LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Turn Signal Lever problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 04:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turn Signal Lever problem

alright well after replacing my fuel pump today... i get the car back on the road and my turn signal lever magically just breaks... like the mount that holds it in place so you can use turn signals and turn on the brights just broke out of place and a part of the bracket fell in to my lap... is this a job to let someone else do? or can i fix it myself?
Old 11-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you need a new actuator, take apart the collum(sp), the plast peice surrounding the lever, you need a whole new peice for the dealer. My old 110k 94 z28 had the same issue. Well rather it didnt break off but It was a PITA to try to get the car to click on the high beams.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how do you take apart the column tough? doesnt the steering wheel have to come off and all that good stuff?
Old 11-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly for me its been a while, id get a Helms manual, or check online, prob shoebox has pics.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow i do not want go to through GM for this... but i went to Autozone, advanced auto, napa, o'reilly's, and a couple locally owned parts stores... nobody could find a thing for it at all... and they all said to go through gm
so my wallet is about to get raped
Old 11-18-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have the same problem with the h-beams but i just hit the lever really hard with my hand and they turn of i dont have a problem turning them on tho
Old 11-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a somewhat similar problem myself this weekend. I was installing a new Grant steering wheel, and I was looking at the column while I was in there. I had been having a problem with the high beams, had to pull the lever really hard to ge them to come on. While I was doing this, a plastic piece fell out of the column. I could no longer flip the high beams on ate. I spent about 2 hours just looking at it to see where the piece went back in. I finally figured it out, and now my brights work like normal again, switch wise.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmmm... well my whole switch and lever just like fell out of place... and i can put the lever back in that controls the wipers and all that stuff and it works... but i cant get the turn signals and brights/lows control to work because it is out of the place where it should be because the brace that holds it in place broke....
any ideas on what part i need, or how to go about working on it with the airbags being there and all... id rather not be workin on it and the bags go off in my face...
Old 11-20-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anybodY?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can pull the battery's negative cable and let it sit over night, that would definitely rob the airbag of any juice. Other than that, I can't be of much help. I can fix things like this, but I have to have it in front of me and study it for awhile. I don't know of any good guides or pictures for that matter, personally.