Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster stg 3 review UPDATE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 05:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Monster stg 3 review UPDATE!!!!!

Well I finished installing my tranny and new monster stg3 last night. The car also has a new stock MC with drill mod and the new slave that comes with the clutch. I have to tell you it does not dissapoint at all. Ive put about 50 miles or so on it and the pedel is firmer than stock but not bad at all. Chatter is very mild and only on take off and I see it being gone as soon as its breaking in period is over.

UPDATE!!!!

All right guys Ive got the clutch broken in and all I can say is wow!!! I havent sprayed it yet but I did have 3 street runs last night and hot lapped it and this thing didnt even flinch a bit. No slipping at all and the best part is after a couple burnouts and the racing most of if not all of the chatter is gone. MONSTER ROCKS!!! The best money ive spent in along time. Now Iam worried about this 10bolt

Last edited by Justins00ss; 01-31-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They're strong clutches for sure. Mine makes quite a bit of noise but it might have been my tick master (leaking seal) that's been preventing my clutch from functioning/releasing properly. It sounds like a gang of turkies when I take off. What they told me at SNL is that I need to take it out and beat the holy crap out of it (dump it a few times) and it should knock the glazed surface off it. Hell, even if it is a little loud on some (not all) take off's then I can live with it. I don't mind noise if it's reminding me that stuff isn't breaking.

Oh, and for the record, my tick was leaking from inside the car. Tick is an awesome company that is standing behind it, just like SNL would if you ever have a clutch problem. Before my MC started leaking the two made a great combo.

Now, you'll need to do something about that rear end... and don't even think about a 12bolt with this clutch... there's a few threads out there where people have been posting up pics of their snapped 12bolt axles. Think MWC 9" or S60
Old 01-15-2010, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just swapped from a spec stg 3 to a monster stg 3 and its night and day difference. No chatter, very smooth. Makes my car fun to drive again
Old 01-16-2010, 01:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
Well I finished installing my tranny and new monster stg3 last night. The car also has a new stock MC with drill mod and the new slave that comes with the clutch. I have to tell you it does not dissapoint at all. Ive put about 50 miles or so on it and the pedel is firmer than stock but not bad at all. Chatter is very mild and only on take off and I see it being gone as soon as its breaking in period is over.
That's great!
Monster clutches are some well engineered works of art

Thanks
Chris
Old 01-16-2010, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

I've got the Tick Master and Monster Lvl 3 Preimum package and I love it. Very strong clutch setup to go with the newly rebuilt 750HP T56. The only chatter I ever notice is going into 1st from a dead stop and I'm sure if I beat on it it'd go away, so I have no complaints with that setup!
Old 01-16-2010, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blown03mustang
I just swapped from a spec stg 3 to a monster stg 3 and its night and day difference. No chatter, very smooth. Makes my car fun to drive again

Would you say the pedal is more firm than the Spec? Thats my only issue with my 3+, it feels like a stock Civic clutch pedal.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Can't vouch for the 'vs. Spec' but vs. stock, I think the pedal feels the same, HOWEVER, i bought a new Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, which has wider lines for the hydraulic fluid. Maybe you need the drill mod for your clutch master? Pedal is also adjustable...
Old 01-19-2010, 09:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was talking about the firmness of the pedal. The clutch operates perfectly, it just feels like a stock pedal. My old beater 91 civic had a firmer pedal with a stock clutch. I realize the clutch is cable operated on the civici but still.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Update

Quick Reply: Monster stg 3 review UPDATE!!!!!