LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Jet-Hot ORY owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Jet-Hot ORY owners

I just got the Jet-Hot LT's and ORY in the other night and the freaken Y-Pipe bangs like heck. Anyone else running this setup and have banging issues? or know how to fix them? My old Pacesetter LT/ORY setup on my '95 banged every now and then but not like this does. It originally banged but I was able to move the pipes around sorta to fix it but the Jet-Hot setup is all flanged so I dont see how to fix it much because on the driver's side the ORY where it connects to the collector is about 1/8" inch below the Trans mount.
Maybe time for TD's, the Magnaflow is way too quiet anyways.

Last edited by StealthFormula; 06-12-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like how all these jet hot threads come up after I buy them! DAMMIT...... I'll be checking this thread
Old 06-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Teching In

I have had mine on for over a year and have not had a problem. I did have to remove the chassis bracket, the one that is at the end of the Y-pipe. I plan on making a new one to fit around the Y.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Teching In

I had this problem with mine a little bit, but it was the top of the header flange hitting the floorboard, not the ypipe.
I went to the exhaust shop and my friend and i pulled down the pipe where it was hitting and stuffed a piece of rubber against it and the floorboard. I think it was the rubber used for hangers possibly. Im not sure...
Old 06-14-2007, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

On my mufflex Y with hooker LT's I have this problem currently, however it was a bit worse than you describe yours. The driver side header pointed straight into the trans mount. If we tried to put up the Y, we actually had to pry the header down about 1/2" to even get the pipe to clear.

We took the trans mount off and cut off the outer lip with a grinder, use some pretty aggressive BFH modification to the top of the Y, and still had to put a small peice of padding above it. Now it bangs every once in a while, but nothing like it did when we first started it.

We're also going to pull it down and weld the three peice Y-pipe so I dont have as many clamps on it, and hopefully cure some minor exhaust leaks.

-Josh
Old 06-14-2007, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowGreenTA
On my mufflex Y with hooker LT's I have this problem currently, however it was a bit worse than you describe yours. The driver side header pointed straight into the trans mount. If we tried to put up the Y, we actually had to pry the header down about 1/2" to even get the pipe to clear.

We took the trans mount off and cut off the outer lip with a grinder, use some pretty aggressive BFH modification to the top of the Y, and still had to put a small peice of padding above it. Now it bangs every once in a while, but nothing like it did when we first started it.

We're also going to pull it down and weld the three peice Y-pipe so I dont have as many clamps on it, and hopefully cure some minor exhaust leaks.

-Josh
I'll probaly have to do the same.

How did you guys install the flanges?? I went in the order: Long Tubes flange, that metal piece included, gasket, then Y-Pipe flange. My connections are leaking so Im assuming I did that wrong?
Old 06-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Teching In

I'm getting ready to put my Jet-Hot Y-pipe on tonight. I don't think that you need the metal piece, just put the gasket between the two flanges. I cut the lip on my crossmember last night, today I'm going to flatten the Y-pipe a little more. If I get this installed and working, I'll let you know how I did it.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Launching!

I've had my jethots and hooker ypipe for 3 years and it has never banged. I took the tranny crossmember off and grinded it down though, this could be your problem.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Gah, the bane of my existance LOL
The Y pipe bounces between my DS loop and TA crossmember.
It's been driving me nuts for months.

I'll get around to fixing it eventually
Old 06-15-2007, 02:58 AM
Launching!

yup.....same prob here. y-pipe bangs the HELL outta the driver's floorboard, even after I trimmed the lip on the trans cross member. I relocated the bolt that retains the fuel lines in that area, but it still hits the y, and it's to the point that it's rubbed a small hole in my y. I was lazy and didn't rig up an exhaust hanger for the y either, so my y-pipe also rattles on the floorboard cross-member thing.

I could flatten out the y some more and/or try prying/tweaking the header, and I've also heard of the half *** wedged rubber fix, but I'm too lazy for either. I'll just custom fab some true duals when the stroker goes in.