LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Newbie ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie ?

I have aquired an lt1 out of a 95 impalla ss. I want to put it into my 02 s10. I was wondering if it would be better to go carburatred or not. I have mechanical skills to do things. I can lower just about anything. I just don't have much motor knowledge. I don't need the thing to go a million miles an hour. Just a good driver with a lil getty up. Any help greatly appreciated.!
Thanks
Geoff
Old 02-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Teching In

is this not possible? or does no one want to help. at lest give me some direction please
Old 02-28-2007, 06:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NT LO ENF
I have aquired an lt1 out of a 95 impalla ss. I want to put it into my 02 s10. I was wondering if it would be better to go carburatred or not. I have mechanical skills to do things. I can lower just about anything. I just don't have much motor knowledge. I don't need the thing to go a million miles an hour. Just a good driver with a lil getty up. Any help greatly appreciated.!
Thanks
Geoff
For daily driving reliability I wouldn't really lean towards throwing a carb on the motor. How many miles are on the LT1 from the Impala? If you're just looking for a reliable daily driver with decent power-- look into some long tube headers, intake, 1.6 roller rockers, and a decent tune and you'll be more than happy with it.

You might have better luck in the hybrid section, there are quite a few S-10 owners that could point you in the right direction for doing the swap.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

if your gonna stay with fuel injection, which i would recomend or esle just get a carbureated 350, you need to have a high level of electrical skills. take it from someone who has done a LT1 swap. its not easy. but once you get it done, it is very nice and dependable and easy to tune. so if you are mostly mechanical and not electrical, i would recomend selling the LT1 and gettin an old 350. but if you need any help let me know.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Tahnks a bunch> I really had no clue where to start. Thanks for poniting me in the right direction!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you run an aftermarket computer like the Accell DFI fuel injection is easy.

Daren
Old 03-01-2007, 07:55 AM
Staging Lane

Ya there's no real point in running a carbed Lt1 just go with your standard SBC for that. The DFI setup is kind of pricy, but if you got the PCM and all the sensors with the Lt1 companies like painless make wiring harnesses for street rods and such. From what I've read I don't think you can do long tubes in a s-10 unless they're custom, but even just a stock Lt1 should have plenty for your needs.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lazlo
The DFI setup is kind of pricy, but if you got the PCM and all the sensors with the Lt1 companies like painless make wiring harnesses for street rods and such.
By the time you have purchased an aftermarket harness, had your computer recalibrated, and purchased new software you will be getting close to the price of DFI. I have also seen some pretty good deals on used DFI systems. The only way that I would use a factory computer is if I had to for class rules or State inspection.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Throw a Big Block in it if you want to go Carb..
Old 03-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Teching In

So which Accell DFI fuel injection system would I need? The one for an lt1? sorry i am completley new at this. And i have all of the computer stuff with the motor. And i want to be able to use my stock guages. Thanks for all the HELP!

Quick Reply: Newbie ?