Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster lvl 3 & Tick lvl 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Monster lvl 3 & Tick lvl 2

Just had my trans rebuilt by Tick with their level 2 rebuild kit. I also got the Monster level 3 clutch with the chromoly flywheel. Installed both on Sat and I am in LOVE... lol Since I bought the car it had trans issues but it wasnt hindering drivability so I drove it, the wife really got to perfect her shifting and starting going on an incline etc. So I waited to get this all done mainly for that reason, well its all done and installed put 50 break in miles and the Trans shifts like Butter and the Clutch is Flawless... The clutch chatters but not as bad as I would have thought due to all the people complaining that it is unbearable, I dont find it to be that bad at all. I would like to give a BIG THANKS to both these companies for putting together great parts at great prices. I am extremely pleased with the way my car is now no grinding while shifting into 3 and 4 and now the new clutch and flywheel. I will keep you guys informed more while I put some more miles on her!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aweome man! Tick has done all my work and will continue to use them! Jonathan knows his stuff!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:27 AM
FormerVendor

Once you break her in, the chatter should go away....ENJOY!
Old 08-07-2009, 05:19 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks a ton for choosing us and Tick, those guys kick *** and our clutches aren't so bad either.

Gen414 is correct, that chatter will go away with mileage.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the exact same stuff going into my car during this week. Like you my tranny has been far from perfect for a while now, and like yours it was still drivable so I managed. I hope that everything works as perfect as yours does when it's all done. Thank you to Tick and Monster for getting all my stuff to me by today! Should have everything all done by next week. Customer service from both companies is second to none and they have earned a lifetime customer, thanks again to Joey and Steve you guys are awesome! I highly reccommend them to anyone looking to buy parts for their tranny or if your in the market for a new clutch!
Old 08-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blk98ls1
I have the exact same stuff going into my car during this week. Like you my tranny has been far from perfect for a while now, and like yours it was still drivable so I managed. I hope that everything works as perfect as yours does when it's all done. Thank you to Tick and Monster for getting all my stuff to me by today! Should have everything all done by next week. Customer service from both companies is second to none and they have earned a lifetime customer, thanks again to Joey and Steve you guys are awesome! I highly reccommend them to anyone looking to buy parts for their tranny or if your in the market for a new clutch!
I hope so too!!! I have put just under 200 miles on the setup since the install and LOVE it.. Its a hole new MONSTER now that the tranny doesnt have any issues and the Clutch is spot on
Old 08-11-2009, 04:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Blk98ls1
Thank you sir!

We're only as good as our customers allow us to be.

Originally Posted by Tweak213
I hope so too!!! I have put just under 200 miles on the setup since the install and LOVE it.. Its a hole new MONSTER now that the tranny doesnt have any issues and the Clutch is spot on
Very nice!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

i got the level 3 monster clutch too, lol

how much did that tick rebuild cost you? im looking at them for my SS, actually

thanks
Old 08-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GothMetalForever
i got the level 3 monster clutch too, lol