LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 04:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem

Well i took my car out for the first time in about 2 months so i drove it over to the car wash, washed my car not the enigne or anything and when i was leaving i gave it a lil gas and it started to stutter real bad it only did it when i would get in to a lil when i was driving at low rpms it was fine i dont no what it is and it only happened for about 5 mins then was fine.....any ideas?
Old 03-11-2007, 05:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzin94
Well i took my car out for the first time in about 2 months so i drove it over to the car wash, washed my car not the enigne or anything and when i was leaving i gave it a lil gas and it started to stutter real bad it only did it when i would get in to a lil when i was driving at low rpms it was fine i dont no what it is and it only happened for about 5 mins then was fine.....any ideas?
mine kinda does the same thing but only occasionally and only from a dead stop or almost dead stop still havent figured it out yet.

if you have an auto heck even if you have a stick try something out for me and let me know what happens, do this run your car at crusing speed with the cruise controll on using cruise to maintain speed, bump the shifter into neutral or if you have a stick push the clutch in. dont touch the brake and let me know if the cruise system gets disabled or if it stays on and still trys to speed the car up? I have another thread with no responses from an auto only one guy with a 97 6 spd, either post here or in the thread called cruise controll hits revlimiter. thanks sorry for the hijack
Old 03-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Got the same problem man, look at my post, still trying to figure it out.

Cody
Old 03-11-2007, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Most likely you got your opti wet. Then once it dried out it was fine. You really shouldent take our cars through car washes, wash it by hand cause water spray can still get underneath the car and splash up and hit the opti.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it's back to normal, don't worry about it. Have a CAI? Maybe a little water was sucked up that's all.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:05 PM
12 Second Club

my car returned to normal after like 5 mins and acted fine since i just took it through a power washer so i guss it got it a lil on the opti and i420tom ill try that for u the next time i have my car out
Old 03-13-2007, 08:35 PM
12 Second Club

now my car seems to take awhile to to start up do u think i messed up my opti ...after it starts its fine ...any ideas....
Old 03-13-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine doesnt stutter after the rain but hesitate on idle till stuff dries up.... new motor btw
Old 03-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by i420tom
mine kinda does the same thing but only occasionally and only from a dead stop or almost dead stop still havent figured it out yet.

if you have an auto heck even if you have a stick try something out for me and let me know what happens, do this run your car at crusing speed with the cruise controll on using cruise to maintain speed, bump the shifter into neutral or if you have a stick push the clutch in. dont touch the brake and let me know if the cruise system gets disabled or if it stays on and still trys to speed the car up? I have another thread with no responses from an auto only one guy with a 97 6 spd, either post here or in the thread called cruise controll hits revlimiter. thanks sorry for the hijack
sorry for continuing to hijack but when i push in the clutch my cruise goes off sounds like your neutral saftey switch
back to the topic i took mine through the automatic car wash to spray up underneath to get the salt off of it not thinking about the opti and now i need a new one