Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

tick master...?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tick master...?

I just installed a spec stage 3, centerforce flywheel, new slave and new tick master....

I did take out the pedal spring and my slave measurements came out to 1/8th less than the pressure plate but i had to use a home built shim.

It took like ten min to bleed the master and i started out with the pedal adjusted all the way down....like a full inch of throw....now the question is...

Q, is the pedal suppost to still be that stiff?

Q, how much travel is there ABOUT going to be? about the same as stock? less then stock?

thanks
Old 08-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Launching!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ttranssam
I just installed a spec stage 3, centerforce flywheel, new slave and new tick master....

I did take out the pedal spring and my slave measurements came out to 1/8th less than the pressure plate but i had to use a home built shim.

It took like ten min to bleed the master and i started out with the pedal adjusted all the way down....like a full inch of throw....now the question is...

Q, is the pedal suppost to still be that stiff?

Q, how much travel is there ABOUT going to be? about the same as stock? less then stock?

thanks
yes the clutch pedal be stiffer, much stiffer.

and the travel will be about 1- 1.50 inchs less travel than stock.
make sure you can rev the engine up to about 5500 on level ground and the car should NOT MOVE, i left my settings loose and made adjustments after the driving the vehicle and finding my sweet spot.

i have one of the first tick master cylinder "batch" i put one of the newer masters cylinders in my gf's camaro and it was about the same as far as travel and feel/stiff

hope this helps, and the guys over at Tick will be glad to help you with any questions you may want to call them and double check.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i just took it out for the first test drive and........no good? it seems to be working good but theres no way i will ever be able to shift my car at wot! i didnt go past 2grand but its still clickey as **** i can just tell there will still be that small grinde inbetween all gears

the pedal seems almots at the stock spot, a little less but not much.
is this master that easy to bleed? it really only took ten min MAX? im gunna try ti put the pedal a little lower just in case abd ill try to bleed it a few more times just in case but it is all the way blead

btw the stock mc feels very spongy....there is none of that with this master...
Old 08-08-2009, 04:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just installed my tick master as well. Havent had a chance to drive it or fully adjust it, but wow this thing is firm! Travel seems like it is going to be a lot less as well.

I recommend bench bleeding it first. I did, saved a lot of time as does the remote bleeder. If you have the remote bleeder, just remember to keep the bleeder higher than the slave cylinder
Old 08-08-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

no i got it blead, and very quickly but i did the rev test and the car moves? so i adjust it out and it moves....so at this point its very close to the old pedal spot i have not tryed the rev test again cus the car is home and i have a gravel driveway...but is this also cus its a sne spec 3 with 50 miles on it?
Old 08-08-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh, and i think my problem is my trans it always goes from gear to gear but with a click in the middle, like it has to fall in the bridge first.....again i have not shifted WOT yet due to the clutch
Old 08-08-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I didn't realize you were so close to me - I'm between Minooka and Morris!...with a gravel drive as well

I'm not as familiar with the LS1 style Spec clutches, but is it possible it needs more shim? Did you replace the slave when you did the clutch swap?
Old 08-08-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

see, in most cases the shim is bad...this weekend me n a few buddys were gunna go for a cruise you should come out....im on rt.6

Quick Reply: tick master...?