Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Please help me figure this out !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please help me figure this out !!!

I am seriously to the point of selling my car or lighting it on fire....Ok, i have a built t56, cartek clutch, (recently installed Tick master,slave) .....I got the tranny rebuilt 6+ months ago and it has been great, at the time , i had the cartek adj. master and slave, no problems, i noticed a very small leak on the bottom of the tail housing where it seals and bolts up, pulled tranny, un bolted tail housing, cleaned old gasket, resealed and bolted back the tailhousing, put tranny back in.....Ever since that, it has been a complete bitch to get into FIRST and REVERSE from a stop, no grinding, just really hard to get in, have to go into other gears to get either in gear.... BTW, every gear is butter smooth and i have zero problems with high rpm shifts.... So we bled , and bled, and bled, readjusted old master, was a little better for like 1 day and then back to the way it was. Figured it was the hydrolics, got the new Tick master , slave, remote bleeder, put in, same problem with going into first and reverse form a stop, same thing, once its in , just as long as the clutch stays in , i can go in and out of every gear and back to 1st with no problem, let clutch out, horse **** starts all over again, PLEASE HELP ME
Old 07-21-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

Please, anyone !!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, it sounds like you have not solved your hydraulic problem. The clutch is dragging. You don't feel it in other gears because the car is moving and the synchronizers have meat to them. That will change as they wear.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put car on flat ground in first gear and rev car to red line. If it moves forward at all, your clutch is not disengaging. I have the tick master and it solved all my issues. Put you have to adjust it enough to disengage clutch.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Resident

I have adjusted the master 20 different ways , we have also did the first gear rev on a flat surface and it does not roll.....We are beginning to think that the clutch disc got bent or something else with the clutch got damaged when we were putting the tranny back in that time, i remember it seeming like it was gettin hung up or bumpin the clutch when we were trying to get it lined up, have to pull it again to find out
Old 07-23-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

The more i analize everything, it is harder to get into any gear from a stop
Old 07-24-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Come on fellas, any suggestions
Old 07-24-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

61 damn views and no comments...WTF
Old 07-27-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

TTT....anyone
Old 07-27-2009, 03:20 PM
FormerVendor

A bent disc could do this...that's true. It is rare but I have seen people catch the diaphragm fingers with the input-shaft during install and damage the finger or pivot as a result and that would affect release. The down side is that either of these issues would affect release in all gears (though it seems that you are thinking you may be seeing difficulty in more than just first and reverse now). But, if the car doesn't roll on flat ground in gear when reving it is unlikely that this is an issue of release...which should rule the disc and plate out as the culprit. Of course anything is possible...I say pull it out and check the parts. Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks alot , we plan on pulling it this weekend.....Ill post any new info , God i hope we can find something thats obvious, ive been talking with Tick, D&D perf. and many other, and no one has a clue, starting to get real damn frustrating
Old 07-28-2009, 08:45 AM
FormerVendor

Good deal! If you were closer I would come by and help you all...but NC is a little too far for a day trip! Good luck with everything...