LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

possible aftermarket cam

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 01:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Default possible aftermarket cam

we just pulled out my stock cam, or so we thought, we cant find a gm logo on it or anything. it looks pretty big. we got some numbers off of it if anyone can decode it for me. 241CPC BC1
Old 06-08-2008, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

bump for the morning
Old 06-08-2008, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are the numbers on the end of it or on the side? Is it billet or cast?
Old 06-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easiest way is to measure the cam lobes. To determine lift you measure the largest (thickest) then the smallest. Subtract smallest from largest and the result is the cam lift.

Take cam lift, and multiply by 1.5 and you have valve lift...stock is .450"/.460" if greater it will be after market cam.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:41 PM
12 Second Club

^Good call on his part. I did not think of that.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stock cams also have a weird texture to them between the lobes. like tiny sqaures or w/e
Old 06-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Badazz 97 TA
stock cams also have a weird texture to them between the lobes. like tiny sqaures or w/e
Problem is regrinds will also have this same design. If someone does want a regrind
Deltacam is best ~$130 shipping both ways
Old 06-08-2008, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

Because they are billet.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:44 AM
11 Second Club

well looks likt its stock then. it does have those squares. and the numbers are on the front
Old 06-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ElkySS
well looks likt its stock then. it does have those squares. and the numbers are on the front
Remember a regrind will LOOK stock. Measure the lift 90 degree apart...not hard to do and you might be surprised to have a cam that is already reground. If not you can have one ground at Delta...I just ordered two solid grinds today

Like I said the stock cam is a great core I had a 224/224 and a 230/230 .570/.570" solid cams made so don't look at your stock cam as junk but as potential jewel in the rough.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never really understood cam regrinds and how they make them bigger. Could someone go into detail on it, or link to details? Do they lose duration or some such?
Old 06-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Formula350
I've never really understood cam regrinds and how they make them bigger. Could someone go into detail on it, or link to details? Do they lose duration or some such?
The information is available on line. No can summarize the information you seek in 2 sentences, and I seriously doubt you would read even 2 sentences.

I know because given a free calculator and being told to read the help file you continued to post 'bugs' that the ~125 word help file explained.

So no I won't feed you anymore. Giving a man a fish will provide him a meal, teaching him to fish will feed him for a lifetime!

LEARN to fish use google and READ. Babies get spoon fed, if you want to be viewed as mature then start being self sufficient.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BattleShip
The information is available on line. No can summarize the information you seek in 2 sentences, and I seriously doubt you would read even 2 sentences.

I know because given a free calculator and being told to read the help file you continued to post 'bugs' that the ~125 word help file explained.

So no I won't feed you anymore. Giving a man a fish will provide him a meal, teaching him to fish will feed him for a lifetime!

LEARN to fish use google and READ. Babies get spoon fed, if you want to be viewed as mature then start being self sufficient.
*sigh* I generally do use google, but figured someone here might have a good line on a site, or maybe good info in general.

I'm SOOO sorry I hurt your feelings by not reading that help button, but no reason to be an *** towards me over it. It's just a very very rare occasion I need to read the Help section on a computer program. It's either straight forward enough, or something I can figure out pretty easily.

As for reading, I guarantee I'd read more than 2 sentences, or 2 paragraphs, or 2 pages! Every thread I post in I read every reply before I make my own.

Maybe you should take your new found philosophy to the rest of the people here, like those TB threads that are coming out of the wood work, or maybe anyone else that's simply looking for info that can most likely be found from a google search. The reason we ask here, instead of maybe doing the research ourself, isn't because it's easier to just have someone tell you it but because it's better to get the information from a person who you can ask questions about what they said.

Hopefully next week you've stopped bleeding and calmed down a bit.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Banned

I don't need to act like an E Thug, but since you are ignorant, powerless and live with mommy it is obvious you do.

Good luck you need it

I knew you were special when you did NOT know the difference between reliability and liability when you wrote me repeatedly to burn proms for you.

You wrote

...I'm pretty broke now and live with parents, and still need to find out what the hell is all done to my motor (found out it's been worked on).

My reply was

"I am Control Engineer. Sorry I only program in person and then only for friends because of the liability...Good luck "

And your priceless reply

"heh Like I'd ever hold anyone reliable for help. What about at least just burning the file for me then?"

Mommys callng...so keep sucking her tit and leave this alone.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't need to act like an E Thug, but since you are ignorant, powerless and live with mommy it is obvious you do.

Good luck you need it

I knew you were special when you did NOT know the difference between reliability and liability when you wrote me repeatedly to burn proms for you.

You wrote

...I'm pretty broke now and live with parents, and still need to find out what the hell is all done to my motor (found out it's been worked on).

My reply was

"I am Control Engineer. Sorry I only program in person and then only for friends because of the liability...Good luck "

And your priceless reply

"heh Like I'd ever hold anyone reliable for help. What about at least just burning the file for me then?"

lol Good luck trying to get to me, won't happen. As for E-Thug, you're the only one playing that card right now. And since you feel the need to hijack the thread, I'll play along. Since you wouldn't help tune a PROM, where the liability lies (when did I say reliable?), I figured just burning a tune I already created wouldn't be much of an issue. Seeing as others have done it for me, I sadly misplaced the guys name on here who did my last ones. How I could hold you liable, wouldn't even make sense. Since you can send post with no return address, and I'm sure as hell not going to ask the mods for you IP address, find out your ISP, call them to find out who you are, just so I could drag you to court over something stupid like my ECM burning out or even some sort of failure to my motor. I also wouldn't call PMing you a whole TWO times "repeatedly", then again you do like blowing things out of proportion. Yes, I'm currently with my parents, want to get into my mental health and find out why? I mean I only ask because you sound so interested in my personal life!

You should maybe trim down the ego a bit, would make you look less full of yourself.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Banned

As for reading, I guarantee I'd read more than 2 sentences, or 2 paragraphs, or 2 pages! Every thread I post in I read every reply before I make my own.
Yet some how you can't find reliable in this thread?

And your priceless reply

So much for reading every reply. You INCLUDED the missing word in your reply! I am done anyone that makes as many mistakes as you is not worth a reply

BYE
Old 06-09-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yet some how you can't find reliable in this thread?

So much for reading every reply. You INCLUDED the missing word in your reply! I am done anyone that makes as many mistakes as you is not worth a reply

BYE
pffahahah I make a word mistake (similar to a typo considering I know the difference between them) and am then labeled as not knowing the difference between words. Who's the ignorant one? I believe that would be you for jumping to conclusions.

And sure, I'll admit I didn't read over quoted material from PMs.

Yes, goodbye.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Banned

First he says he reads EVERYTHING, then well I didn't see that, then well you can't expect me to read and understand what I post?

WTF? You are an IDIOT and I didn't need you to prove it--but thanks for the clarity!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

The one thing I dont like about this forum is people will try to battle over anything. He had a simple question which could have been replied to in a respectful manner even telling him he needs to do the research. But alas thats the internet even the rude can reply without consequences
Old 06-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jarendt31
The one thing I dont like about this forum is people will try to battle over anything. He had a simple question which could have been replied to in a respectful manner even telling him he needs to do the research. But alas thats the internet even the rude can reply without consequences
Problem is too many tards and people covering for them. Is why >20 yr olds live with mommy. Started when we didn't let them fail a test in school now they fail at life!

Reality suxs just tell some they ARE idiots...

Quick Reply: possible aftermarket cam