LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

94 Z28 M6 Modification questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Z28 M6 Modification questions

Hey guys I'm new here and new to the whole lt1 setup. I've built a few motors before but nothing with injection. I bought this car and as it sits it has been rebuilt recently (last 30,000) it's got the 24x conversion with an LS1 computer system. Lunati lifters and 1.6 roller rockers. Also has zo6 rims and tires. Halos too but anyways threw a push rod and I tore into her! Getting heads ported and polished with intake aswell installing the cc306 and long tube headers. Looking into efi live for a tuning system if possible. How will all this work together? It has 3.23 rears I will be going to 3.83 soon after the work is done. Also what exhaust should I run after the headers? I definitely want dual exhaust and cutouts maybe even a dump behind the front tires
Like I said I'm new at this set up and don't even know if it's gunna work together well. Any Input or ideas would help. Thanks guys!
Old 03-24-2015, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1FastFirkus
Hey guys I'm new here and new to the whole lt1 setup. I've built a few motors before but nothing with injection. I bought this car and as it sits it has been rebuilt recently (last 30,000) it's got the 24x conversion with an LS1 computer system. Lunati lifters and 1.6 roller rockers. Also has zo6 rims and tires. Halos too but anyways threw a push rod and I tore into her! Getting heads ported and polished with intake aswell installing the cc306 and long tube headers. Looking into efi live for a tuning system if possible. How will all this work together? It has 3.23 rears I will be going to 3.83 soon after the work is done. Also what exhaust should I run after the headers? I definitely want dual exhaust and cutouts maybe even a dump behind the front tires
Like I said I'm new at this set up and don't even know if it's gunna work together well. Any Input or ideas would help. Thanks guys!
What's the HP and drivability goals? There are newer and arguably better cam profiles available than the cc306, something to consider. You'd probably be better off with a mail order professional tune; or preferably on the dyno, especially since you are already a step ahead of most here with the LS1 PCM which most any competent shop can tune (not so with a LT1 PCM ) Exhaust is all personal preference really, there's tons of setups out there....checkout youtube. Who's gonna port your heads? You would be wise to listen to them on the cam choice...
Old 03-24-2015, 09:42 AM

As far as tuning I'm thinking of using vengeance tuning in cumming georgia I've heard great things about them and they're Pretty much next door to my work.the head and intake work will be done by a race shop in Acworth ga. They mainly deal with circle track cars but I've heard good word of them. I'm wanting a heavy lope from the cam. The car will primarily be a cruise car with strip capabilitys. Looking for 450hp or more and hoping to get around an 11 second 1/4 mile or high 11s.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:35 AM

What are my other options as far as other cams? The cc306 and cc305 are what I've mostly seen people run in these motors,cc305 with stock heads and intake and cc306 after head work and intake....I'll ask the guys at the shop but as far as anyone's opinion what cam will sound and perform the best?
Old 03-24-2015, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are my other options as far as other cams? The cc306 and cc305 are what I've mostly seen people run in these motors,cc305 with stock heads and intake and cc306 after head work and intake....I'll ask the guys at the shop but as far as anyone's opinion what cam will sound and perform the best?
There's a lot of other cams available. Those Comp grinds work but there's better cams available today. Advanced Inductionsm or Lloyd Elliot can spec you out a custom grind for best results.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as tuning I'm thinking of using vengeance tuning in cumming georgia I've heard great things about them and they're Pretty much next door to my work.the head and intake work will be done by a race shop in Acworth ga. They mainly deal with circle track cars but I've heard good word of them. I'm wanting a heavy lope from the cam. The car will primarily be a cruise car with strip capabilitys. Looking for 450hp or more and hoping to get around an 11 second 1/4 mile or high 11s.
Remember when you go get a tune, they have to know they are tuning an LT1 and not an LS motor even though it's an LS computer. LT1s seem to like more timing then LS guys are used to so you don't want them to short you on power.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:20 PM

What would be the downfall of running the cc306. Or cc305?anything specific?
Old 03-24-2015, 05:43 PM

Thanks I appreciate the heads up....I've been looking around all day for different cams and the 306 still makes me wild! I'm going to call up the people you've referenced and see what they recommend first thing tomorrow. Theres just something about that 306.

Quick Reply: 94 Z28 M6 Modification questions