LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Direct Port Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Direct Port Nitrous

This was posted in the Nitrous section but I know usually do not stray to far from this section of the Forums, So i thought it may give somebody some insight into a direct port setup.

When I did my research for direct port NOS LT1 I couldn't find any pics earlier this summer. After spending a few hours looking for the best solution this is what I came up with. After posting a few images of the completed 383 I have been asked a few times for images. I used a NOS Sportsman Direct Port Fogger System. After talking with NOS Tech Support they said this sytem was good for 300 HP. I was looking for 200 HP. I drilled the intake before I sent it out to be cleaned then I painted it. I used Loctite (Red) to make sure I wouldn't have any issues with vacume leaks. I am running a seperate fuel supply with a Holley Red Electric pump for the NOS. Have yet to run it due breaking the rearend breaking twice this summer. I will be running it soon because it will be getting to go on stands for a Ford 9" winter project.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:00 PM
12 Second Club

Looks nice and clean, Where did you pic up those valve covers by the way?
Old 09-22-2006, 07:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jditlfm
Looks nice and clean, Where did you pic up those valve covers by the way?
Thanks
Can't remember the manufacturer of the covers but I had to modify the passenger side to make room for the alternator. I had access to aluminum welder so it wasn't a big deal.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I asume you went direct for that baby shot for show purposes?????

Most serious nitrous users I have spoken to prefer not to use direct on such a small shot becaust the orafices get so small they could easily be plugged and if it is a fuel one rather than a whole engine being a little lean one cylinfder ends up increadibly lean and BANG.

It is almost routine for folks to throw a 200 shot at a stock shortblock.
Accel injectors SUCK, good luck there.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Staging Lane

Dont listen to Dwayne. His forum is down from saying these types of things.
looks great. I like it.
Dwayne, He is running a low pressure fuel. His fuel jets will be bigger than a 50 shot for a NX kit.
Also saying baby shot coming from someone who never has ran N2O, well I will leave that one alone.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:46 AM
11 Second Club

Troy you may not realize this but this is someone I WILL run into at the strip and maybe car shows, seen him around town a few times already and have already offered him some good info on how to go about modding the LT1, and offered my datalogging equipment/capabilities.

I did miss the dedicated fuel system and you make a good point about that.

Far as spray I may not have done it yet but trust me I have/am researching it, the only thing that has stopped me is, given what the car runs now the bottle will get me kicked off the track till I put a rollbar in it.

I know some of you like to pretend I am blindly negative but if you open your eyes you will see blind praise from SSSSSOOOOO many other that my objectivity and honesty come across as negative. For evidence of that I point you at the overwhelming praise a few 320rwhp STROKERS got on the other forum this summer.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

That is a nice/clean setup. Good work man.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

That does look good.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tbsimmons
Dont listen to Dwayne. His forum is down from saying these types of things.
looks great. I like it.
Dwayne, He is running a low pressure fuel. His fuel jets will be bigger than a 50 shot for a NX kit.
Also saying baby shot coming from someone who never has ran N2O, well I will leave that one alone.
Well I have been around long enough to that what Dwayne meant was that he really wants to go for a ride and when the Nitrous is fired he wants to say ohhhh baby.
I have been poking the idea around of trying to track him down one of these weekends and just bull **** and check each others rides out.
Its also not built to be a drag car. I show at car shows being that I am in a car club that has 28 members currently.
But also love the art of street racing.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

I will take you for a ride in my daily driver pig. With what you have into yours it should be a good bit more powerful even off the spray but my grandpa car will shock you. Mine is not a drag car but that is the only place I race, a month from now it will be driven to NJ for some racing out there if that tells you how much of a racecar it is not.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

Dwayne I know what you are saying but some people take you wrong, including me when you come across like that.
You should give Dwayne a ride, It will open his eyes about the bottle.
Also Dwayne I have a dedicated fuel system for N2O and ran a baby 150 shot on the stock motor. The new one I have not sprayed, still tuning the thing, but it will take and get more than 150. If you run N2O it will take more than you think to get to the rollbar level of 11.49. I bet around a 175 shot or so plus all the tuning.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:46 PM
11 Second Club

Have you kept up with how my car is doing??? 12.35 at +1100 da and here -1200 DA is entirely possible, that was full weight swaybars on and hooked up etc.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

I have. That DA is less than what I run at at my home track.
I ran 13.4 at 100 with the stock motor at over 2000'.
I always run the car how I drive it, full weight with exhaust.
The bottle if tuned right will open anyones eyes, trust me on this one.

Quick Reply: LT1 Direct Port Nitrous