LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

SLP exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP exhaust question

I have a dual cat, stock SLP "Power-Flo" exhaust on my '96 Camaro SS and a buddy of mine is giving me a loudmouth exhaust off of his '94 Formula,well, I looked around but couldn't find anything that would tell me what modifications would have to be done to make it fit. HELP PLEASE!
Old 07-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Really!?....nobody!
Old 07-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Banned

The aftermarket SLP Loudmouth is 3" straight pipe that connects to the cat, runs all the way back to the car, then Y's off. A Loudmouth is pretty much straight pipes. The resonator muffler on the LM1 is empty... I mean empty. There is no restriction.

If youre car has a dual cat setup, I believe you will need to buy a Y Pipe.
Once the Y pipe is installed, you should be set to run the Loudmouth.
Stock Y Pipes are made to bolt up to the stock single cat system, just like the Loudmouth.
If you get both, you should be set.

Pacesetter makes Y Pipes and several other companies do to. Once you have the correct Y pipe, you can run any Catback you want. You might need to buy a Cat to fill in where the Single Cat was supposed to be.

Last edited by burnzilla; 07-25-2006 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think you will need to buy a whole new y pipe. It should fit with some fabrication, but shouldn't be too much. I would think all you would have to do is cut down some if the loudmouth system since it is made for a single cat car. I know to fit a loudmouth on a single cat car you need an extra piece of pipe so it shouldn't be much work at all to fit it to your car.

Do you wanna sell your old exhaust if you get the loudmouth? PM me with a price if you would sell it. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:14 PM
12 Second Club

the loudmouth was made for the ls1 cars. they all have the dual cat setup like the 96 and 97 lt-1 cars. nothing has changed. the single cat cars needed an S bend pipe. all you have to do is cut it off to make it look like the picture above where the resonator is at. you will need a reducer pipe made that goes from 3 inch down to stock size which i believe is 2.5 or 2.75". make sure this is the exhaust u want lol.....i personally think it sounds horrible on lt-1 cars. it pops and cackles and is just annoying. if u want i can post up sound clips of mine w/ cats and w/ headers.....let me know....
Old 07-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Schweet97Z
the loudmouth was made for the ls1 cars. ....
They never put a Loudmouth on a stock car as far as I know.

The first SLP exhaust came on the SS LT1 SLP Edition.
Newer LS1 SS SLP's had SLP exhaust, but they where NOT Loudmouth's.

Also, the Single cat Loudmouth for the LT1 is made to fit on perfect and it does, its a Stainless Bolt on System.

i personally think it sounds horrible on lt-1 cars. it pops and cackles and is just annoying.

In a vote here on LS1 between all of the Companies of Aftermarket exhaust's, the Loudmouth came in Second, only to the GMMG. ( True Duals )

With LT's and No cats, the LM1 gets raspy because there is basically no back pressure. That can be easily changed by changing the SLP Resonator Muffler to the borla, known as the 'Borlamouth', or any other straight muffler with more backpressure.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:16 PM
12 Second Club

i understand the loudmouth didnt come from the factory on f-bodys. i was simply stating that it was made aftermarket for the ls-1 cars, hence the reason y slp sells a seperate lt-1 kit, which very's between the year of the car. 96-97 f-cars 93-95 f-cars and as for you biased "i love the loudmouth" statement. it was my opinion. i had the loudmouth on my car, and it sucked. i got more negative comments on it than positive, and its a **** poor exhuast for the lt-1 cars. but thats my opinion, and thats it. if you like it then get it. i say buy an exhuast for the sound, not the couple hp difference between them. and another thing with this vote thing.....how many voters were ls-1 cars compared to lt-1 cars? ls1 cars sound 100x's better than lt-1 cars w/ the loudmouth. dont be pissed
Old 07-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Launching!

Schweet97Z was right. all you have to do is cut off that s pipe at the end of your buddies exhaust and use the correct reducer to make it fit the y. if youre gonna do headers and take them cats out it might not be a good idea. youre gonna get tired of that drone and all that poppin. my lm2 pops sometimes with headers...and i have a cat. im a little worried about takin my cat off and like i said...i have lm2. but you can always swap that resonator with a borla if its too loud/raspy.

now that i think about it...my post wasnt really necessary. everything i said had already been said by the guys before me. well, i guess you can think of it as reinforcement. should sound good though. mean as hell.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Banned

and as for you biased "i love the loudmouth"statement.

I said I liked it. I didnt say it was the best.
And I said under a large vote by users here @ LS1tech, it was highly preferred.

And even if I did, its just an opinion, just like your next statement...
Which by the way, is on the lesser side of that choice, with a thread a couple months back that went about 12 pages, about 80% of the people, including LS1 owners, preferred the Sound of an LT1.

Try and understand, that is not a fact, merely a majority of opinions.

Do you even understand what the word "Bias" means?
I do love my loudmouth, it sounds great.. so what?
Alot of exhausts do. How is that bias towards anything?

ls1 cars sound 100x's better than lt-1 cars w/ the loudmouth. dont be pissed
Why would I be pissed, its just your opinion.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:38 PM
12 Second Club

ok ur right.....im wrong....im done internet fighting....good night everyone.....SSCamaro2310 post back up w/e u decide. good luck.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys, I mean the exhaust is a freebie so i was gonna get it even if it didnt fit.
personally Racafella13's Z28 is the nastiest sounding car in the area with his LT1 loudmouth, you guys really helped me out ! thanks again.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 07-26-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Racafella13
But you are digging it huh.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

http://media.putfile.com/Loudmouth-w-manifolds-and-cats Loudmouth with manifolds and cats

http://www.lt1engine.com/soundlib/slploudmouth.mpg Loudmouth w/ Longtubes and ORY

http://www.lt1engine.com/soundlib/corsa1.mpg Corsa w/ Longtubes and ORY

its all into what you want. but i didnt like it because at idle w/ the longtubes, it made my car sound like a tractor. w/ manifolds and cats it sounded like it was underwater or something blowing bubbles. kinda of a girgle sounds to it. it popped and cackled all the time. just wasnt my kinda sound. it was loud as ***** though.....i would set off car alarms, and everyone knew when i was comming (which is another thing i didnt like) but some people like the attention. good luck w/ it bud.

Last edited by Schweet97Z; 07-26-2006 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm personally not a big fan of the Corsa, and I hate the Loudmouth too. It really just depends on how you like your car to sound guys, there's no right or wrong way. A lot of people like their cars loud as hell, and Loudmouth is great for that kind of exhaust (obviously, just look at the name of it). I prefer my exhaust note to be quieter and have a smoother tone, which is why my favorite catbacks are exhausts like the 2OTL.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSmoky01
But you are digging it huh.
hahah not gonna lie ..... The loudmouth sounds great at times and yes it does pop alot but if u know when its comin u give a little gas and it prevents it but my cousin whos giving SS camaro2310 the exhaust got long tube headers and it sounded horrible kind of like a million honda civics going threw a tunnel but stock it sounds awesome
Old 07-27-2006, 03:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

**** all this bullshit on sound....i have LT's, with an ORY, right to a cutout...and my cutout is NEVER closed....i love to be louder then any car on the road

Quick Reply: SLP exhaust question