LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Local PD harassment

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Local PD harassment

How much harassment do you guys receive from the police in your area? When driving around in pretty much any town in MA Im constantly followed. Just received my 3rd ticket for "squeeling tired".... damn 4.10s.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never in my life been tracked or pulled over. and im in CA!
Old 10-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

well in town i've learned to keep a good look out for cops and i try and keep it at low rpms so it's not too loud.... i learned my lesson when i was in san jose ca a few months ago at the street races and i did a 180 in a intersection to do a u turn, i recieved a $100 dollar ticket, a $350 charge i had to pay so i could do community service for 35 hrs, a misdameanor on my record and also 2yrs of court probation which means if i get another misdameanor ill b locked up for up to 6months .... ive learned that when i go to the street races to stay in a pack becuz usually a cop will try to go after a single car..... when im driving my vette tho they hardly look over, and it has completely blacked out out windows!!
Old 10-05-2006, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

About 0 unless I do something really stupid.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Veteran

i dont get how doing a 180 is a misdameanor. i just dont get how even screeching the tires slowly around a corner either can give you a ticket. they dont know what alot of hp means to street tires. if they dont want you doing that then slicks should be made DOT legal in the summer

Originally Posted by DropTopFireChKn
well in town i've learned to keep a good look out for cops and i try and keep it at low rpms so it's not too loud.... i learned my lesson when i was in san jose ca a few months ago at the street races and i did a 180 in a intersection to do a u turn, i recieved a $100 dollar ticket, a $350 charge i had to pay so i could do community service for 35 hrs, a misdameanor on my record and also 2yrs of court probation which means if i get another misdameanor ill b locked up for up to 6months .... ive learned that when i go to the street races to stay in a pack becuz usually a cop will try to go after a single car..... when im driving my vette tho they hardly look over, and it has completely blacked out out windows!!
Old 10-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

well i think it mighta made him mad that i left the intersection in a cloud of smoke i had a friend who had an 98 SS and tried to outrun a cop, he thot he could hang an off ramp at 120mph...needless to say the car was totalled but lucky as he is he actually lived and only had minor injuries!! of course they did catch him tho and he went to jail with a 3yr sentence and only served a little over a year...
Old 10-05-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

i get followed all the time...part of it has to do with my 3 other friends that have black LT1 t/a's, and they are crazy. That and im running longtubes, ORY, and a cutout lol(which is almost always open).
Old 10-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

i got pulled over rescently for not having a front license plate but directed the officer to the airdamn and got a written warning. He also commented by saying "your exhaust is very questionable" at the time i was also running longtube LTs, ORY, and open cut-out. If i had gotten pulled over for that I would have told him to stick his head under there knowing the car sits about an inch off the ground
Old 10-05-2006, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

My dad is a cop in my town so i don't get harrassed hell most of the cops race themselves!
Old 10-05-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This belongs in the "Garage" section of seatstaysup.com

Quick Reply: Local PD harassment