Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

DON'T waste your time on the Drill Mod OR Wrapping your Line...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 05:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exclamation DON'T waste your time on the Drill Mod OR Wrapping your Line...

...because the Tick Performance Adjustable Clutch Master Kit eliminates the need to do either!

We just got our newest shipment of UNRESTRICTED Lines in (that eliminate the need for the drill mod) and this time we added a very good looking, very effective High Temperature Resistant line wrap.

No, the line wrap ISN'T needed, just cheap insurance against high fluid temperatures. We've not had nor heard of anyone having problems with boiling their fluid in our line. Best of all, even though this addition cuts into our profit margin, we're not raising the price of the kit. With everything else in the world going through price increases, we want to keep our stuff affordable for anybody.

For those of you that already have our kit: there is no need to upgrade to this newer line! Since our cylinder flows more fluid than the stocker, as long as you've got your line routed away from the header, you won't have a fluid boiling problem. We didn't add this wrap out of necessity - you guys are good with what you've got - I promise.

Just another example of Tick Performance and TICKshift.com giving you guys more for your money!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice!!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default !!!!!!

I will be looking over your website this weekend. And then calling you next week. I am very interested in the kit for 01 fbody.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are awesome!!! You will be getting an order from me sometime soon.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

can i use it with factory hydrolics ?

thanks.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

Do you guys make an adjustable MC for 93-97 T56s? Just bought a street twin and looking for a resonably priced adjustable MC.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Launching!

Very interesting product!
Old 10-25-2008, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What DOT fluid do you recommend?

I'm about to spend a lot of money with you guys hah.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

subscr
Old 10-25-2008, 07:03 PM
9 Second Club

Very intrested in this will be in touch soon.This might be the thing that keeps me from going to a auto tranny set up.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

Damn, I just spent an hour under my car wrapping the my clutch line after the Tick Master install.

It was close to the headers and causing fluid degradation, but there was no other way to route the clutch line on my C5.

ahhhhhhhhh, oh well, its all good now tho.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:53 AM

Looks good!
Also curious if the line can be ordered seperately and used with the stock master.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

The line pictured would not work with a stock master. It'd need a straight fitting instead of the 90* one, and would also need an adapter to be used with the factory roll pin/o-ring setup. McLeod makes such a creature, and is what I have been using for the past couple of years with my stock and Ram adjustable stock master cylinders. It'll be departing the car hopefully today if I can get around to installing my new Tick unit.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thanks for the kind words guys! We're always looking for ways to give you all more for your money.
Originally Posted by Jonez_z
Do you guys make an adjustable MC for 93-97 T56s? Just bought a street twin and looking for a resonably priced adjustable MC.
We have shipped a few of these to LT1 owners, but we haven't finalized the kit for them yet. Expect an official release for them sometime very soon.
Originally Posted by Grifter
What DOT fluid do you recommend?

I'm about to spend a lot of money with you guys hah.
We actually just use DOT3, same old stuff that came factory in these cars. There are much better fluids out there, but caveat emptor: you only want to run fluid that is compatible with the factory hydraulics, since you're keeping the stock slave cylinder. We've seen no reason the upgrade the fluid.
Originally Posted by Tripintaz
Damn, I just spent an hour under my car wrapping the my clutch line after the Tick Master install.

It was close to the headers and causing fluid degradation, but there was no other way to route the clutch line on my C5.

ahhhhhhhhh, oh well, its all good now tho.
I'm glad you got it wrapped and taken care of, headers seem to be the worst enemy of hydraulic clutch setups. The Corvette kits now come with a wrapped line, as well.
Originally Posted by MeentSS02
The line pictured would not work with a stock master. It'd need a straight fitting instead of the 90* one, and would also need an adapter to be used with the factory roll pin/o-ring setup. McLeod makes such a creature, and is what I have been using for the past couple of years with my stock and Ram adjustable stock master cylinders. It'll be departing the car hopefully today if I can get around to installing my new Tick unit.
That is correct - these lines are compatible only with the Tick Performance master cylinder. I know the kit isn't as cheap as a stock replacement master, but guys $319.99 is a small price to pay to solve shifting problems that keep you from enjoying your car as it was meant to be enjoyed.

BTW - get that thing installed Steve! Jeez, you've had it forever now.

Last edited by Joey@Tick; 10-27-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Can't wait to see the adjustable MC for the LT1 cars.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf
That is correct - these lines are compatible only with the Tick Performance master cylinder. I know the kit isn't as cheap as a stock replacement master, but guys $319.99 is a small price to pay to solve shifting problems that keep you from enjoying your car as it was meant to be enjoyed.
I don't have any shifting problem as my car sits right now, but the insulated line seemed like it would be worth it for extra insurance. Any plans on a raplacement for the factory line?
Old 10-27-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I need one of these! I've got to get my unit up there soon to have Jonathan look at it.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I don't have any shifting problem as my car sits right now, but the insulated line seemed like it would be worth it for extra insurance. Any plans on a raplacement for the factory line?
None at all. The factory hydraulics are junk - doing the drill mod to the factory line and wrapping it are like putting a band aid on a gunshot wound: it might help for a while, but it doesn't fix the huge problem.
Originally Posted by blu1
I need one of these! I've got to get my unit up there soon to have Jonathan look at it.
Bring it by anytime!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just to update everyone: the pics below are the latest versions of the Tick Performance Adjustable Master Cylinder kits, both for the C5 Corvette and the LS1 F-Body. ALL KITS are now shipping with the heat wrapped lines.

CORVETTE:

F-BODY:

Old 10-27-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf
Just to update everyone: the pics below are the latest versions of the Tick Performance Adjustable Master Cylinder kits, both for the C5 Corvette and the LS1 F-Body. ALL KITS are now shipping with the heat wrapped lines.

CORVETTE:

F-BODY:

Hi Joey,

I am then expecting to receive mine this Wednesday with the update, correct??

Christian

Quick Reply: DON'T waste your time on the Drill Mod OR Wrapping your Line...