TO THERE SORCES.

i started with the PCM CONNECTOR "B" (BLACK) and PCM CONNECTOR "D" (BLUE) THE BOXED IN PCM IGNITION FEED 439 PNK (PINK WIRE) ON BOTH SHEETS AT THE BOTTOM AND THE OTHER AT THE TOP... THEY LEAD FROM THE PCM TO THE MASS AIR METAL BOX SENSOR IN FONT OF THE ENGINE... I HAVENT CHECKED THIS WIRE FOR VOLTAGE READING (could this be the problem?) DOES IT SEND POWER TO THE pcm IF AIR PASSES THROUGHT IT? IN RETURN SEND POWER TO THE WHITE WIRE GOING TO THE IGNITION CONTROLE?

AFTER i checked the PCM BATTERY FEED 340 ORN (ORANGE WIRE) shown on the PCM CONNECTOR "B" (BLACK) in the middle and the bottom of the page... and they run togeter into the car from the computer through the car firewall on pasenger side and under the dash kick panels of the passanger and driver side to the fuse box on the side of the dash going to the left bottom corner side of the fuse box it has 12. volts going to the computer... SO THE WHITE WIRE SHOULD BE GETTING POWER TO SPARK THE SPARK PLUGS.
I HAVE A TEORY THAT I BELIEVE MAY WORK TO GET THE SPARK PLUGS TO SPARK: HERE IT IS: ON THE PCM CONNECTOR "A" (RED) SHEET BOXED IN RED AT THE BOTTOM TRACTION CONTROLE SYSTEM SPARK RETARD REQUEST... IF I SNIPPED / CUT THE WIRE WILL THIS MAKE THE SPARK PLUGS SPARK OR WILL THIS IN EFFECT CAUSE VITAL, MAJOR, ENGINE PROBLEMS?

also WHAT IS A POSIBLE SOLUTION TO THE SPARK ISSUE. ITS THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE THAT I CANT START THE CAR....

PLEASE HELP
Old 09-17-2014, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Watch the video at the link.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...ptisparks.html
Old 09-18-2014, 01:44 AM
Teching In

Default is that the solution?

so the opti spark is the problem? and the solution : replace it? is this the solution? im asking in an ignorant way because i don't know?

IS IT THE SOLUTION?

I DIDN'T WATCH THE VIDEO YET, I THOUGHT ID ASK YOU IF ITS THE DISTRIBUTER?

PLEASE REPLY
Old 09-18-2014, 01:50 AM
Teching In

Default is that the solution?

I AM READING IN A WEB SITE: http://www.delteq.com/products_opti.htm

The timing signal is sent from the computer to the ignition module,
NOT A 12 VOLT SIGNAL -----AM I RIGHT?

which is located next to the coil on LT1

IS THIS ACURATE?
Old 09-18-2014, 02:00 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Did you check the opti harness that connects from the PCM to the opti? Watch the video. Opti might have suffered a notorious mechanical failure where the rotor screws come lose and cause the rotor to spin freely. Usually it results in some spark/stumbling of the engine, but maybe in your case it is extreme?
Old 09-18-2014, 02:04 AM
Teching In

Smile

Originally Posted by hrcslam
IT SAYS ON THIS SITE: http://www.delteq.com/products_opti.htm

The timing signal is sent from the computer to the ignition module
The ignition module then sends a high current “charge” signal directly to the ignition coil.

MY 1 QUESTION IS WERE DID THE IGNITION MODULE GET THE POWER TO SEND "(a high current “charge” signal directly to the ignition coil)"?

PLEASE REPLY

so the opti spark is the problem? and the solution : replace it?

PLEASE REPLY
Old 09-18-2014, 02:09 AM
Teching In

Default Thanks for replying

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Did you check the opti harness that connects from the PCM to the opti? Watch the video. Opti might have suffered a notorious mechanical failure where the rotor screws come lose and cause the rotor to spin freely. Usually it results in some spark/stumbling of the engine, but maybe in your case it is extreme?
tHANKS FOR REPLYING... I didn't check the opti harnes that connects from the PCM to the opti.

please excuse my ignorance... i have 1 question that may solve the problemIT SAYS ON THIS SITE: http://www.delteq.com/products_opti.htm

The ignition module then sends a high current “charge” signal directly to the ignition coil.

MY 1 QUESTION IS WERE DID THE IGNITION MODULE GET THE POWER TO SEND "(a high current “charge” signal directly to the ignition coil)"?

PLEASE REPLY
Old 09-18-2014, 02:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JASONPCONKLIN
tHANKS FOR REPLYING... I didn't check the opti harnes that connects from the PCM to the opti.

please excuse my ignorance... i have 1 question that may solve the problemIT SAYS ON THIS SITE: http://www.delteq.com/products_opti.htm

PLEASE REPLY
i was just thinking this over:

so in fact the ignition controle module is just a switch that tells the coil to let go of the high voltage it built up to the distributer cap

IS THIS CORECT SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME THAT IM RIGHT.. I NEED CONFERMATION
Old 09-18-2014, 06:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Replace the opti with a non Chinese one, and take it apart before you put it on and put loctite on everything.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

OP, your testing is all over the place. Concentrate on this. I know you have already been on my website and should have already read it. It answers the questions you keep asking.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my head hurts from reading.

go to SHbox's link and do that.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"PLEASE REPLY

PLEASE REPLY

PLEASE REPLY"

LOL .....WELL, YOU PROBABLY NEED A NEW OPTISPARK OP, ALSO YOUR CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON FOR SOME REASON, I THINK YOU NEED A NEW KEYBOARD!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:06 PM
Teching In

lol i agree

Quick Reply: cammaro z28 1994 v8 5.7 L Not Sparking problem please read my problem