LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

parts question eletric water pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parts question eletric water pump

Who's running csr or meziere? I have a 355 I'm finishing up. Just wanting to know if csr is worth 180 or so? Cause I don't want to, but I will drop the 300 on meziere. Thanks guys
Old 08-10-2015, 04:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't speak from experience but with everything I've seen on the boards over the years my pick would be a Meizere HD.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

here are the 3 arguments you can expect to read in this thread and the countless others like it:

1. brand 'x' is worse than brand 'y' because I had a bad experience with brand 'x' but brand 'y' has given me no problems
2. STFU n00b y u need electric water pump when mechanical pwns all!
3. tons of bitching back and forth brand 'x' vs. 'y' vs. mechanical

In my experience: The Meziere seems to operate more quietly than the CSR. I have listened to several other cars who have run both (including my own) and the CSR is always slightly louder. There was no consistent performance or reliability difference, just cost.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...don't let hrcslam get word of this new electric WP themed thread, or a spirited debate will ensue! :https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...ng-solved.html

Old 08-10-2015, 09:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

have had a Meziere on for about 17 years and 85k mi. zero problems

a solid relay/fuse wiring is critical to safe operation
Old 08-10-2015, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

Buddy bought a jegs couple weeks ago. Looks like a meziere hd but a lot cheaper
Old 08-10-2015, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have had my Meziere WP for the last 10 years. Still going strong.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have a meziere HD on my car and its great.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't even run a water pump!
Old 08-10-2015, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

The jegs one is not a meziere hd. Mine bit the dust after 2.5 years and only 20k when the impeller bearing **** itself. It was replaced with a meziere.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ahritchie
...don't let hrcslam get word of this new electric WP themed thread, or a spirited debate will ensue! :https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...ng-solved.html

I was going to leave this alone. But, let's be real here. How many EWP threads have been bombarded by those that prefer a mechanical? None. How many mechanical threads are bombarded by the EWP guys? Seems like ALL of them. You have your demographic definitions confused. Let's be clear on this AGAIN, I have no personal problems with EWP's, they have their place. But, I'm not going to IGNORE the facts and physics to how they free up horsepower either.

It's sad that as soon as I saw this thread I knew you guys would do this. Like Children. It's also sad that EWP users are STILL dragging this out. Again, it was the EWP guys going into the EWP vs MWP debate? Why?

Last edited by hrcslam; 08-10-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by stevo9389
STFU n00b y u need electric water pump when mechanical pwns all!
Please point out where this was said? Everything I've read says that about the electric, not mechanical. The MWP guys leave this S#!T alone. It's the EWP guys trolling MWP threads. Not sure why either.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:30 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by hrcslam
Please point out where this was said? Everything I've read says that about the electric, not mechanical. The MWP guys leave this S#!T alone. It's the EWP guys trolling MWP threads. Not sure why either.
Cause this dumb *** ls1tech, and its a sub forum for a car that is selling for under 3k these days. Its all downhill from here.

I run a Meziere HD and have had no issues with it as of yet.

Basically, are you running any timing set other than stock or the LT4 HD? If so, you can't run a MWP, so moot point.

Are you running a large displacement, high SCR, ragged edge NA motor in a road race setting? If not, the "need" for a MWP is moot.

Are you good at wiring and or have some intelligence? If so, wire up a EWP and call it a day.

Confused?
Old 08-10-2015, 12:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Cause this dumb *** ls1tech, and its a sub forum for a car that is selling for under 3k these days. Its all downhill from here.

I run a Meziere HD and have had no issues with it as of yet.

Basically, are you running any timing set other than stock or the LT4 HD? If so, you can't run a MWP, so moot point.

Are you running a large displacement, high SCR, ragged edge NA motor in a road race setting? If not, the "need" for a MWP is moot.

Are you good at wiring and or have some intelligence? If so, wire up a EWP and call it a day.

Confused?
I think your limitation of the EWP capability is very overstated. It'll take much less engine to find the limits of the EWP road racing.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I think your limitation of the EWP capability is very overstated. It'll take much less engine to find the limits of the EWP road racing.
Perhaps, but, I just can't see a stock motor and tune really pushing that much heat. Either way, OP, state your goals for motor and go from there. Pretty straightforward.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Perhaps, but, I just can't see a stock motor and tune really pushing that much heat. Either way, OP, state your goals for motor and go from there. Pretty straightforward.
I think the OP is already set on an EWP. The question he's posing is which one, CSR or Meziere. I've run neither so I have no advice to give either way.

I agree a stock motor or close to it shouldn't have much issue with an EWP for most driving styles and locations. But ambient conditions make a big difference in the cooling capacity of the system.

I'm not going to tell someone who wants to run an EWP not to, unlike some EWP users have to me.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was going to leave this alone. But, let's be real here. How many EWP threads have been bombarded by those that prefer a mechanical? None. How many mechanical threads are bombarded by the EWP guys? Seems like ALL of them. You have your demographic definitions confused. Let's be clear on this AGAIN, I have no personal problems with EWP's, they have their place. But, I'm not going to IGNORE the facts and physics to how they free up horsepower either.

It's sad that as soon as I saw this thread I knew you guys would do this. Like Children. It's also sad that EWP users are STILL dragging this out. Again, it was the EWP guys going into the EWP vs MWP debate? Why?
Right, because you're being so mature by starting yet ANOTHER argument when all you read in here were sarcastic comments. This wasn't a debate thread until you popped in here.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Spartan7
Right, because you're being so mature by starting yet ANOTHER argument when all you read in here were sarcastic comments. This wasn't a debate thread until you popped in here.
The hell do you think those jabs are? And here you are acting high and mighty, hypocrite much? I didn't start any argument, BTW. I was clarifying my statements when someone else brought my name into it. I didn't start the other one either.

Let's make this MORE obvious for you. In MY thread I gave advice on a fix for our old high mileage MWP spline couplers, someone else (EWP guy BTW) came in and started the debate (as most MWP threads go). Here, the OP asked which EWP to use (not EWP vs MWP), other users (EWP guys again) brought up the MWP debate and my name. I defended ME. You were saying??

Last edited by hrcslam; 08-10-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And so it begins....

Old 08-10-2015, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ahritchie
And so it begins....

Case in point Spartan7.

Quick Reply: parts question eletric water pump