LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need front hub assemblies

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 12:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Need front hub assemblies

I need need hub assemblies for my 96 TA. Is MOOG still good stuff? Anything better?

Anything heavy duty? I always figured hub assemblies were pretty straight forward, but if there's something better than the original design, I'm willing to give it a look before i get the MOOGs.

Thanks.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

less than 2 year old thread that might still be of relevance to you

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-bearings.html
Old 10-10-2015, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks alot. Exactly what i needed to read. Would definitely like to get the Hoosier ones, but that's half the amount i spent on the car, haha! Maybe one day.

I'll be getting the Moogs for now.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by demonsmokr
I need need hub assemblies for my 96 TA. Is MOOG still good stuff? Anything better?

Anything heavy duty? I always figured hub assemblies were pretty straight forward, but if there's something better than the original design, I'm willing to give it a look before i get the MOOGs.

Thanks.
Moog is good stuff.

I've got two perfectly serviceable units that don't have 500 miles on them, sitting in my shop. I installed these during the last build and the only reason that I pulled them is a miscommunication between me and the guy that sold me the Baer Brake kit. He said I would need a 98 or up set of spindles; having not seen the brakes, I assumed he was referring the wheel spindle, OKA: The Hub... so I went down a bought a new pair of Moogs, which sat on my shelf for a year, before I got around to installing the brakes and I found out he was talking about the steering spindle, I installed them anyway... .

$125 shipped for the pair... assumin' you're in the CONUS. Which is less than half price, minus the shipping. They are 100%.

PM me... if ya want 'em. I'll get 'em out Monday.

Last edited by OVA1; 10-10-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OVA1
Moog is good stuff.

I've got two perfectly serviceable units that don't have 500 miles on them, sitting in my shop. I installed these during the last build and the only reason that I pulled them is a miscommunication between me and the guy that sold me the Baer Brake kit. He said I would need a 98 or up set of spindles; having not seen the brakes, I assumed he was referring the wheel spindle, OKA: The Hub... so I went down a bought a new pair of Moogs, which sat on my shelf for a year, before I got around to installing the brakes and I found out he was talking about the steering spindle, I installed them anyway... .

$125 shipped for the pair... assumin' you're in the CONUS. Which is less than half price, minus the shipping. They are 100%.

PM me... if ya want 'em. I'll get 'em out Monday.

hey dude - i got the hubs i bought from you.
really dude? please check your PM's...
Attached Thumbnails Need front hub assemblies-20151015_185911_resized.jpg   Need front hub assemblies-20151015_185919_resized.jpg   Need front hub assemblies-20151015_185950_resized.jpg  
Old 10-15-2015, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2MCHPWR
hey dude - i got the hubs i bought from you.
really dude? please check your PM's...
Really.. Dude.

I checked my PMs... and I sent a response. I did the same on PP. There's no need to get ugly.

They're hubs... they get rusty. There's nothing wrong with those hubs and it's a joke that you think someone would sell a brand new set of hubs... for well less than half of what they paid for them ($100 Shipped)... they're wheel bearings; not some esoteric component that may or may not get used. I was just trying to help ya out.

Mea Culpa...

But the customer is always right and I have absolutely no problem refunding you the money. Just send those back and you've got your refund.

Quick Reply: Need front hub assemblies