Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mcleod RST and Tick Adj. M/C

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Mcleod RST and Tick Adj. M/C

I recenlty had Speed Inc. install a Mcleod RST twin disk clutch, GM slave, and Tick Performace Adj. M/C and my car is much more enjoyable to drive. The new RST is very smooth and feels much more solid compared to my old LS7 setup. And the Tick Adj. M/C works flawlessly. The pedal is a little firmer than stock which I like but, nothing that is going to kill the Average Joe's left leg. All in all I am very happy with the new setup and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice reliable setup with good street manners.

Last edited by DTB_LS1; 11-06-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Teching In

Default RST McLeod

I'm seriously looking at this same clutch for my vehicle.

Tell me all the details you can regarding this clutch.

Pedal pressure
Pulling out at low rpm from a light
Can you power shift this?
How high can you shift it (RPM)
Chatter?
Smooth engagement?

Details, Details, Details, Please!!!!!

Thanks a ton.

Larry
Old 11-07-2008, 11:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad you're liking our Master Kit - they really make literally every single car we've put them on shift like a different animal.

Enjoy it buddy! Thank you for the feedback.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Clutch833
I'm seriously looking at this same clutch for my vehicle.

Tell me all the details you can regarding this clutch.

Pedal pressure
Pulling out at low rpm from a light
Can you power shift this?
How high can you shift it (RPM)
Chatter?
Smooth engagement?

Details, Details, Details, Please!!!!!

Thanks a ton.

Larry
1. The pedal pressure is a little firmer than stock but not bad at all. I actually like the stiffer pedal. This is mostly because I'm running the Tick Performance Adj. Master. Bigger bore + moving more fluid = Stiffer pedal.

2. Pulliing out at a light is 10x easier with the RST compared to my LS7 clutch. I think this is because the RST has less rotational mass. If I wanted I could start out in 2nd gear from a stop with no problems.

3. I haven't power shifted it yet but I'm 100% positive that it will be awsome when I start to bang gears. This clutch is designed to hold a lot of power so I'm sure power shifting will be a breeze.

4. Not sure how high you can shift it but, I plan to shift at 6700 at the track.

5. The RST is very quiet, there is virtually no chatter.

6. Engagement is smooth as glass.

I would recommend this clutch to anyone that is looking for a very reliable setup that will hold a ton of power and has excellent street manners. I hope this info. helps and I'll post and update once I can get my car to the track to really bang some gears.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Teching In

You may have just sold me on it.

I'd really like to know how it powershifts. I've heard that some twin clutches don't like to be powershifted. They don't always release quick enought.

Obviously by powershifting, I'm talking about hitting the gas WOT and never taking your foot off when hitting the clutch....let the rev limiter catch the engine....if it must.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Clutch833
You may have just sold me on it.

I'd really like to know how it powershifts. I've heard that some twin clutches don't like to be powershifted. They don't always release quick enought.

Obviously by powershifting, I'm talking about hitting the gas WOT and never taking your foot off when hitting the clutch....let the rev limiter catch the engine....if it must.
I would also recommend that you give the guys at Speed Inc. a call. They reccommend the clutch to me and their prices are awsome. They could probably answer your powershifting question too. Fraser at Speed Inc. is running an RST in his TT GTO and I believe they have a few other people making big power and running this clutch. Good luck, you won't be disappointed.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have to use their flywheel?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Banned

Yes DTB did use a Mcleod billet flywheel

I'm sure you could use the RST with the factory LS1 flywheel, i'd like to test it first and have a car with few thousand miles before I can validate that. However, it would only work with LS1 flywheel, I wouldnt' recommend using the clutch with a used flywheel. Which I worry by endorsing using factory flywheel peopel will do.

so its alot easier for me to permote using a Mcleod flywheel. Very little cost savings by sourcing another flyweel.

The RST works properly with a Mcleod flywheel, so if one was to have an issue, lot out of the equation if you are using McLeod parts.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a brand new billet spec . thats why I asked
Old 11-18-2008, 06:44 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got another question about flywheels. Can I use the Fidanza flywheel with it? Mine has less than 500 miles on it, and no hard launches.

Quick Reply: Mcleod RST and Tick Adj. M/C