Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

With monster?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default With monster?

I'm not here to bash monster. I own a monster clutch and love it. The product is great. That being said, I ordered a clutch over a month ago. I have been told on three different occasions that the clutch would be overnighted to me and that I could expect it to be at my door the following day. I can handle waiting on something. What I cannot handle is being blatantly lied to over and over again. Tell the damn truth! When the hell can I expect to receive my clutch? Don't keep BSing me with "it will be over nighted to you". Like i said before, waiting is not my issue. I absolutely hate being lied to over and over again.

Pm me asap for my contact information please.
Thanks
Old 10-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Had the same problem, took them over a month to get it to me. They said it was cuz of their machine. Sounded like they really cared and were trying really hard to get it to me asap tho. Steve responds pretty fast.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

They did respond fast... But they kept telling me that it would be there tomorrow or the next day. Would have been better to just tell me they would call me when the problem had been resolved. I hate being lied to.... I rely like monster, just think they did a poor job with communicating with me, And several other customers.

They told me Wednesday that it would be here today.... I got nothing. I'm pissed! This is the third time they told me that! I'm sick of it!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

I wouldnt say they lied to u, but maybe misjudged quite a bit lol
Old 10-16-2010, 01:58 AM
Teching In

from what ive heard there having alot of problems getting products out with them moving between buildings.i have a friend been waiting on clutch for couple months now i know its frustrating just give em a chance im sure theyll make it up
Old 10-16-2010, 06:59 AM
12 Second Club

Still no clutch... No call... Nothing. Where are you monster? How about a real answer this time?
Once again... Please pm me for my contact information asap.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:24 AM
12 Second Club

Still have not heard from monster... I left another voicemail...
Please pm me for my contact info.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:14 PM
12 Second Club

.... :-(
Old 10-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Had the same thing happen here still waiting on my clutch
Old 10-18-2010, 08:53 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by srpoweredcoupeNWH
Had the same thing happen here still waiting on my clutch
Sorry to hear man...

I'm still waiting to hear from monster... I wonder what they will tell me this week? IF they call me, or answer my calls.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Launching!

Hey Ross, dude sory to hear this too!...... but I have a question.... I know you were happy w/your monster but why are you already replacing it? are you just up grade-n ?
Old 10-18-2010, 04:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys we tell you the shipping dates based off of what the machine shop tells us. We're not lying to you or attempting to lie to you just to get you to stop calling. Hell, I would have loved it to be business as usual, but, these things happen.

I apologize if you feel like you're being ignored, we're working on this issue on a daily basis and by the end of the month there will be no more issues at all. I've yelled and cursed at the machinist as much as humanly possible, my hands are tied.

At this point, if any of you are having any issues, have questions, or just want to rant shoot me an email at steve@monsterclutches.com and I'll reply immediately. That email address contacts me no matter where I'm at.

As far as the op, one of my employees contacted you earlier today. If you have anymore questions just shoot me an email or call the shop and we'll get back with you asap.

On another note, we go to lunch between 12-1 CST, if you call then you'll get a voicemail.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRANS-DAD
Hey Ross, dude sory to hear this too!...... but I have a question.... I know you were happy w/your monster but why are you already replacing it? are you just up grade-n ?
This is for one of his friends/customers, his Monster (to my knowledge) is doing just fine.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just about to say...Steve has always been almost instant on my email's over the year(s).
Old 10-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Teching In

was contacted today.. was told i would receive clutch Wednesday.. will keep yall posted..
Old 10-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Teching In

As if this saga is over...the flywheel the machinist has been working on are not machined properly. The center bore hole was machined too small, and the alignment pin holes on the fly are drilled out of allignment with the pressure plate.

So, not only have people (like me) been waiting months and months for their orders, but now that they finally arrived, they cannot be used and need to be sent back.

I get problems. It happens. But if you screw your customers over, and are trying to salvage your reputation, maybe its wise to double/tripple check the product you are sending out to make sure its perfect.

There are no words...
Old 10-18-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If you guys ever change your mind... Here ya go.. great customer service, great products and great unbeatable prices.
Also, ask Jason what makes his clutches different from the rest, Ask about his chromoly flywheel too!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...k-sponsor.html

shop
http://www.texasdrivetrainperformance.com/
(please send suggestions for the main page pic) That pic of my shop has to go, lol.

Diamond Clutch
http://www.diamondclutch.com/

Texas Drivetrain Performance
Fort Worth, TX 76177
Email: txdrivetrain@hotmail.com
Phone: 817-300-6840
Shop Website: http://www.texasdrivetrainperformance.com/t56.html T56 rebuilds starting at $540!
Clutch Website: http://www.diamondclutch.com/ Clutch kits starting at $369!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
If you guys ever change your mind... Here ya go.. great customer service, great products and great unbeatable prices.
Also, ask Jason what makes his clutches different from the rest, Ask about his chromoly flywheel too!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...k-sponsor.html

shop
http://www.texasdrivetrainperformance.com/
(please send suggestions for the main page pic) That pic of my shop has to go, lol.

Diamond Clutch
http://www.diamondclutch.com/

Texas Drivetrain Performance
Fort Worth, TX 76177
Email: txdrivetrain@hotmail.com
Phone: 817-300-6840
Shop Website: http://www.texasdrivetrainperformance.com/t56.html T56 rebuilds starting at $540!
Clutch Website: http://www.diamondclutch.com/ Clutch kits starting at $369!
Just alittle FYI Jason uses off the shelf parts. Has every since I have known him. His flywheels were made by RAM. He might be using another flywheel by now but doesnt mean he has superior parts. He didnt design any of his parts as Monster did. So to come into a thread about Monster and start spouting off about a product that technically Jason didnt design but uses by buying it off the shelf is wrong.

Last edited by jdmoore144; 10-18-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmoore144
Just alittle FYI Jason uses off the shelf parts. Has every since I have known him. His flywheels were made by RAM. He might be using another flywheel by now but doesnt mean he has superior parts. He didnt design any of his parts as Monster did. So to come into a thread about Monster and start spouting off about a product that technically Jason didnt design but uses by buying it off the shelf is wrong.

Not once in my post did I mention monster as the target. I simply stated other vendors. You brought this up and made it the situation it is now. Regradless of where the parts come from the end result is what speaks for itself. Parts that are working perfect with each other do make them superior. It is a whole combination of parts that makes a kit hold the power it does. Show me one negative thing on this board about the kits Jason sells. Yeah, I won't hold my breath for you... That to me and alot of people makes his kits superior. He is a sponsor and sponsors here do go into each others threads to let each and every one of us know of their product. Gives US a better selection and at the end of the day WE decide what we go with.Why not give US the consumers the best options out there. It is what I was doing until you made it something different. I simply came in here to give options as does every sponsor. Before you go making this any worst than it is, you should sit back and think before you type.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:45 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
This is for one of his friends/customers, his Monster (to my knowledge) is doing just fine.
Yes the monster clutch in my car takes everything Like a champ! And yes I am posting up for "badpewterz". He's on the forum now so he can take it from here.

Quick Reply: With monster?