LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

help me understand/use and pick a wideband A/F set up

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help me understand/use and pick a wideband A/F set up

Totally new to wideband. I have anew motor I'm putting in my car. Before it goes in I am planning on running a spray through the old motor and ensuring its good to go on new motor. New 255 fuel pump on the side. Looking to run propane on the fuel side of the wet kit. Still researching how to bump fuel preasure like a dry kit. This way its a three way dance on the spray. I want to make sure its staying in the proper A/F range. I was recomended to run a wide band instead of the narrowband I had planned to run. Problem is; more i read, the less I know it seems. So looking for some paths to take. New motor is a basic Balanced, blue printed 355, with 305 cam, gasket matched heads, intake and headers. Basic performance valve job. Computer to be sent off and programmed. 2800 stall (unless it sells) then it will be a 3500. 3:42's. Realistic basic bolt on stuff , common. Spray will be the odd shot on the track,(maybe run 30lb ls1 injectors, but read its not worth my time unless computer is reflashed for it) car is a pleasure toy I maybe put 300 a week on it. Cruise in's , track time, or enjoyable movie retriever. Looking to spray around 100-125 on the car. Any help?
Old 05-25-2008, 08:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

LS1 injectors are rated at higher pressure, those are not going to be hardly any bigger than stockers when run at LT1 pressure.

Your idea of jacking fuel pressure with a wet kit is overcomplicating things needlessly and since you want to run propane for the enrichment really makes no sense.

Did you buy the 305 cam under the mistaken belief that you needed a rediculously wide LSA for such a tiny shot of nitrous??

Gasket matching the stock stuff is not a good idea unless FULL porting is done, creates a fat spot in the middle of the port causing air to slow down and then speed back up, most small shops "performance valvejobs" wont be as good as the stock one.

You know the track is not going to want the propane and nitrous bottles both in the back of the car?? Look up the rules.

I like the Innovate Wideband though I have not used it enough. Pretty simple to use, hardest thing is probably wiring it and even that is just 4 wires.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...4&page=1&pp=20